Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase vs the national media
(09-15-2021, 04:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Thinking about and concentrating on breaking records is not good.  We have all seen examples of players who had this problem.

But EVERY player should try to be the very best, and if you are the very best you have a shot at breaking records.

It is the media creating a "take" in order to get some clicks.

I don't have an issue with the guy being honest about his individual goals, personally.  All good players have them.  How much you get paid is directly related to how well you play as an individual.  It's a non issue unless Chase makes it an issue by pouting if he isn't getting the ball.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 03:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Chase deserved to be criticized for his preseasons drops.  It wasn't just one or two drops.  It was a bunch in just a very few chances.  Some of the criticism went too far, but that is just the nature of the game.  Most of the talking heads think they have to take extreme positions in order to separate themselves from the pack.  And top 10 picks are big well-known targets.

But Jamarr and Joe also deserve to make the media eat their words.  I was pumped when he caught that TD.  I am sure the entire team felt that huge weight lift off of his back.  And no matter what Chase says, he felt it too.

Agreed. The criticism/concern was perfectly warranted. That said, if Chase (falsely) believing that the criticism was unfair is the fuel he needs to have a monster season, then that's great for us. Michael Jordan (and a lot of greats) used to make up all kinds of perceived sleights to give themselves a mental edge.

I almost feel like Chase is doing the same.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 04:01 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Or, "Child Please"????

[Image: 5d41f1d4fd5b735f28b440239f7f84d2.jpg]

Yep, loved the "Child, please"
Reply/Quote
Chase is nowhere even close to the mouth of Chad Johnson in the grand scheme of things, but that said I'd be thrilled if he breaks every one of Chads records.. That's a buttload of catches and TDs, easily enough to help the team and win a few games wouldn't you think? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
The Interview

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Watched the interview.. didn’t see anything wrong with what he said in regards to the records.

What I did find humorous is when Kay (yum) tried to sign him off he was like “bye.”… the other dude had to step in and redo it and Chase was like, “yup, thanks.” Hahaha

Chase is going to be great and has great football intelligence. I do think he lacks some awareness in interviews and stuff cuz he just doesn’t give af about the optics of it.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 03:25 PM)Sled21 Wrote: My Gawd, the best way for him to help the team win is by breaking WR records. How is that not simple logic. And he is already breaking team records. Most yards by a rookie on opening day with 101. Checked.

Exactly, how did he not help us win that game with that long TD? Lol
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2021, 11:57 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Watched the interview.. didn’t see anything wrong with what he said in regards to the records.

What I did find humorous is when Kay (yum) tried to sign him off he was like “bye.”… the other dude had to step in and redo it and Chase was like,  “yup, thanks.” Hahaha

Chase is going to be great and has great football intelligence. I do think he lacks some awareness in interviews and stuff cuz he just doesn’t give af about the optics of it.

Felt the same watching the interview and like how at the end he was like without saying anything who cares about FF?

Dude cares about winning games, that is what he cares about. Love Chase, new he would play well once the big lights were on.
Reply/Quote