Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase vs Sewell
(03-27-2021, 04:56 PM)Whatever Wrote: I personally have Chase as the #1 WR, but some people have Smith in that spot.  However, Chase makes a lot more sense for us given his connection to Burrow and questions about whether Smith and his slight frame can hold up in the AFCN.

One thing I haven't seen anyone discuss is Miami is pegged for a WR in the first.  They had #12 and #18 and gave up a 1st next year to move back up to 6 to presumably get a WR.  So a team that had 12, 18, 36, and 50 wasn't confident in getting a WR1 at any of those spots and gave up a 1st to come back up for one?  Their scouting department doesn't seem anywhere near as confident in this WR class as a lot of folks around here are.

This is actually a really good point.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
You could pretty much flip a coin if it were up to me. Sewell and Chase are my #1's and I would be happy with either. Beyond that Pitts, Waddle, Slater. Bucky Brooks had Slater mocked to us with the 5th pick. It's all just speculation though. Who knows what they will do, but I think at least one of those guys will be there maybe both.

Although I have to say I think for a rookie Higgins showed enough that he could end up being a legit #1 WR and a good one. He had an excellent rookie season and should only get better. So I'm predicting if both were available, they would take Sewell at this point with potential 2 pro bowl caliber WR's already on the roster. I'm probably wrong, but I think they take Sewell if he's there.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2021, 11:26 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Baltimore mostly killed us by blitzing. A lot of that is on the coaching.

Explain that to me please. Pass Pro sets are mostly on post-snap recognition and communication. Obviously, this relies heavily on familiarity with what each guy on your right of left is doing (aka chemistry). But their are only slight differences in the actual sets these guys have been running since HS. Most are (or should be) should be fairly easily to incorporate, for example independent hands which is in vogue now.

Or is this just another “blame Turner” because it’s chic opinion.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2021, 01:20 AM)CoachGeorge Wrote: Explain that to me please. Pass Pro sets are mostly on post-snap recognition and communication. Obviously, this relies heavily on familiarity with what each guy on your right of left is doing (aka chemistry). But their are only slight differences in the actual sets these guys have been running since HS. Most are (or should be) should be fairly easily to incorporate, for example independent hands which is in vogue now.

Or is this just another “blame Turner” because it’s chic opinion.

Ofc some of it was on Turner. Multiple guys not being able to pick up certain stunts week after week shows a lack of preparation.

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2021, 01:42 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ofc some of it was on Turner. Multiple guys not being able to pick up certain stunts week after week shows a lack of preparation.

The amount of times I saw the line let an interior rusher free to pick up a free rusher in the edge was really frustrating. That should just never be a thing.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2021, 05:28 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: In round 2, I’m not sure the Bengals can find a WR1 to line up at the x position. But, I’m almost certain they will be able to find a very good, but not elite, OT or OG who could be a Day 1 plug and play player somewhere along the interior offensive line.

Exactly.
Reply/Quote
I believe it’s getting down between Chase and Pitts for me. Save rds 2-3 for OLine.

Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote