Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase's hustle...
We all saw and raved about Chase's block on the Detroit safety leading the way for Mixon's touchdown. What a great play. Something I didn't really catch until watching the replays. 25 seconds into this highlight video, the ball goes off of Chase's fingertips and is intercepted. Chase is down on the field flat on his back, with 2 Lions over him. The Lion making the reception starts his run back, only to be tackled by...... Chase.  How freaking fast must he have been moving to get up off the field, hustle after the play and make the tackle. (Hopkins was there as well) There's more effort on this play than there was on the block. Sorry, loved AJ but I don't know of any other WR who ever put this much effort into making plays. JoeyB was right when he says "All Chase does is make plays"

I can't get it to play, you may have to watch it on the homepage.

Reply/Quote
I saw this play when it happened. I am more impressed with this play than I am the touchdown block. To pick himself up off the ground like he did and make that tackle shows heart, determination and an utter will to succeed. A diva player would have layed there, got up slowly and jogged back into the play and been a total non factor. Making that tackle was huge because Goff threw an interception shortly afterwards. If Lions end up with even better field position than they did then maybe Goff does not throw the interception.
Reply/Quote
Yeah it isn't playing for me either but I will watch for this. Shows he always wants to make up for any mistake he makes.

That INT was on Chase, he knew it and made a play to save a TD. Think Chase could be our best WR ever if he keeps it up.
Reply/Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY6iexcrDmo

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 01:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah it isn't playing for me either but I will watch for this. Shows he always wants to make up for any mistake he makes.

That INT was on Chase, he knew it and made a play to save a TD. Think Chase could be our best WR ever if he keeps it up.

& in contention for best among the Bengals, ever. Of course, with the exception of Anthony Munoz. I know, I know it is early to talk about Chase this way, but he seems to be a baller. He's got the tools and desire to do more than be a WR who makes big plays. He's just a solid player and his grit + hustle is going to make him a fan fav.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 01:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah it isn't playing for me either but I will watch for this. Shows he always wants to make up for any mistake he makes.

It was above where he could reach it, and just brushed it with his fingers
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 03:37 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It was above where he could reach it, and just brushed it with his fingers

From what I saw he could of reached bit higher and at least knocked the ball down.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 02:27 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: & in contention for best among the Bengals, ever. Of course, with the exception of Anthony Munoz. I know, I know it is early to talk about Chase this way, but he seems to be a baller. He's got the tools and desire to do more than be a WR who makes big plays. He's just a solid player and his grit + hustle is going to make him a fan fav.

Yes, extremely early but he is doing all this as a rookie and is in the argument for being the best WR in the NFL besides Devante
Adams as a rookie. He even put up a great game in the same game with Devante. The way he blocks, hustles, bails out Burrow 
when plays break down etc...

It is all very special.
Reply/Quote