Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase young is back
The best player in college football in my lifetime is back and will have 3 prime time matchups vs psu, Michigan, big ten championship game). Should add another 10 sacks or so.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2019, 08:24 AM)Jpoore Wrote: The best player in college football in my lifetime is back and will have 3 prime time matchups vs psu, Michigan, big ten championship game). Should add another 10 sacks or so.

I don't know about that one.  He's damn good though, and hands down is definitely the best guy in the NCAA this year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2019, 01:15 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I don't know about that one.  He's damn good though, and hands down is definitely the best guy in the NCAA this year.

The only one that comes close is suhs 2009 season to me.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 02:46 PM)Jpoore Wrote: The only one that comes close is suhs 2009 season to me.

Clowney, Zeke, Reggie Bush, just to name a few...
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 08:43 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Clowney, Zeke, Reggie Bush, just to name a few...

Clowney really wasn't that good in college, his hype was created from one big hit against Michigan. I agree though, Young's career hasn't been "great" but he looks great. There is a big difference. 
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 08:43 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Clowney, Zeke, Reggie Bush, just to name a few...
Clowney had one big hit. Great. Zeke made his money on a 3 game run. Chase young is on another level. Suhs 2009 season is unanimously recognized as the most dominant college football season.
(11-19-2019, 09:43 AM)Au165 Wrote: Clowney really wasn't that good in college, his hype was created from one big hit against Michigan. I agree though, Young's career hasn't been "great" but he looks great. There is a big difference. 

Young’s career hasn’t been great? He’s got 13.5 sacks, 15.5 tackles for loss in 8 games, in addition to not playing 2nd half in 5 of those 8 games. He’s probably gonna break the osu career sack record and would have broken the single season career sack record had he not gotten suspended
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 11:13 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Clowney had one big hit. Great. Zeke made his money on a 3 game run. Chase young is on another level. Suhs 2009 season is unanimously recognized as the most dominant college football season.

Young’s career hasn’t been great? He’s got 13.5 sacks, 15.5 tackles for loss in 8 games, in addition to not playing 2nd half in 5 of those 8 games. He’s probably gonna break the osu career sack record and would have broken the single season career sack record had he not gotten suspended

Sure, but he didn't break it. He had a good career but he didn't break any record or achieve any unique milestones. Again, he could be one of the best players you have seen but he didn't have one of the best careers. I'd argue, just talking OSU, Chris Gamble had a more impressive career at Ohio State than Young did. 
Reply/Quote
I'd really like Chase Young...with a caveat.
A DE (regardless of how good he is) is less important to the overall success of a team compared to a QB or OT.
If the Bengals go with Chase Young, they better have gotten a darn good QB and/or OT through FA.

Going with gut feeling here, I really don't see Chase Young being on the Bengals' radar because they desperately need a QB and OT and will not properly address either position in FA.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 11:13 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Clowney had one big hit. Great. Zeke made his money on a 3 game run. Chase young is on another level. Suhs 2009 season is unanimously recognized as the most dominant college football season.

A career is more than one season. A lot of college players have a great year and then end up being "meh" in the NFL.

With that said, Young was great last year too.

In his third year at Ohio St, Young is currently at 27.5 sacks with 2-5 games left in the season.
By comparison, Myles Garrett (former #1 overall pick a couple years ago) had 31.0 sacks in 3 years in college. Von Miller had 33.0 sacks in 4 years in college. Ryan Kerrigan 33.5 sacks in 4 years in college. Each had 45+ TFLs in their college careers too.
If Young can get a few more sacks and TFLs by the end of this season, he'll be right there in discussion with them as great pass rushers in college history. 
If he stayed for his senior year (although no reason to IMO), he'd likely be in contention for the most sacks in college football history (45.0 by Jaylon Ferguson).

Young is a stud and should be better than any edge rusher the Bengals have. He would create a truly fearsome pass rush with Dunlap, Atkins, Lawson, and Hubbard. However, the fans might have to prepare for another down year if offense can't get going again in 2020. 

Would fans be willing to wait until potentially 2021 for the new franchise QB if they can't find one after Rd 1 in 2020?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Better than Donald or Suh? Sean Taylor was the most fun defensive prospect I have ever watched as well.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 03:20 PM)J24 Wrote: Better than Donald or Suh? Sean Taylor was the most fun defensive prospect I have ever watched as well.

From what scouts have said yes.
Reply/Quote

Do you have a link to where Suh’s 2009 season is unanimously recognized as the most dominant college football season?

Most seasons there isn’t even a unanimous heisman winner but you have found the greatest college season ever as voted on by everyone!

I call bullshit. Sounds like more of your over the top fluff.

At least I have these posts to carry me through my ever growing ambivalence towards this franchise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 12:37 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Do you have a link to where Suh’s 2009 season is unanimously recognized as the most dominant college football season?

Most seasons there isn’t even a unanimous heisman winner but you have found the greatest college season ever as voted on by everyone!

I call bullshit. Sounds like more of your over the top fluff.

At least I have these posts to carry me through my ever growing ambivalence towards this franchise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27386140/he-tackled-too-hard-ndamukong-suh-legendary-2009-season?platform=amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theringer.com/platform/amp/2017/7/24/16078290/ndamukong-suh-nebraska-cornhuskers-2009-season-highlights-a9d81f415ca

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-football/2017/7/20/16002914/ndamukong-suh-heisman-trophy-snub-2009
Reply/Quote
Chase Young is a great player, no doubt about it. However, I don't feel like he is the "once in a generation" talent that some are making him out to be. How many times to folks need to buy into the yearly media hype train, only for a player to not live up to expectations?

Personally, I think that a guy like Curtis Weaver from Boise St. will deliver similar production in the NFL.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2019, 12:05 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Chase Young is a great player, no doubt about it. However, I don't feel like he is the "once in a generation" talent that some are making him out to be. How many times to folks need to buy into the yearly media hype train, only for a player to not live up to expectations?

Personally, I think that a guy like Curtis Weaver from Boise St. will deliver similar production in the NFL.

What don’t u like about him? What dosent scream once in a generation
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2019, 08:40 AM)Jpoore Wrote: What don’t u like about him? What dosent scream once in a generation

I don’t like the fact that college doesn’t always translate to pros. There is no such thing as a generational lock coming out of the draft. And if you’re the bengals with the first overall pick, you hope you are not on this position again for a while and you take a shot on a franchise QB.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2019, 08:40 AM)Jpoore Wrote: What don’t u like about him? What dosent scream once in a generation

I like him just fine, even noted that he's a great player.  He's a superstar on my favorite CFB team, what more can I say?  I just think that the media hype has driven his draft stock and expectations up higher than the young man may be able to deliver in the NFL.  

The consideration  of taking Chase Young puts the Bengals in a spot where they will have to choose between a franchise QB or a marquise pass rusher.  When you look at a guy like Curtis Weaver, you're getting a very comparable product AND still able to take your franchise QB at the top of the draft.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
That didn't take long.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2019, 10:43 PM)Jpoore Wrote: https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27386140/he-tackled-too-hard-ndamukong-suh-legendary-2009-season?platform=amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theringer.com/platform/amp/2017/7/24/16078290/ndamukong-suh-nebraska-cornhuskers-2009-season-highlights-a9d81f415ca

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-football/2017/7/20/16002914/ndamukong-suh-heisman-trophy-snub-2009

Do you really think these links back up your assertion?

The ESPN article says one of the best seasons and best lineman at his school.  The other 2 reference the same tom Herman quote.  He finished 4th in the heisman voting.

Yes he was a dominant college football and had a great season.  It was not the most dominant collegiate season ever, let alone unanimous 
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2019, 02:48 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Do you really think these links back up your assertion?

The ESPN article says one of the best seasons and best lineman at his school.  The other 2 reference the same tom Herman quote.  He finished 4th in the heisman voting.

Yes he was a dominant college football and had a great season.  It was not the most dominant collegiate season ever, let alone unanimous 

So long as it feeds the hype machine, for whatever player someone is backing, dudes will stand on it like the Rock of Gibraltar.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote