Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chases 5th year option
Is the same amount as the a 2024 Franchise Tag for WR. Still under market value, but I’m glad that the 5th year option is calculated based on production.

5. Wide receiver Ja’Marr Chase, Bengals — $21.816 million (Multiple Pro Bowls)

The franchise tag tenders are: receiver ($21.816 million)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You pay for what you get, I guess that is a good thing, I was honestly surprised the number was that high on a rookie's 5th year option.

How high was Burrow's last year before we paid him?
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2024, 08:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You pay for what you get, I guess that is a good thing, I was honestly surprised the number was that high on a rookie's 5th year option.

How high was Burrow's last year before we paid him?

Chase without a single Pro Bowl would have been $15.6m. Jumps to $19.8m with 1 Pro Bowl, so that 1 makes an enormous difference. (Meanwhile Kyle Pitts with 1 Pro Bowl at TE is at $10.9m, such an underpaid position.)

The players certainly made sure that good players weren't getting completely shafted by the 5th year option delaying their FA. Lol

- - - - - - -

$29.5m

He was only a 1x Pro Bowler.

The QBs in this latest decision, if one of them was a 2x Pro Bowl (I don't think any are) it's $38.3m. Probably doesn't make any difference though at that position, because if you have a QB who was a 2x Pro Bowler in their first 3 years they're getting an even bigger mountain of cash in the form of an extension anyway.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2024, 10:04 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Chase without a single Pro Bowl would have been $15.6m. Jumps to $19.8m with 1 Pro Bowl, so that 1 makes an enormous difference. (Meanwhile Kyle Pitts with 1 Pro Bowl at TE is at $10.9m, such an underpaid position.)

The players certainly made sure that good players weren't getting completely shafted by the 5th year option delaying their FA. Lol

- - - - - - -

$29.5m

He was only a 1x Pro Bowler.

The QBs in this latest decision, if one of them was a 2x Pro Bowl (I don't think any are) it's $38.3m. Probably doesn't make any difference though at that position, because if you have a QB who was a 2x Pro Bowler in their first 3 years they're getting an even bigger mountain of cash in the form of an extension anyway.

Interesting, thanks TLL. Rock On
Reply/Quote