Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Chase or St. Brown extension on deck...
(04-24-2024, 01:21 PM)BengalBob Wrote: Per Ian Rappaport:

Sources: The #Lions have a deal for one of the top young talents, agreeing on an extension for WR Amon-Ra St. Brown. He gets 4 years and more than $120M with $77M guaranteed.

Weezy knows people

Wow. Drafted in the fourth round three years ago and now he's got $120 million (or at least $77 million) in the bag. Good for him. True testament to hard work, dedication, self-belief and... being drafted by the right team that's ready to turn the corner and desperately needs you! 
Reply/Quote
Comes out to about an average of 25 million per year because they essentially bought out his final rookie year.

Chase and Jefferson will command more for sure.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
We just invoked the 5th year option on Chase. Before anyone panics remember we did this on Burrow then signed a big extension.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 09:28 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I know people. 

Kudos to you sir
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 09:40 AM)CJD Wrote: Why do your sources speak in riddles?

His source is The Sphinx. 
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 01:32 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Comes out to about an average of 25 million per year because they essentially bought out his final rookie year.

Chase and Jefferson will command more for sure.

Yes sir and good call Weezy on St Brown getting a nice extension. Not a bad deal honestly, St Brown has become maybe a top 5 WR 
after last year which is saying something. But JJ and Chase are above him IMO and will get around 30 mil per year pretty sure.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 04:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes sir and good call Weezy on St Brown getting a nice extension. Not a bad deal honestly, St Brown has become maybe a top 5 WR 
after last year which is saying something. But JJ and Chase are above him IMO and will get around 30 mil per year pretty sure.

Amon-Ra is probably the most consistent WR in the league. Seems like he'll get you 7 catches and 100 yards per game. He scored more TDs last year too... Pretty impressive draft to come away with him AND Sewell.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Peneii Sewell got a 112M extension over 4 years.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 04:34 PM)jason Wrote: Amon-Ra is probably the most consistent WR in the league.  Seems like he'll get you 7 catches and 100 yards per game. He scored more TDs last year too... Pretty impressive draft to come away with him AND Sewell.

Yeah, he is good alright. Very impressive to get those 2 players in one draft. The Sun God ain't no punk, just needs to put multiple years of 
production like that together and he could be right there with JJ and Chase. If Chase can stay healthy this year while we are improved in the 
trenches and Burrow is healthy I expect him to be the top WR this season.

(04-24-2024, 04:55 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Peneii Sewell got a 112M extension over 4 years.

The Lions are doing some very good things gotta say.
Reply/Quote
Well damn
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 10:13 AM)SladeX Wrote: Yeah well my broker is EF Hutton, and he says…

I ain't listening
Reply/Quote
Dammit. Now why didn't I learn how to catch footballs when I was a kid? I was never very good at it, but I could catch a baseball. Unfortunately I couldn't hit a fastball and had a fastball like a bottle of molasses.  Sad
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote