Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheap Concert Tix
I would like to get my wife 2 tickets to the Pink concert in Indy on Mar 17. Does anyone know a good way to find relatively inexpensive tickets? All the stubhub, ticketmaster, type outlets are up over $200 each for tickets really high up. I don't want to pay that much for seats of that quality. Anybody know a better way to find decent tix?
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2017, 01:19 AM)Beaker Wrote: I would like to get my wife 2 tickets to the Pink concert in Indy on Mar 17. Does anyone know a good way to find relatively inexpensive tickets? All the stubhub, ticketmaster, type outlets are up over $200 each for tickets really high up. I don't want to pay that much for seats of that quality. Anybody know a better way to find decent tix?

Man I hope you accidentally left Floyd off your post. Other than that:

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
There is no such thing as a cheap concert ticket anymore. Everyone is price gouging.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, concert tickets are no joke. Supply and demand.

I would check craigslist. Sometimes you can find a guy deal on there from people desperately trying to sell their tix.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2017, 01:19 AM)Beaker Wrote: I would like to get my wife 2 tickets to the Pink concert in Indy on Mar 17. Does anyone know a good way to find relatively inexpensive tickets? All the stubhub, ticketmaster, type outlets are up over $200 each for tickets really high up. I don't want to pay that much for seats of that quality. Anybody know a better way to find decent tix?
I'll take your wife to see Pink.......
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
I tried to grab Eagles tix and they were like 260 a seat and that was straight off of Ticketmaster. They were in the lower bowl but still. Without Frey they closer to pigeons than Eagles. No way i'd pay that...I'll buy the DVD when it's ready.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2017, 10:59 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Yeah, concert tickets are no joke. Supply and demand.

I would check craigslist. Sometimes you can find a guy deal on there from people desperately trying to sell their tix.

I've found good ticket deals on CL, but there are also scammers selling fake ones on there, too. Sometimes you can get them cheaper through the venue itself, no "handler" and "processing" fees and upcharges.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
One of the problems with tickets these days is the "brokers", i.e. companies on the secondary markets. They buy up large blocks of tickets (often every seat in multiple sections of the venue) SOLELY for resale. The arbitrary starting price they come up with then sets the floor for the auction prices, leaving you feel like you're doing well paying 5 times face value only 8 hours after the tickets originally went on sale for the event.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 12:33 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: One of the problems with tickets these days is the "brokers", i.e. companies on the secondary markets.  They buy up large blocks of tickets (often every seat in multiple sections of the venue) SOLELY for resale.  The arbitrary starting price they come up with then sets the floor for the auction prices, leaving you feel like you're doing well paying 5 times face value only 8 hours after the tickets originally went on sale for the event.

Yeah, I mentioned that if you elect to call the actual venue, you can many times get tickets much lower than the "broker price".

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
You have to play the game, more or less. I've gone to a couple of shows this year and in both cases, they sold out less than an hour after going on sale. They didn't sell out because of fans buying tickets. The brokers bought everything, tripled the price, then waited for people to panic and shell out way too much on Stub Hub.

Screw that. What I've learned is that if you wait the brokers out, the prices will drop significantly a few days before the event. It's worked for me every time. In one case, I even got tickets under face form a guy that was asking triple just a week before. The assholes don't want to get stuck with excess and take a loss.

Of course, there is risk here. If the event you're wanting to attend truly has enough demand to sell tickets at double or triple, then there's no way around it. You have to determine whether or not the demand is being generated by street-level interest or manufactured panic after the scalpers buy everything. I'd guess that it's manufactured panic more often than not.
Reply/Quote