Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chewbacca mom accused of white privilege
This isn't an example of white privilege, however, white privilege does exist. It's not anyone's fault and no one should feel guilty about it, but remember it exists.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-14-2016, 11:19 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: This isn't an example of white privilege, however, white privilege does exist. It's not anyone's fault and no one should feel guilty about it, but remember it exists.

If white privilege exists then so does unicorns and fairy princesses.  

It's just more bs made up to make people feel bad over something that had zero control.   
(06-15-2016, 01:24 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If white privilege exists then so does unicorns and fairy princesses.  

It's just more bs made up to make people feel bad over something that had zero control.   

How come the only people who say there's no such thing as white privilege are racist white people?
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(06-15-2016, 01:24 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If white privilege exists then so does unicorns and fairy princesses.  

kinda like the BS people use to make people feel bad for being born gay/transgender, or being refugees because of a war that they had no control over?
People suck
(06-15-2016, 07:58 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: How come the only people who say there's no such thing as white privilege are racist white people?

[Image: fvBE7PUNfJWGvrh7lvB55E9NDm8jclUKF_Yd4OfZ...49-h731-no]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-15-2016, 10:21 AM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: fvBE7PUNfJWGvrh7lvB55E9NDm8jclUKF_Yd4OfZ...49-h731-no]

Not gonna lie - I lol'd.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(06-13-2016, 12:16 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Agreed.

It's just not as rampant as many like to believe.

Sorry, but you and fred are wrong. There is no white privilege.

There IS, however, wealth privilege and I bet you any amount of Monopoly money that every supposed example of white privilege is actually wealth privilege.
(06-15-2016, 12:32 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Sorry, but you and fred are wrong. There is no white privilege.

There IS, however, wealth privilege and I bet you any amount of Monopoly money that every supposed example of white privilege is actually wealth privilege.

Ever been sitting in your car and locked the doors because a black guy walked past?

Ever seen anyone lock their doors because you walked past?
(06-15-2016, 12:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: Ever been sitting in your car and locked the doors because a black guy walked past?

No to the first question and yes to the second one.

So?
(06-15-2016, 12:45 PM)PhilHos Wrote: No to the first question and yes to the second one.

So?

So you are either lying or never been in a strange neighborhood.
(06-15-2016, 12:45 PM)PhilHos Wrote: No to the first question and yes to the second one.

So?

Not gonna say you are a liar, but i can't believe your answers. I've never had an issue with someone trying to confront me and i'm confident i can handle myself in any situation...but depending on where i've been, i've locked my door when i've seen a young black around and my focus was on something else and i've never seen someone lock a door or look at me too long or in a suspicious way.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(06-15-2016, 12:32 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Sorry, but you and fred are wrong. There is no white privilege.

I'd say you are right in a lot of situations.
However, I've witnessed store/restaurant owners first-hand afford whites the benefit of the doubt, while scrutinizing a black in the same situation.
Again.... it is not as rampant as some would like you to believe.
This is coming from a person (me,of course) that was raised in a racist household.
You are more than entitled to your opinion, Phil.
I'm sure our experiences differ and that's the only thing we have to form an opinion on.

I can believe this.... A heck of a lot more realistic than white priv. 
(06-15-2016, 12:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: Ever been sitting in your car and locked the doors because a black guy walked past?

No and sometimes.    I chalk that sometimes up being almost 6'6" and woman being careful of their safety.   
(06-15-2016, 03:08 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I'd say you are right in a lot of situations.
However, I've witnessed store/restaurant owners first-hand afford whites the benefit of the doubt, while scrutinizing a black in the same situation.
Again.... it is not as rampant as some would like you to believe.
This is coming from a person (me,of course) that was raised in a racist household.
You are more than entitled to your opinion, Phil.
I'm sure our experiences differ and that's the only thing we have to form an opinion on.

I don't know what it's like to grow up in a racist household.   But I do know what it's like to be a business owner.   And we do treat people differently but it's based on past expierences over their skin colour.    Depends on the business and location.  
(06-15-2016, 07:58 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: How come the only people who say there's no such thing as white privilege are racist white people?

Dang I must be racist  Hilarious   I guess generalizing entire groups of people based solely on their skin color is encouraged!  Good to know. I promise from now on to always judge people and situations based off race rather than the individual Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(06-15-2016, 06:53 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Dang I must be racist  Hilarious   I guess generalizing entire groups of people based solely on their skin color is encouraged!  Good to know. I promise from now on to always judge people and situations based off race rather than the individual Mellow

It's the American way.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
How has nobody busted my ass yet?
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(06-15-2016, 02:28 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Not gonna say you are a liar, but i can't believe your answers. I've never had an issue with someone trying to confront me and i'm confident i can handle myself in any situation...but depending on where i've been, i've locked my door when i've seen a young black around and my focus was on something else and i've never seen someone lock a door or look at me too long or in a suspicious way.

I can honestly say I cannot remember locking my doors simply because a black person walked by. Of course I'm thug life and used to roll around OTR with the windows down looking for that  bag.

I do have a real good black friend (see not racist) that mentioned when he used to travel from Fort Polk (LA) to Fort Benning (GA) he would keep his doors locked as he traveled through Mississippi and Alabama, would only do so during the day, and would stop for nothing but gas (and he would only do that in well populated locations). Did he have black privilege?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-15-2016, 07:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I can honestly say I cannot remember locking my doors simply because a black person walked by. Of course I'm thug life and used to roll around OTR with the windows down looking for that  bag.

I do have a real good black friend (see not racist) that mentioned when he used to travel from Fort Polk (LA) to Fort Benning (GA) he would keep his doors locked as he traveled through Mississippi and Alabama, would only do so during the day, and would stop for nothing but gas (and he would only do that in well populated locations). Did he have black privilege?

If a black man is afraid in MS and AL...while driving during the day...that's just more proof of white privilege.

Thanks.