Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chase returns to practice
(11-23-2022, 02:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Chase should give a big boost to the passing offense if the Bengals can keep their pass rush at bay.
Titans are 10th in the league in sacks, with 30.
On the flip side, Bengals are tied for 29th with just 16.
Bengals also will likely struggle running the ball, as TEN is elite in run defense, so the passing attack becomes even more important.

This could end up being a low-scoring game, much like the playoff game in January.

McMaybe needs to be McMoney.....
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 01:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Did not know this, big deal if this is the case. Heard Simmons might not play?

Where did you hear that?

Tuesday's practice list for TEN has the following:
DNP - Randy Bullock, Denico Autry, Ben Jones, Kristian Fulton
Practiced - Bud Dupree, Amani Hooker, Caleb Shudak, Elijah Molden

Nothing mentioned at all about Simmons being out due to injury.
Simmons did miss some practices between KC and GB due to a lingering ankle, but he played in the GB game.
I expect he'll play.
The only one really to keep an eye on will be Autry.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2022, 02:34 PM)Sled21 Wrote: McMaybe needs to be McMoney.....

The nice difference between Jan and this Sunday is Sunday is going to be a day game and it is expected to be dry and in the mid-50's. Very nice, ideal football weather.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2022/11/23/23475465/jamarr-chase-injury-joe-burrow-news-bengals-vs-titans

Burrow is expecting Ja'Marr to suit up.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2022, 02:34 PM)Sled21 Wrote: McMaybe needs to be McMoney.....

You did watch on Sunday, right?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 08:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Did he throw them from a helicopter?

Probably one of the top 10 funniest moments in TV history.  Still makes me laugh to this day... When Les says "It was like the turkeys mounted a counterattack".   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Per Taylor, Chase has yet to begin practicing and is still day-to-day.

Link.

However, Ben Baby snapped a photo of Chase, practicing. I am guessing Zac said that before today's session.

Link 2.
Reply/Quote
While the Titans can get after the QB they do give up a ton of yards thru the air, botton 5, and have given up 18 td passes. Whis is in the bottom 5 of the league.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2022, 02:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Where did you hear that?

Tuesday's practice list for TEN has the following:
DNP - Randy Bullock, Denico Autry, Ben Jones, Kristian Fulton
Practiced - Bud Dupree, Amani Hooker, Caleb Shudak, Elijah Molden

Nothing mentioned at all about Simmons being out due to injury.
Simmons did miss some practices between KC and GB due to a lingering ankle, but he played in the GB game.
I expect he'll play.
The only one really to keep an eye on will be Autry.

Heard it from a poster on here, thanks Ocho, too bad. Simmons is a stud and can change the game in their favor 
especially going against a rookie in Volson at times. If Autry can't go that is a big deal though.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2022, 02:26 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Autry their stud DL is most likely out too. 

Ocho said Simmons will probably play but if Autry is out that is big, Autry is a damn good pass rusher.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 05:55 PM)michaelsean Wrote: If the fracture is healed then it's healed I guess.

It was the labrum tear that they were also concerned with....but he has been getting daily treatment and I hope that is clear as well.  From what I understand, they have to kind of sit on Ja'marr because he wants to do everything full speed all the time (before the injury).  They will try to bring him along slowly.

I was really surprised Burrow said he expects Chase to play.  Whether he does or not, just surprised he would say that unless that was intentional gamesmanship and Chase likely won't  play? 
Reply/Quote
This will be a massive lift to the team who are already riding high.

If we win on Sunday the atmosphere against KC will be electric homecoming game and welcoming Chase back they better announce the offence the place will go crazy when he runs out.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2022, 11:16 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It was the labrum tear that they were also concerned with....but he has been getting daily treatment and I hope that is clear as well.  From what I understand, they have to kind of sit on Ja'marr because he wants to do everything full speed all the time (before the injury).  They will try to bring him along slowly.

I was really surprised Burrow said he expects Chase to play.  Whether he does or not, just surprised he would say that unless that was intentional gamesmanship and Chase likely won't  play? 

Definitely would want them to be cautious if there’s any chance of re-injuring him. If they protect Burrow then they can win with the receivers they have.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2022, 11:16 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It was the labrum tear that they were also concerned with....but he has been getting daily treatment and I hope that is clear as well.  From what I understand, they have to kind of sit on Ja'marr because he wants to do everything full speed all the time (before the injury).  They will try to bring him along slowly.

The labrum tear is something that can be played and dealt with, so long as you aren't in excruciating pain (of which Chase has said since the beginning, he isn't in any); the sitting out was to allow time for the fracture to heal, as landing on it/hitting it/moving too hard on it can cause a bigger, much more serious break.

It's been 4 weeks and even if the bone isn't 100%, it'll be much better than it was when first diagnosed.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Would be great if he is ready, but don't want to risk Chase if he is not ready to go.

The pic from practiced posted looks like him just goofing around on the sideline to me.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I'm glad it looks like he'll be back this week. But I would expect them to limit him quite a bit. But just being on the field will have a major impact.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2022, 12:29 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'm glad it looks like he'll be back this week. But I would expect them to limit him quite a bit. But just being on the field will have a major impact.

That is really all we need him for, if they don't double him, he will still get open I am sure if he is even close to 100%
while they are limiting him. Him just being limited is a major bonus to this Offense, just don't press it is all.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2022, 12:08 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: The labrum tear is something that can be played and dealt with, so long as you aren't in excruciating pain (of which Chase has said since the beginning, he isn't in any); the sitting out was to allow time for the fracture to heal, as landing on it/hitting it/moving too hard on it can cause a bigger, much more serious break.

It's been 4 weeks and even if the bone isn't 100%, it'll be much better than it was when first diagnosed.

I would think they wouldn't let him even practice if the bone wasn't 100% healed.  I know he was undergoing daily treatment to help stimulate the healing and he did what was asked, which was not to put any weight/stress on it.  

I want him completely healthy and don't want to risk losing him for the season, but I think he is a HUGE difference maker if he is out there this week.  The way Burrow has been working so well underneath with the TEs and RBs, Higgins being on fire (and seemingly starting to be able to help the coaches know how to attack the defense) with a return of Chase could be really fun. 
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2022, 11:40 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I would think they wouldn't let him even practice if the bone wasn't 100% healed.  I know he was undergoing daily treatment to help stimulate the healing and he did what was asked, which was not to put any weight/stress on it.  

I want him completely healthy and don't want to risk losing him for the season, but I think he is a HUGE difference maker if he is out there this week.  The way Burrow has been working so well underneath with the TEs and RBs, Higgins being on fire (and seemingly starting to be able to help the coaches know how to attack the defense) with a return of Chase could be really fun. 

Could be a blessing in disguise, the Chase injury. Could of really helped Burrow gain chemistry with everybody else as he 
was kind of forcing the ball to Chase early this season instead of just hitting the open man and taking what the Defense 
gives him. Like you said, could be really fun.
Reply/Quote