Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chief WH strategist Bannon: Media Should ‘Keep Its Mouth Shut’

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-31-2017, 02:14 PM)PhilHos Wrote: You're right. No one in the White House or in Washington, for that matter, should be demanding that the media get back to reporting the news honestly and not biased reporting and reporting on lies and misinformation.

but the White House is tweeting and holding press conferences to announce patently false information. 

So you're mad at them for reporting that the administration is misleading the public?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-31-2017, 03:01 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: but the White House is tweeting and holding press conferences to announce patently false information. 

So you're mad at them for reporting that the administration is misleading the public?

I'm never mad at the media for reporting facts. The problem is that they don't always do that and it's gotten pretty bad lately.
(01-31-2017, 03:25 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm never mad at the media for reporting facts. The problem is that they don't always do that and it's gotten pretty bad lately.

So you want them to stop reporting the White House's unsubstantiated alternative facts?

(01-31-2017, 03:31 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So you want them to stop reporting the White House's unsubstantiated alternative facts?

If they aren't reporting facts, then they shouldn't be reporting it. 
(01-31-2017, 03:38 PM)PhilHos Wrote: If they aren't reporting facts, then they shouldn't be reporting it. 

But if the media is presenting it as "this is what the White House said without any evidence", they aren't reporting the alternative fact from the White House, they are reporting the fact that this alternative fact was made by the White House, and that in essence is why we have a free press, to tell us what the government does, particularly when it is wrong. 

It isn't their job to be fair and polish someone else's turd (even if that turd is named Hillary Clinton, heeeyyy ohhh).

(01-31-2017, 03:46 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: But if the media is presenting it as "this is what the White House said without any evidence", they aren't reporting the alternative fact from the White House, they are reporting the fact that this alternative fact was made by the White House, and that in essence is why we have a free press, to tell us what the government does, particularly when it is wrong. 

It isn't their job to be fair and polish someone else's turd (even if that turd is named Hillary Clinton, heeeyyy ohhh).

If the fact that is being reported is "this is what the White House said without any evidence" and it is a verifiable fact, then I have no problem with them reporting it.

If, however, what's being reported is "this is what the Whtie House said and they're wrong because [opinions or unverifiable facts]", then I do have a problem with it.

It's not the media's job to tell us what's right and wrong. Their job is to report facts.
(01-31-2017, 03:55 PM)PhilHos Wrote: If the fact that is being reported is "this is what the White House said without any evidence" and it is a verifiable fact, then I have no problem with them reporting it.

If, however, what's being reported is "this is what the Whtie House said and they're wrong because [opinions or unverifiable facts]", then I do have a problem with it.

It's not the media's job to tell us what's right and wrong. Their job is to report facts.

Fortunately for the media, it has been the former not the latter.

(01-31-2017, 04:02 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Fortunately for the media, it has been the former not the latter.

I disagree, at least in regards to politics. Fox News is the perfect example. They say that they report and we decide, but clearly they've done some deciding on their own. And even organizations that have been around longer than them (like the NY Times, for example) are doing it more and more.
(01-31-2017, 03:55 PM)PhilHos Wrote: If the fact that is being reported is "this is what the White House said without any evidence" and it is a verifiable fact, then I have no problem with them reporting it.

I agree that that is the way things should be. Unfortunately for us, that is Old School thought anymore. Since the bounds between objective, detached journalism and tabloidism were breached 28 years ago, there are merely a handful of media outlets who still report in the old way.

Because many of my friends are liberal, I am literally bombarded daily with Facebook posts from fake news sites with titles like "Trump says he is going to....(blah, blah, blah)". At this point in the game, I don't really care too much about what Trump says anymore. I want to know what he does after he does it. Then I'll make my own decisions. I don't need all of these kneejerk reactions. And the right wing fake news is just as bad. I don't give a crap about what Obama said five years ago. I care about what Trump did today. After he did it.

A nation of butthurt.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Trump has a spat with the CIA and FBI.

Trump has issues with the media.

I wonder if Trump is a little bit paranoid about Operation Mockingbird ?

My guess is yes.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk