Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase talks about his contract...
(01-05-2024, 02:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: e717676d-d60c-467e-b324-fd11aee75bea_text.gif]

Good movie.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2024, 01:19 PM)Whatever Wrote: Something interesting that I haven't seen mentioned yet is Chase did say he would take a pay cut to Justin Jefferson in stripes.

I'm sure Tee appreciated that 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2024, 02:45 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: I'm sure Tee appreciated that 

Well, we never heard anything from Higgins about taking less to make sure the team would be able to resign Chase, did we?

Beyond that, Tee is a WR2 that wants top end WR1 money.  He isn't getting that, here.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2024, 03:31 PM)Whatever Wrote: Well, we never heard anything from Higgins about taking less to make sure the team would be able to resign Chase, did we?

Beyond that, Tee is a WR2 that wants top end WR1 money.  He isn't getting that, here.

What if tee said that about someone else 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2024, 01:21 PM)Mer Wrote: 5 games missed isn't terrible but it's still roughly 15% of the regular season games. If you add in the games he played but wasn't 100% it's a little higher. 

I'm not trying to say don't sign him. Absolutely get him under contract but I absolutely believe the front office is thinking the same thing I'm saying.

5 over 3 years.

10%.

I'd say that's about normal, NFL-wide, for the HISTORY of the game.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Spotrac Article about the 2024 Franchise Tag and some candidates.

https://www.spotrac.com/news/projected-2024-franchise-tag-candidates-2110/

Quote:TEE HIGGINS (WR, BENGALS
PROJECTED TAG: $20.7M
CURRENT MARKET VALUE: $16.5M
Higgins has been locked into the WR2 role for 4-straight seasons in Cincy, and has likely been offered contracts reflecting that. A franchise tag offer would represent an overpay based on this approach, making it extremely likely that the near 25-year-old hits the open market this March. Will another franchise value him at a WR1 ($22M-$25M per year) level?

Ill throw this one out there too...

Quote:CHRISTIAN WILKINS (DT, DOLPHINS)
PROJECTED TAG: $20.9M
CURRENT MARKET VALUE: $20.2M
Despite a career year in 2023, Wilkins doesn’t quite have the total resume to mathematically calculate toward the $22M-$24M deals that Quinnen Williams, Daron Payne, or Jeffery Simmons have locked in. But he’s certainly in that conversation. Miami enters the 2024 offseason $41M of salary cap in the red, so a $21M franchise tag hit out of the gate isn’t ideal. This could be a situation to monitor in the coming weeks.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Love Ja'Marr Chase and want him to be in stripes for a very long time. Pay the man his money, he is our #1 and seriously could be
the best WR in the NFL soon. Love his brother JJ who is also great and is currently the best, but Ja'Marr clearly has the best QB and
they are still only scratching the surface together. The more we target Chase it seems the more we win. He is that important to our
success and he can beat any Corner in the NFL when he is being targeted consistently and being used correctly.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2024, 10:55 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: "As for his own contract negotiations, as he becomes eligible for an extension, Chase said, “Lord knows I want to do that.”.
Asked if Justin Jefferson needs to sign first before he will sign, Chase responded, “Hell, yeah,” and laughed.
Chase offered an idea of what he will be looking for from the office in terms of the structure of the contract.
“Probably just up front (guaranteed money), for real,” Chase said."

Really hope the guaranteed money that Chase want's isn't the barrier to getting him signed. Lord knows the Bengals are stingy with their guaranteed money.

It is 2024, in the NFL it will ALWAYS be about the guaranteed money.  I don't think I'm going out on a limb to say that is the biggest barrier to a Tee Higgins extension is. It would be nice if the Browns could get away with their non -guaranteed traditions but that isn't going to fly for these big star-level players.  They realized it with Burrow.  We will have to see if they realize it for their other star players

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2024, 05:05 PM)pally Wrote: It is 2024, in the NFL it will ALWAYS be about the guaranteed money.  I don't think I'm going out on a limb to say that is the biggest barrier to a Tee Higgins extension is. It would be nice if the Browns could get away with their non -guaranteed traditions but that isn't going to fly for these big star-level players.  They realized it with Burrow.  We will have to see if they realize it for their other star players

I think the FO must of said to Tee that guaranteed money is going to Chase and Tee wanted the guaranteed money as well. Only so much to 
go around. Was a good move in not paying Tee in my opinion as we just saw another year of him being injured a lot of the time. Chase does 
get injured as all WR's do but not near as much as Tee, just a fact.

Plus Chase has played through a hip injury and still dominated in that game which is just crazy.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2024, 04:36 PM)Synric Wrote: Spotrac Article about the 2024 Franchise Tag and some candidates.

https://www.spotrac.com/news/projected-2024-franchise-tag-candidates-2110/

Ill throw this one out there too...

Tagging and trading Tee for Christian Wilkins would be a great move for us.

I am liking stealing Madubuike away from the Ravens in FA just as much though, better younger pass rusher this year.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2024, 11:43 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Sure it does. That’s why he wants to wait until after Jefferson gets his deal done. So he can top it.

Or maybe he just doesn't want to undercut his friend.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2024, 10:55 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: "As for his own contract negotiations, as he becomes eligible for an extension, Chase said, “Lord knows I want to do that.”.
Asked if Justin Jefferson needs to sign first before he will sign, Chase responded, “Hell, yeah,” and laughed.
Chase offered an idea of what he will be looking for from the office in terms of the structure of the contract.
“Probably just up front (guaranteed money), for real,” Chase said."

Really hope the guaranteed money that Chase want's isn't the barrier to getting him signed. Lord knows the Bengals are stingy with their guaranteed money.
And I really hope Chase understands the risk to sign him with so much $$$ guaranteed hope he is reasonable and understand most teams position on guaranteed $$
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2024, 02:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Good movie.

Few are better than John Malkovich
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
McAfee slamming Kelsey Conway over bad questions to Chase.

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2024, 11:19 PM)casear2727 Wrote: McAfee slamming Kelsey Conway over bad questions to Chase.

She is the absolute WORST. She doesn’t even attempt to hide her disdain for the Bengals. I had to finally unfollow her earlier this season.

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2024, 11:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: She is the absolute WORST. She doesn’t even attempt to hide her disdain for the Bengals. I had to finally unfollow her earlier this season.

She is an unabashed Ravens fan who has been bitter that she had to leave Baltimore because no one there wanted her. She has blocked at least 100 hundred Bengals fans on Twitter.

Reply/Quote
So it'd be 100,000,000 guaranteed, maybe?

About 3 seasons top dollar worth guaranteed?

Are those the figures?

That seems fair.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2024, 02:06 PM)ochocincos Wrote: My comment wasn't about what I think will happen, it was about what I would do.
I wouldn't have made Burrow the highest-paid QB over Mahomes either.
But as you said, it happened.

You are right that Chase has more TDs, but I view TDs as kind of circumstantial.
Outside of Chase's 13 his rookie year, he's been right about the same as Jefferson gets every year, which is ~7-10.
But yes, I can see that playing somewhat of a factor, but I don't personally put that at a higher weight over the yardage gap between the two.

Not only did burrow get paid more than Mahomes, so did Hurts and Herbert. It wasn’t because any of them are better, it’s because they signed deals years after Mahomes signed his. It’s like paying more for a house now than it cost 3 years ago
Reply/Quote
Cha$e i$ going to get hi$ payday, and it'$ very well de$erved !!!

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2024, 06:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Or maybe he just doesn't want to undercut his friend.

Most likely and Burrow is going to sign an unheard-of team-friendly deal. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote