Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase young is back
(11-30-2019, 08:31 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Michigan used combo blocks with the OG and the OT or they used the RB to chip. But, he also had plenty of one on one matchups with a OG or OT. I expect a player they “screams once in a generation” player to win one of those opportunities. Especially when Michigan was down and needed to pass to come back from behind.

Yes, a truly "once in a generation" type of player would have overcome those obstacles.  Now, everyone else can see that Burrow is the better selection with the 1st pick, as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Fromm struggled vs Texas A&M last week. Burrows is picking A&M apart. And I don’t know where anyone gets the idea Fromm is more athletic than Burrows.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2019, 09:55 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Fromm struggled vs Texas A&M last week. Burrows is picking A&M apart. And I don’t know where anyone gets the idea Fromm is more athletic than Burrows.

I don't understand where people get the whole "Burrow isn't very athletic" stuff from ?
Reply/Quote
If "once in a generation" players have to light up the stat sheet or always win one on one match-ups, there have never been generational players. Young recorded several pressures and a couple or more QB hits in the second half. And no, not everyone sees Burrow as the better choice.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2019, 09:55 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Fromm struggled vs Texas A&M last week. Burrows is picking A&M apart. And I don’t know where anyone gets the idea Fromm is more athletic than Burrows.

I don't get where an educated poster, such as yourself, would continue to misspell a man's name.  It's Joe Burrow, not Burrows..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Lol imagine trying to say he didn’t play well against Michigan. #1 it was 1.5 second drops the entire game. 2nd he didn’t have a good first half yes. But 2nd he figured out how to beat the tackle and was great. Not his fault he’s the only dlineman that can play worth a damn on the team also Michigan’s oline played they’re best game of careers.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 01:26 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Lol imagine trying to say he didn’t play well against Michigan. #1 it was 1.5 second drops the entire game. 2nd he didn’t have a good first half yes. But 2nd he figured out how to beat the tackle and was great. Not his fault he’s the only dlineman that can play worth a damn on the team also Michigan’s oline played they’re best game of careers.

No one is saying he was a bum out there. But when the top 2 are as close as him and Burrow are, and Burrow is off breaking records while Young has somewhat of a quiet game it’s going to be talked about.

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 01:26 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Lol imagine trying to say he didn’t play well against Michigan. #1 it was 1.5 second drops the entire game. 2nd he didn’t have a good first half yes. But 2nd he figured out how to beat the tackle and was great. Not his fault he’s the only dlineman that can play worth a damn on the team also Michigan’s oline played they’re best game of careers.

Second half Michigan threw the ball over 70% of the time because they were playing catch up which allows rushers to pin their ears back and rush the passer. Yes, he did face double teams, but he also had his one on one opportunities and managed two hurries. Not exactly what I would call “great” for a “once in a generation” pass rusher.
Reply/Quote
The way the Giants are playing, we may not even have Young as an option.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 04:33 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Second half Michigan threw the ball over 70% of the time because they were playing catch up which allows rushers to pin their ears back and rush the passer. Yes, he did face double teams, but he also had his one on one opportunities and managed two hurries. Not exactly what I would call “great” for a “once in a generation” pass rusher.

He got held every snap
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 02:51 AM)Jpoore Wrote: He got held every snap

And that never happens in the NFL? Watch a Steelers game sometime...

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 08:37 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And that never happens in the NFL? Watch a Steelers game sometime...

I know it does. But in the nfl him getting that much attention would allow his other dlineman to get easier paths to the qb
Reply/Quote

That’s a gross over exaggeration. As you usual.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 04:56 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: That’s a gross over exaggeration. As you usual.

Lol just go on twitter. You’ll find dozens of pictures and snaps where he got held. Everyone including scouts was tweeting about how Michigan found a way to block chase young. By holding him
Every play.
Reply/Quote

That's funny, because two other Buckeyes were able to escape being held and record a sack in that game.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 08:00 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Lol just go on twitter. You’ll find dozens of pictures and snaps where he got held. Everyone including scouts was tweeting about how Michigan found a way to block chase young. By holding him
Every play.

I watched the game. He wasn’t held every snap. Regardless of what anyone on Twitter has to say. And “everyone” wasn’t twitting about it, either. That’s just another blatant over exaggeration of an over exaggeration.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 08:54 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I watched the game. He wasn’t held every snap. Regardless of what anyone on Twitter has to say. And “everyone” wasn’t twitting about it, either. That’s just another blatant over exaggeration of an over exaggeration.
He was. That’s why there’s the meme going around? Find someone who holds you like Michigan held chase young?
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 09:07 PM)Jpoore Wrote: He was. That’s why there’s the meme going around? Find someone who holds you like Michigan held chase young?

One play doesnt represent the whole game. He got shut out face it. All pass rushers get shut out it happens. Michigan had a decent plan for him but they still had to plan for him.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 02:44 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I know it does. But in the nfl him getting that much attention would allow his other dlineman to get easier paths to the qb

Not necessarily. Geno is constantly double teamed and our DL hasn’t exactly feasted the last few years.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 11:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not necessarily. Geno is constantly double teamed and our DL hasn’t exactly feasted the last few years.

Ehh double teaming idl is different than edge.
Reply/Quote