Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sign Reiff, Draft DeVonta Smith
TAKE SEWELL OFF THE BOARD

Mike Brown is NOT going to have 3 High Priced Tackles. He just isn't

Bengals love Williams and just added Reiff. Those are The Tackles. No, they are not going to draft Sewell and ask him to try to play guard at a 5th pick payroll price. Mike Brown does NOT pay guards, Remember.

So it is Williams and Reiff....Williams and Reiff....Get that through your heads....The Bengals decided to go with Reiff, not Sewell, and they may have never been interested in Sewell. Bengals never said they wanted Sewell. ...It is Williams and Reiff at Tackle

So at pick 5, it could be the LB from Penn State, The TE from Florida, or the WR from LSU or the WR from Alabama. I think the guy that goes up and fights for the ball the best is DeVonta Smith. I see these wide open plays Chase made, but NFL defenses are better than that. DeVonta Smith gives you so much, he can get wide open, but he makes the toe tapping AJ Green catches going out of bounds. He goes up and fights the ball away from defenders. He catches balls with one hand and diving catches when thrown bad. He makes the most amazing catches people have seen, like Isaac Curtis. He is also like an extra running back, and he has good running back moves and a good stiff arm. He is a great kick returner. There is a reason HE won the Heisman over the Clemson QB and Chase. DeVonta Smith DOMINATED the SEC, so nobody say he isn't tough. He is taller than Chase. He is better than Chase. Chase has about 20 pounds on Smith, but Bengals can add some muscle pounds to Smith.

When Bengals took Reiff to go with Williams, THAT takes tackle off the boards at pick 5. So it comes down to the TE, The LB or one of the 2 WR's. CBS Sports says Bengals are leaning to the WR's.

IT WILL NOT BE THE TACKLE, not after signing Reiff.....could be the TE or LB....My problem with the Florida TE is he lined up a lot as a WR. He is no Gronk or Kelce TE.....MANY SAY, AND I AGREE, THAT IT WILL BE WR now that Reiff signed. I'm hoping for The Heisman WR. The Bengals could use him in so many ways. He can run the ball, He can catch the screen and swing passes behind the line, he can catch the short routes, he can catch the sidelines passes, he can catch in tight coverage, he can go deep, he is great in the end zone, He has amazing speed. He is great on kick returns. The Heisman guy has a million ways to get him the ball, and Bengals will find they will want to get him the ball. With the ball, DeVonta Smith cannot be stopped, as announcers said.

So forget Sewell, they took Reiff and they love Williams. ...It is the Florida TE more like a WR, which I don't like, not a Gronk or Kelce....or the Penn State LB....or the LSU WR Chase.....or THE HEISMAN WINNING Alabama WR who DOMINATED SEC and Ohio State. He tore Ohio State a new rear end. IT is 1 of those 4 now. I add that Keyshawn Johnson compares Smith to Marvin Harrison or Antonio Brown.....With AJ Green and Ross gone, Bengals need a good WR to add to Boyd and Higgins. Burrow needs more passing targets. IF ALL WE HAVE IS BOYD and HIGGINS, THEY WILL BE COVERED. WE NEED ONE MORE, SMITH or CHASE.

Take Sewell off your boards, Bengals went with Williams and Reiff Combo. They will NOT take another Tackle in Round 1. ...It is the TE, The LB or the 2 SEC WR's.....I like the SEC WR's, especially Mister Heisman.

if Bengals take Smith, and we have back to back Heisman Winners out of the tough SEC, Bengals are going to WIN Play-Off Games. You build a Champion, by drafting Champions. When you see Smith in Stripes taking us to Play-Off Wins, you all will be glad we got this Do Everything Heisman. He is just what Zac Taylor needs, in fact, he may be the only person to make Zac Taylor offense work. A do everything Heisman to open it up more for Boyd, Higgins, Mixon, Joe Heisman Burrow. That do everything Heisman Smith.

You were right the 1st time Essex Johnson, Heisman Smith would be a spark plug and ignite this last place offense. There is only one problem to drafting Heisman Smith, The Bengals will score more points and win more games, and the negative fans will have to get use to WINNING. The Tough SEC Star did not win The Heisman for nothing, neither did Burrow. You put these 2 SEC Heismans on the same field, and WE START WINNING GAMES.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 10:39 AM)kevin Wrote: TAKE SEWELL OFF THE BOARD

Mike Brown is NOT going to have 3 High Priced Tackles.  He just isn't
If we draft Sewell we'll have a total of 0 high paid tackles. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 10:53 AM)bfine32 Wrote: If we draft Sewell we'll have a total of 0 high paid tackles. 

You are correct, only Reiff would not be under rookie contract of projected top 3 plus he signed a friendly 1 year for up to 7.5 m... 
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 10:53 AM)bfine32 Wrote: If we draft Sewell we'll have a total of 0 high paid tackles. 

I agree we need depth behind Williams and Reiff.  But Pick 5 is not for bench depth, Not with so many holes to fill in starters on a last place team.  Williams and Reiff are The Starting Tackles.  This last place loser of a team needs pick 5 to be a Starter.  I was for Sewell, before they signed Reiff.  They will not take a Center or Guard at Pick 5.   It will be the SEC TE, The Big 10 LB or the 2 SEC WR's. 

The last place Bengals do NOT have the luxury to use Pick 5 on loading up on 3 Tackles when only 2 can start. Yes we need bench depth, but we need a Starter at Pick 5.  Williams and Reiff are the starting tackles.  I could see the TE or LB and they could Start.  There are 2 great SEC WR's here and either could Start with Green and Ross gone.  Boyd and Higgins by themselves will not be open, they will get covered and so will Mixon and Bengals offense will be too easy to Defense. But you bring in Chase or Smith, BAM, Bengals not easy to Defense. 

I was all for Sewell before they got Reiff to bookend with Williams.  Pick 5 needs to be a Starter.  Again, the TE, the LB or one of the 2 WR's.  I've already said that I want The Heisman SEC WR teamed up with SEC Heisman QB. 

I agree we need help at Guard and Center and Bench Depth across O Line, but on Pick 5, signing Reiff to bookend Williams, the TE, LB or WR's could come in here and Start for last place Bengals.  Pick 5 should be a Starter.  Pick 5 is NOT for Bench Depth. 

I was all for Sewell before they added Reiff to Williams. This last place team has other needs to fill now at Pick 5. I'm afraid if we do NOT get a top WR, the Bengals offense will be way too easy to Defense with Green and Ross gone. I'm tired of us not scoring any points, and therefore not winning any games. We are too easy to Defense, and why Mixon and others get over Defensed, Bengals Lack Weapons On Offense. It is not the X's and O's, it is the lack of talent, Bengals lack talent and need more Play Makers. The SEC Heisman WR is a Play Maker.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 11:57 AM)kevin Wrote: I agree we need depth behind Williams and Reiff.  But Pick 5 is not for bench depth, Not with so many holes to fill in starters on a last place team.  Williams and Reiff are The Starting Tackles.  This last place loser of a team needs pick 5 to be a Starter.  I was for Sewell, before they signed Reiff.  They will not take a Center or Guard at Pick 5.   It will be the SEC TE, The Big 10 LB or the 2 SEC WR's. 

The last place Bengals do NOT have the luxury to use Pick 5 on loading up on 3 Tackles when only 2 can start. Yes we need bench depth, but we need a Starter at Pick 5.  Williams and Reiff are the starting tackles.  I could see the TE or LB and they could Start.  There are 2 great SEC WR's here and either could Start with Green and Ross gone.  Boyd and Higgins by themselves will not be open, they will get covered and so will Mixon and Bengals offense will be too easy to Defense. But you bring in Chase or Smith, BAM, Bengals not easy to Defense. 

I was all for Sewell before they got Reiff to bookend with Williams.  Pick 5 needs to be a Starter.  Again, the TE, the LB or one of the 2 WR's.  I've already said that I want The Heisman SEC WR teamed up with SEC Heisman QB. 

I agree we need help at Guard and Center and Bench Depth across O Line, but on Pick 5, signing Reiff to bookend Williams, the TE, LB or WR's could come in here and Start for last place Bengals.  Pick 5 should be a Starter.  Pick 5 is NOT for Bench Depth. 

I was all for Sewell before they added Reiff to Williams. This last place team has other needs to fill now at Pick 5. I'm afraid if we do NOT get a top WR, the Bengals offense will be way too easy to Defense with Green and Ross gone. I'm tired of us not scoring any points, and therefore not winning any games. We are too easy to Defense, and why Mixon and others get over Defensed, Bengals Lack Weapons On Offense. It is not the X's and O's, it is the lack of talent, Bengals lack talent and need more Play Makers. The SEC Heisman WR is a Play Maker.

This post makes no sense. Sewell wouldn’t be bench depth, nor should Riley prohibit Cincinnati from drafting Sewell. Riley is on a one year contract, and he is 32. If they draft Sewell, they likely kick Riley to G and Sewell plays RT. Sewell would start day one.

The best way to build a successful offense is build up front, then build with weapons. The Bengals have no front. Weaknesses at both G spots and C. Fix those issues and then worry about weapons, especially with a QB coming back from a torn ACL.
Reply/Quote
GOLLADAY TO GIANTS

Another reason to take one of these elite SEC WR's in Heisman Smith or Chase

It Bengals have only Mixon, Boyd and Higgins, that is too easy for Defenses, way too easy. Bengals will be lucky to win 4 games.

You add Smith or Chase to Boyd, Higgins, Mixon, now Defenses have problems, now Bengals can win games.

Adding Smith or Chase frees up Boyd, Higgins, Mixon have open lanes, and Burrow to have more weapons to use.

To those that want to have Williams, Reiff and Sewell when you can only start 2 tackles, that is a good way to stay in last place. I'm not going to keep watching this team in Last Place.

Nobody has been yelling for more Blocking than me the last 4 years. . I was for Sewell until they signed Reiff. I agree we need more help at Center and Guard and Depth across the O Line. Signing Reiff and Golladay to Giants opens up taking Smith or Chase at pick 5 to give Burrow more weapons. There is still the entire rest of the draft for other needs after we help Burrow, Mixon, Boyd, Higgins by grabbing an elite top WR to make Bengals harder to Defend. To those talking Sewell for 2022, Zac Taylor better be trying to win some Games in 2021 or he may not be here in 2022. Mixon, Boyd and Higgins is nothing, too easy to cover in NFL. A high school offense of 1 RB and 2 WRs, the NFL will throw a blanket over them and take Burrows head off. We need Smith or Chase to have more weapons to get plays open and move the ball and score in todays NFL.

Add in Chase and Smith are of the SEC, and in 2021, NFL teams should be looking SEC in the Draft more than ever. They did get playing time and reps in during 2020. Plus it is the most dominate Championships conference in college football. Going SEC at pick 5 is also a good move. Here we have The Heisman winner out of SEC who kicked Ohio States butt all night, and we also have Burrows best WR target at LSU from that Championship.

Burrow will only succeed in an LSU or Saints type offense of many good WRs. If all we have is Mixon, Boyd and Higgins, Burrow will be in the wrong system on the wrong team. The Bengals know this and why they tried to get Golladay. Now they should take Smith or Chase who in many ways may have more of a future than Golladay who Giants landed.

I could see SEC Pitts also. Smith, Chase or Pitts out of the SEC and high on the draft boards look too good to pass up. Best Available Athletes. The draft far from over, we should get great talent at Pick 5 in rounds 2 and 3 and even 4 to fill other needs, of which we have many in last place, but I do see an attempt at rebuilding in Free Agency and Draft last 2 years. Many Free Agent moves on Defense last 2 years. Team is trying to climb up, The Offense is in dire need of another elite pass catcher for Burrow to hit. Burrow needs more weapons to go to, like when we drafted SEC Collinsworth for Ken Anderson to take us to Super Bowl.

Also, I like Mixon, Boyd and Higgins. By themselves, they will be Defensed. This is why Bengals tried to get Golladay and now should look SEC top elite players in Smith, Chase or Pitts. Then you see, you get Mixon, Boyd and Higgins more open, the offense not as easy to Defend. Fans of 2005 know this. You have Chad and TJ, but then you add Henry and young Carson had weapons. Adding that 3rd elite WR is KEY. AJ Green and Ross just haven't been giving us that last couple years. Boyd, Higgins and one of these SEC Stars should.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 02:36 PM)Synric Wrote: The thing about DeVonta Smith and Jalen Waddle is it would be criminal not to give them at least 50% of his reps from the slot and Tyler Boyd takes 70 to 80% of the slot reps in Cincy.

Who would you like more between the two? I was leaning Waddle for speed and versatility. He seems like a T Hill chess piece. Can’t deny Smith is really good though.

I like Chase a lot and don’t see him being there. I have been fine with getting one of these two but you just threw me a curve. I figured either could play X and mix it up swapping Boyd outside occasionally or inside on 4/5 WR sets. I just never saw this an issue.

Is their a better target later? If Chase and Sewell are gone I want to trade back and am fine with taking WR later, seems to be a ton of talent.
Reply/Quote
DeVonta Smith is almost 20 pounds lighter than John Ross despite being two inches taller. He doesn't have the frame to succeed at the NFL level.
Reply/Quote
I just hope with around a fifth of mocks im seeing having all QB's taken top 4. So whoever we want whether it be Chase, Sewell, DSmith, Slater we can take BPA. no WR3 currently on roster almost makes this a forced pick for receiver.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 05:05 AM)kevin Wrote: GOLLADAY TO GIANTS

Another reason to take one of these elite SEC WR's in Heisman Smith or Chase

It Bengals have only Mixon, Boyd and Higgins, that is too easy for Defenses, way too easy. Bengals will be lucky to win 4 games.

You add Smith or Chase to Boyd, Higgins, Mixon, now Defenses have problems, now Bengals can win games.

Adding Smith or Chase frees up Boyd, Higgins, Mixon have open lanes, and Burrow to have more weapons to use.

To those that want to have Williams, Reiff and Sewell when you can only start 2 tackles, that is a good way to stay in last place. I'm not going to keep watching this team in Last Place.

Nobody has been yelling for more Blocking than me the last 4 years. . I was for Sewell until they signed Reiff.  I agree we need more help at Center and Guard and Depth across the O Line.  Signing Reiff and Golladay to Giants opens up taking Smith or Chase at pick 5 to give Burrow more weapons. There is still the entire rest of the draft for other needs after we help Burrow, Mixon, Boyd, Higgins by grabbing an elite top WR to make Bengals harder to Defend. To those talking Sewell for 2022, Zac Taylor better be trying to win some Games in 2021 or he may not be here in 2022. Mixon, Boyd and Higgins is nothing, too easy to cover in NFL.  A high school offense of 1 RB and 2 WRs, the NFL will throw a blanket over them and take Burrows head off.  We need Smith or Chase to have more weapons to get plays open and move the ball and score in todays NFL.

Add in Chase and Smith are of the SEC, and in 2021, NFL teams should be looking SEC in the Draft more than ever. They did get playing time and reps in during 2020. Plus it is the most dominate Championships conference in college football. Going SEC at pick 5 is also a good move.  Here we have The Heisman winner out of SEC who kicked Ohio States butt all night, and we also have Burrows best WR target at LSU from that Championship.

Burrow will only succeed in an LSU or Saints type offense of many good WRs.  If all we have is Mixon, Boyd and Higgins, Burrow will be in the wrong system on the wrong team. The Bengals know this and why they tried to get Golladay.  Now they should take Smith or Chase who in many ways may have more of a future than Golladay who Giants landed.

I could see SEC Pitts also.   Smith, Chase or Pitts out of the SEC and high on the draft boards look too good to pass up.  Best Available Athletes. The draft far from over, we should get great talent at Pick 5 in rounds 2 and 3 and even 4 to fill other needs, of which we have many in last place, but I do see an attempt at rebuilding in Free Agency and Draft last 2 years. Many Free Agent moves on Defense last 2 years. Team is trying to climb up, The Offense is in dire need of another elite pass catcher for Burrow to hit. Burrow needs more weapons to go to, like when we drafted SEC Collinsworth for Ken Anderson to take us to Super Bowl.

Also, I like Mixon, Boyd and Higgins.  By themselves, they will be Defensed.  This is why Bengals tried to get Golladay and now should look SEC top elite players in Smith, Chase or Pitts.  Then you see, you get Mixon, Boyd and Higgins more open, the offense not as easy to Defend. Fans of 2005 know this. You have Chad and TJ, but then you add Henry and young Carson had weapons. Adding that 3rd elite WR is KEY.  AJ Green and Ross just haven't been giving us that last couple years.  Boyd, Higgins and one of these SEC Stars should.

Getting Reiff actually makes me feel better about drafting Sewell, as Sewell is coming off a covid year and opted not to play and he a bit raw. He would be perfect for grooming behind a vet like Riley. And depth or he can give a shot at G his rookie season. But Miami will most likely draft him. If he falls to us, I cant see how we pass him up. He has all the tools to become a stud RT, but needs to shake the rust off and get adjusted to the NFL. Perfect to do behind a guy like Reiff. 
Reply/Quote
If we're going to draft someone that can catch a ball, Pitts is the pick.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 01:36 PM)IcoHolic Wrote: If we're going to draft someone that can catch a ball, Pitts is the pick.

I agree with this. We already have 2 stud WR's, and a stud TE would just give the offense more options. Higgins showed enough his rookie year that I think he should fill the role of AJ as the #1 guy. We just need some solid depth behind him and Boyd at WR. A stud TE would be something new though. But I'm still hoping we get Sewell. 
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 02:11 AM)kevin Wrote: No, if they shell out for Reiff to go with Williams at Tackle, they will not draft and pay top pick Sewell.  I could see a Linebacker at pick 5.   Not a Tight End.  I see Chase or DeVonta Smith, both SEC stars at WR and Smith won The Heisman and Dominates Ohio State in Championship Game. Only on Bengals site is his toughness in question, he was tough enough to Dominate in SEC and win Bilitnikoff Award and Heisman Award and Dominate Championship.  Again, I would love to have back to back Heisman winners out of SEC

If we get Reiff, they will not take and pay Sewell. It will be Reiff and Williams.  I could see a Linebacker, but I could see Chase or DeVonta Smith added to Boyd and Higgins and whoever is open, they can all GO ALL THE WAY.  I can see Ohio State Fans not liking Smith, he kicked our rear ends. He probably kicked Kentucky Wildcat rear ends also.  Smith is 6'1" and the most explosive play maker in the draft.  If needed, they can always bulk him up a little. He was tough enough to Dominate SEC and Buckeyes.

People on here talking slots on defense and offense like you know playbook.  Who says Boyd, Higgins and a DeVonta Smith would line-up in the same place each play. That would be high school football. The idea is to move them around and trick the defense and hit the open man like basketball. Take what the defense gives you, except Boyd, Higgins and a DeVonta Smith in the open could all GO ALL THE WAY.  No need to throw into double coverage as we did with Green. The strength to Burrow is he checks down and finds the open man very fast, spreads the ball around, and with defense on their heels, he goes into Hurry Up like boxer going for the knockout not giving defense time to regroup.

Sewell will be on a rookie contract, cheap. Move Jonah to the Guard spot he likes most. Done.

We have 3 really good OL for cheap.
Reply/Quote
The Smith vs Chase debate is one that I struggle with. When I watch Smith, I see a star. He is an amazing route runner, he is insanely shifty and he seems really fast. But when I look at his measurables, they scare me.

When I watch Chase, I see a really good player who knows how high point the ball, but his routes are not as impressive as Smith's and he doesn't seem as agile. Then I look at his measurables and see he's only 6'0" and wonder if his best asset, his ability to high point the ball, will translate to the NFL.

I am impressed by both and wouldn't mind taking either at 5 but, if Smith were like 15 lbs heavier, I think he would be the undisputed #1 WR prospect in this class. Neither is a "perfect" prospect like Calvin Johnson or even AJ Green. They both have their warts and you kind of wonder if they were maybe a product of their system to some extent. Given that hesitance about their prospect quality, the idea of taking one at 5 is a little intimidating. I wonder where they'd rank in the class from 2020.

My gut is telling me that I would avoid both and just draft Sewell, but I'd feel pretty silly if one or the other becomes a star in the NFL where Sewell is simply "good."

It's a tough call. I kind of want Pitts because he is truly an elite prospect at his position. He is the Calvin Johnson level prospect of TEs. Seems like a more foolproof way of spending our top 5 pick, if given the chance.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 10:17 AM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: DeVonta Smith is almost 20 pounds lighter than John Ross despite being two inches taller. He doesn't have the frame to succeed at the NFL level.

A 170 pound player isn’t a problem. Chad played 175-180, despite being listed at 192. The problem is that I don’t believe Smith was anywhere near 174. I think Smith was in the low 160s. If he can add some weight and get into 170s, he will be just fine. He has everything you want in a receiver and I truly think he is going to be a star, but he will need to add a little bit of weight.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 06:04 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The Smith vs Chase debate is one that I struggle with. When I watch Smith, I see a star. He is an amazing route runner, he is insanely shifty and he seems really fast. But when I look at his measurables, they scare me.

When I watch Chase, I see a really good player who knows how high point the ball, but his routes are not as impressive as Smith's and he doesn't seem as agile. Then I look at his measurables and see he's only 6'0" and wonder if his best asset, his ability to high point the ball, will translate to the NFL.

I am impressed by both and wouldn't mind taking either at 5 but, if Smith were like 15 lbs heavier, I think he would be the undisputed #1 WR prospect in this class. Neither is a "perfect" prospect like Calvin Johnson or even AJ Green. They both have their warts and you kind of wonder if they were maybe a product of their system to some extent. Given that hesitance about their prospect quality, the idea of taking one at 5 is a little intimidating. I wonder where they'd rank in the class from 2020.

My gut is telling me that I would avoid both and just draft Sewell, but I'd feel pretty silly if one or the other becomes a star in the NFL where Sewell is simply "good."

It's a tough call. I kind of want Pitts because he is truly an elite prospect at his position. He is the Calvin Johnson level prospect of TEs. Seems like a more foolproof way of spending our top 5 pick, if given the chance.

I agree with this evaluation for the most part. I just like some of the catches that Chase has made in traffic and on the edge.

Plus he is a tough sumbitch with his build so I am not scared of him getting broken as much as the 170 something pound Smith.

Pitts is definitely my vote after Sewell, he could be a great WR, not just a great TE...
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 10:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I agree with this evaluation for the most part. I just like some of the catches that Chase has made in traffic and on the edge.

Plus he is a tough sumbitch with his build so I am not scared of him getting broken as much as the 170 something pound Smith.

Pitts is definitely my vote after Sewell, he could be a great WR, not just a great TE...

Yup

I wouldn't jump off a cliff if we drafted Smith but I must say I'd take Chase if I had to pick one of the two.
Reply/Quote
Kinda like Waddle over Smith tbh. Film shown me him getting wide open deep all the time but the ball really never went to him.

I bet Waddle would be the better player for the bengals and he has almost 10lbs. on Smith.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 11:14 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yup

I wouldn't jump off a cliff if we drafted Smith but I must say I'd take Chase if I had to pick one of the two.

Same.

If Sewell isn't there I am for a lot of players including Smith, I just like Pitts and Chase better is all.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 11:40 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Kinda like Waddle over Smith tbh. Film shown me him getting wide open deep all the time but the ball really never went to him.

I bet Waddle would be the better player for the bengals and he has almost 10lbs. on Smith.

Plus if Sewell isn't there and we could trade back we would have a good shot at landing Waddle and another pick.
Reply/Quote