Poll: No trade Scenario, who do you pick?
This poll is closed.
Chase
35.71%
15 35.71%
Pitts
57.14%
24 57.14%
OT other than Sewell
7.14%
3 7.14%
Total 42 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chase versus Pitts
(03-23-2021, 03:45 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Pitts will do do more to improve the offense of whichever NFL team that drafts him than any of the the WRs in this draft class could do. The mismatches he creates are just ridiculous.

Don't forget what Eifert did for the Bengals offense when he was healthy. And he did it with Dalton as our QB. Think about what Pitts can do with Burrow.

This is such a no brainer, I can't believe there's such a debate about it.

And why was he able to do it? Because he had AJ Green drawing double (and sometimes triple) coverage. It's a whole lot easier to get open when you have a guy putting up 1300 and 1400 yard seasons with double digit TDs, drawing all the best coverage guys to him.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 10:57 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Megatron stayed full-time at WR because he ran a 4.35 at the Combine. Even then that much mass moving and stopping and moving again that quickly and taking that many hits breaks down a body faster. 

- - - - -

Honestly, while it's nice to see 40 times, for me the more important times for a pass catcher are the 10-yd split, 20-yd shuttle, and the 3-cone. All about that initial burst and the change of direction agility. Rarely are guys allowed to get to run 40 yards in a straight line unimpeded in an actual game. 

It's why John Ross' 40 time was a red flag because he also ran a 4.35 20-yd shuttle compared to AJ Green who ran the 20-yd shuttle in 4.21, and Ross didn't even run the 3-cone at all. Despite running 0.24 faster in the 40 than Marvin Jones, his 10-yd split was 1.49, only 0.02 faster.

They aren't the end-all-be-all numbers for determining success, obviously, but I think they're pretty solid indications to look at and be very concerned if they're not good at all.

Yes, I realize 40 time isn't the only determining factor in playing WR.
I don't believe Pitts did the shuttle in his pre-pro day workout, but you can tell from watching film that he is shifty, especially for a guy that big.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 11:27 PM)Whatever Wrote: The thing with Chase is he had his monster season when he was a true sophomore.  Pro projections favor guys who were better early in their careers.  For him to set records that young in the SEC is huge, because the kid is nowhere near topped out yet.  He's not polished as a route runner, yet, and is winning with his hands and his burst.  

You mentioned Jefferson, who had his breakout year as a junior.  Chase was better than Jefferson when he was only a sophomore and Jefferson broke the rookie receiving record and was the first rookie All Pro WR in over 30 years.  

I think it's easy to look at Chase's height/weight/speed and say guys like him come along every year, but he's a special prospect.  He doesn't have the physical freak aspect Pitts does, but he's going to be a top tier NFL WR.

Good Post
Reply/Quote
Has anybody thought that Kyle Pitts was able to put.up.some
Incredible numbers at Florida despite having
A QB that had anticipation and accuracy issues?
Trask is very average
What kind of numbers would have Pitts produced if
He had Burrow throwing to.him?
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2021, 10:14 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Has anybody thought that Kyle Pitts was able to put.up.some
Trask is very average

This is what makes the 2 a tough call.

In the end, I think if they stay healthy, both will end up great.

So, can we go wrong with either?

The argument Zac's offense does not utilize a TE and he won't change it for a great TE is questionable at best. Zac's offense for 2 years failed, so if he is smart, everything is on the table. So in my opinion, yes he would design some plays just for Pitts.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2021, 10:14 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Has anybody thought that Kyle Pitts was able to put.up.some
Trask is very average

Trask is projected to go in the 1st.  Most college TE's never even play with a draftable QB, let alone a 1st round pick.  
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2021, 12:47 PM)Au165 Wrote:

Hope Pitts is the pick then double dip on O-line while adding some pass rushers.
Reply/Quote