Poll: No trade Scenario, who do you pick?
This poll is closed.
Chase
35.71%
15 35.71%
Pitts
57.14%
24 57.14%
OT other than Sewell
7.14%
3 7.14%
Total 42 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chase versus Pitts
I hear and see a lot of Sewell versus Chase for pick #5. Here is the senario. Sewell is gone, we try but can't find a trade partner.

Do you pick Chase or Pitts or another OT?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
It's a tough call, which us why I don't want to trade down. Pitts or Chase are both wins. I don't think you will see another Pitts come along for awhile where as you could see another Chase type player in next year's draft, So I would lean to Pitts,
Reply/Quote
I don't think you can go wrong with any of the three selections and I was really tempted to pick OT other then Sewell (Slater), but Pitts is basically the ideal TE prospect with the one exception that he doesn't get a lot of movement in run blocking, he just holds his position (but he shows effort).

For that reason, I say take the generational talent in Pitts.

Chase is a wonderful prospect, but he isn't generational and he has some risk associated with him (will his high point ball game translate to the NFL when he's only 6'0" tall? Will he learn better routes to get more separation? Will he actually care about the plays that aren't tailor made to go to him?) and Slater is a bit of a reach by most people's considerations (he's on the edge for me. I'd take him in a heart beat in a trade down though).
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 10:51 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I don't think you can go wrong with any of the three selections and I was really tempted to pick OT other then Sewell (Slater), but Pitts is basically the ideal TE prospect with the one exception that he doesn't get a lot of movement in run blocking, he just holds his position (but he shows effort).

For that reason, I say take the generational talent in Pitts.

Chase is a wonderful prospect, but he isn't generational and he has some risk associated with him (will his high point ball game translate to the NFL when he's only 6'0" tall? Will he learn better routes to get more separation? Will he actually care about the plays that aren't tailor made to go to him?) and Slater is a bit of a reach by most people's considerations (he's on the edge for me. I'd take him in a heart beat in a trade down though).

Ive been banging the table for Pitts for months now.
Theres a old saying "you cant teach size"

He is 6'6 and runs routes like a WR. 
His routes are precise not rounded off. 
Imagine if he was a Bengal and he is spilt out like a WR.
You.can still use Sample as a TE and have him block
Now you got Boyd Higgins and Pitts on the field.
What CB can take on a 6'6 target that is a already a good route 
Runner?
Reply/Quote
That is a very dangerous 11 personal package
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 01:05 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Ive been banging the table for Pitts for months now.
Theres a old saying "you cant teach size"

He is 6'6 and runs routes like a WR. 
His routes are precise not rounded off. 
Imagine if he was a Bengal and he is spilt out like a WR.
You.can still use Sample as a TE and have him block
Now you got Boyd Higgins and Pitts on the field.
What CB can take on a 6'6 target that is a already a good route 
Runner?

I agree Pitts intrigues me and while there seem to 4 to 6 WR's per draft that are capable of being elite, very few TE's per draft class.

I have also been saying add Ertz via trade, he is the complete TE to package with Sample for running or play action plays or with Pitts. Then we save most of the Ertz salary by cutting Uzomah.

Ertz
Pitts
Sample

Sign Conley as a short term answer to stretch the field.

Those 3 TE's with a better OL could also improve the running game and ball possession keeping our defense off the field and rested. Add Burrow is very accurate within 25 yards, he proved it in 2020 prior to being hurt. TE's are a QB's best friend.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
This is faster than Kelce, Kittle, Gronk, and just about every top current NFL tight end ran for their 40

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 06:32 PM)pally Wrote: This is faster than Kelce, Kittle, Gronk, and just about every top current NFL tight end ran for their 40

According to.Murdock Kyle Pitts.cant be drafted  in the Top 5 
cause no TE has ever been.drafted that high before so Bengals 
Shouldnt draft him
Reply/Quote
Anything in the 4.5s range would have put him over the top on most teams Boards, 4.46? This puts him whole new level.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I would still go with Chase over Pitts. I've said it before and I'll say it again, he was better than Jefferson in college and Jefferson was an All Pro in his rookie season. We have his college QB. We installed portions of his college offense into ours. I think he's a slam dunk perennial Pro Bowler that can plug and play as a rookie with minimal adjustment.

Pitts is a great prospect, too, and I'd be extremely happy with him as well. The only concerns I have with him are TE's don't usually make huge impacts as rookies and tend to need a year to adjust and if Pitts is as advertised, will the Bengals make him the highest paid TE in the NFL in order to keep him.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 06:48 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Anything in the 4.5s range would have put him over the top on most teams Boards, 4.46?  This puts him whole new level.

Yeah, he was projected to run in the 4.6 range.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 06:32 PM)pally Wrote: This is faster than Kelce, Kittle, Gronk, and just about every top current NFL tight end ran for their 40

He's faster and bigger than AJ Green. He can officially play X Receiver.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 07:00 PM)Synric Wrote: He's faster and bigger than AJ Green. He can officially play X Receiver.

Pretty sure that AJ would have been down into the mid 4.4's if he had decided to run at his pro day.  

That time from Pitts is extremely impressive, but this is from a private workout.  
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 07:32 PM)Whatever Wrote: Pretty sure that AJ would have been down into the mid 4.4's if he had decided to run at his pro day.  

That time from Pitts is extremely impressive, but this is from a private workout.  

Anyway you look at it Kyle Pitts runs a high 4.4 low 4.5. That is fast enough to play receiver in the NFL let alone TE. I've seen where teams are actually looking at him to play Receiver instead of TE. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 06:48 PM)impactplaya Wrote: According to.Murdock Kyle Pitts.cant be drafted  in the Top 5 
cause no TE has ever been.drafted that high before so Bengals 
Shouldnt draft him

I'd be thrilled with Pitts, especially if we could move back at all and still get him.

Imagine being able to land an explosive TE and pick up a decent O-lineman.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Holy shit. Give me this dude.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 07:39 PM)Synric Wrote: Anyway you look at it Kyle Pitts runs a high 4.4 low 4.5. That is fast enough to play receiver in the NFL let alone TE. I've seen where teams are actually looking at him to play Receiver instead of TE. 

Not trying to crap on Pitts, but a portrait mode cell phone video of him running that cuts off him going through the finish and doesn't actually show the time he ran with nothing but the people in his camp there saying he ran 4.46 isn't enough for me to say that's what he runs, especially when it's .2 faster than what he was projected to run.  If he backs it up at his Pro Day, I'd put him ahead of Sewell and Chase on my board.  However, it will look pretty suspect if he doesn't run at his Pro Day or pulls up with a hammy in his first attempt.
Reply/Quote
Pitts has put up 1492 yards and 18 TDs over three seasons.

Chase has put up 2093 yards and 23 TDs over two seasons. 

Pitts is not magically an X-receicer because of a 40 time. He is a TE. If he is suddenly an X receiver, you need to compare his stats to other X receivers and justify why he produced substantially less. 
Reply/Quote
I voted for Chase on accident. It would be a coin flip but I would lean towards the size that is unteachable
Reply/Quote
Pitts will do do more to improve the offense of whichever NFL team that drafts him than any of the the WRs in this draft class could do. The mismatches he creates are just ridiculous.

Don't forget what Eifert did for the Bengals offense when he was healthy. And he did it with Dalton as our QB. Think about what Pitts can do with Burrow.

This is such a no brainer, I can't believe there's such a debate about it.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote