Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chief's PS game
(08-13-2019, 04:18 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: source.gif]

Nah. It's the other side that is taking the crazy pills. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 08:57 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Absolutely on both posts!

I don't have a great handle on Tate; it indeed looks like he flops and dives around on EVERY catch lol, but he's making catches...

You can definitely see the potential, just not sure if it'll translate.

Don't you talk ill of my favorite WR!!!   Rant Rant Gaah Mad Pissed Pissed Lalala

Ninja

Big Grin

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 02:39 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Nah. It's the other side that is taking the crazy pills. 

The 'other' side? Are you referring to a different team? 

Aren't we all supposed to be supporting the same team? That's what I really don't get about this forum or really Bengal fans (maybe it's all sports fandoms, I don't know). This intention of going after Dalton. Yes. Dalton missed a throw. It should've been a touchdown. It was short. He didn't step into it. He overthought it. Yes. Yes. Yes. Next play (or perhaps the play after). He takes a great shot down field. We score on the opening drive against a great team (not really a great defensive team). 

Yet, we still find negativity. I don't get it. Probably why I don't post on these boards much anymore. I take our passionate arguments/debates as people who care, so maybe that's it? Like I always say, I'll just agree to disagree. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 02:44 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: The 'other' side? Are you referring to a different team?

Aren't we all supposed to be supporting the same team? That's what I really don't get about this forum or really Bengal fans (maybe it's all sports fandoms, I don't know). This intention of going after Dalton. Yes. Dalton missed a throw. It should've been a touchdown. It was short. He didn't step into it. He overthought it. Yes. Yes. Yes. Next play (or perhaps the play after). He takes a great shot down field. We score on the opening drive against a great team (not really a great defensive team). 

Yet, we still find negativity. I don't get it. Probably why I don't post on these boards much anymore. I take our passionate arguments/debates as people who care, so maybe that's it? Like I always say, I'll just agree to disagree. 

No. I mean when someone simply points out that he missed a wide open pass, the people that reply with numerous excuses and then talk about "haters gonna hate", "well, what about his 7 for 9 for 80 performance?! I guess that doesn't matter". 

This whole part of the thread is a fuster cluck because it's impossible to point out a negative play without someone(s) rushing in with all kinds of excuses and labels of "haters".

It shouldn't be that hard to simply skim over a point like that (missed pass) or....God forbid....even agree with it, and move on. I'm all on board for chirping at people that would point that pass out and make a big deal about how it's the reason he'll never be a good QB or it's the reason he's crap or any other claims that the actual haters would throw out there. But noooooooooo. We all have to be lumped in with the lunatics. 

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 02:57 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote:  But noooooooooo. We all have to be lumped in with the lunatics. 

Maybe you get "lumped in with the lunatics" because you have already decided that Dalton will play poorly this year and you make posts like the following that serve no purpose other than as an antagonistic attack on Dalton fans.

(08-07-2019, 02:25 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I can't wait to see what the excuses are this year. 

The only thing worse than a hater is a hater who tries to act like he isn't.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2019, 08:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Had the army not charged in guns blazing over one comment about the under throw it wouldn’t have escalated into yet another Dalton thread. This all started over my original post where on the night of the game I was annoyed with the team in general and I made a LIST of complaints where I thought we were sloppy. Then one of the biggest Dalton homers on the board keyed in on that one part of the post, stirred everything up with a snarky response,  causing an exaggeration of what was even originally said, and the rest is history...

While I agree that too much has been made about the throw, let's be honest: there was no reason to single out that one throw unless you want to shit on Dalton. Yes, the pass was underthrown, but had the defender not recovered and made a play on the ball, the pass is still completed (assuming what's-his-face doesn't drop it). So, while everyone knows the pass could have been thrown better to hit him in stride, it wasn't a "mistake" or a bad pass. It was the correct read and a pass that could've been thrown better so that only the receiver can make a play on the ball, but no reason to single it out AT ALL ... unless you want to shit on Dalton.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
LB still can't figure out zone Multiple guys drop into the same Zone and allow for TEs and RBs to be wide opened, Secondary looked good for the most part, Defensive line needs a better edge rusher after Lawson, Dunlap, and Hubbard, and Brown looks to be winning inside pass rushing Battle.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 03:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Maybe you get "lumped in with the lunatics" because you have already decided that Dalton will play poorly this year and you make posts like the following that serve no purpose other than as an antagonistic attack on Dalton fans.

The only thing worse than a hater is a hater who tries to act like he isn't.

Oh look. It's the hypocrite fred and another one of him misrepresentations. 

Never one for comprehension but always cute...in an annoyingly hypocritical way. 

Fick it. I wasn't going to explain, but that will just lead to more posts by you, so here it is. That was directed at the excuse makers, not the QB. Feel free to go ahead and explain why it's actually directed at the QB. I'm not going to waste more than this post telling you what the intent was.

So basically, once again, your misrepresentation was wrong. Not surprising. I've already spoken well of Dalton in the past couple weeks so the only one that thinks i'm a hater, right now, is you. And, as i said, you're wrong.

#zingfail

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 03:17 PM)PhilHos Wrote: there was no reason to single out that one throw unless you want to shit on Dalton.

Wrong. Any player should be allowed to have any play pointed out.

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 03:37 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Fick it. I wasn't going to explain, but that will just lead to more posts by you, so here it is. That was directed at the excuse makers, not the QB. Feel free to go ahead and explain why it's actually directed at the QB.

Because if he does not play poorly there won't be any need for "excuses".

You are already saying that Dalton will play poorly this season.  How is that NOT directed at Dalton?

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 03:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Wrong. Any player should be allowed to have any play pointed out.

Sure. But, when Dalton is the only one who's non-turnover "mistakes" are the only plays being discussed, then it's most likely because said complainer wants to shit on Dalton.

Boyd nearly fumbled the ball on like the first play. Now, had he fumbled, I'm sure people would have been somewhat critical. But, he didn't fumble, and it was only through a judicious review of the play that caused it to not be a fumble. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, I don't think I've seen a single person complain about that play. Probably because no one irrationally hates on Boyd. 

Had Dalton had a fumble that was overturned into an incomplete pass, I'm sure we'd be discussing that at the same length as his underthrown pass.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 06:26 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: What disappoints me at this point is penalties and poor tackling.  Putting the ball on the ground is discouraging.  

I am not going to turn on sweet Lou just yet even though I wanted JDR badly.  

I don't want to harp but Mack Wilson as would Orlando Brown during the prior draft (I think Jefferson doesn't have it at this point and may never will), would have really helped out this year so I hope by next draft they fix the O-Line and backers.  

Also, I really Like McRae.  Finley surprised me really.  Seems to have an analytical mind and has nice pocket presence.

I don't understand why the Bengals have difficulties covering TE but this has been a problem for the last decade.  I don't know what the answer is there.

If you keep saying it, even if you also keep saying you don't want to harp, you are harping.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 03:17 PM)PhilHos Wrote: While I agree that too much has been made about the throw, let's be honest: there was no reason to single out that one throw unless you want to shit on Dalton. Yes, the pass was underthrown, but had the defender not recovered and made a play on the ball, the pass is still completed (assuming what's-his-face doesn't drop it). So, while everyone knows the pass could have been thrown better to hit him in stride, it wasn't a "mistake" or a bad pass. It was the correct read and a pass that could've been thrown better so that only the receiver can make a play on the ball, but no reason to single it out AT ALL ... unless you want to shit on Dalton.
How about we frame it as they are commenting on over 10% of his passes? I have already said the pass means nothing to me,but I am not going to throw shade on those that might. This "only one play" is only supported by folks based on how much they like the player. 
I guarantee many dismissing this as one play may have a different outlook if that one play had been Bobby Hart missing a block and given up a sack. Hell there might be discussion on how Andy is going to get"killed".
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 03:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Wrong. Any player should be allowed to have any play pointed out.

Just kind of funny that the guy who brought it up first did not mention another individual player when talking about what a "terrible game" it was.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 03:37 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Oh look. It's the hypocrite fred and another one of him misrepresentations. 

Never one for comprehension but always cute...in an annoyingly hypocritical way. 

Fick it. I wasn't going to explain, but that will just lead to more posts by you, so here it is. That was directed at the excuse makers, not the QB. Feel free to go ahead and explain why it's actually directed at the QB. I'm not going to waste more than this post telling you what the intent was.

So basically, once again, your misrepresentation was wrong. Not surprising. I've already spoken well of Dalton in the past couple weeks so the only one that thinks i'm a hater, right now, is you. And, as i said, you're wrong.

#zingfail

Really wish the ignore function could wipe the poster in question from the universe as we know it. I still see far too many ToastPosts. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Yes, he missed a throw in a preseason game. Acknowledge and move on. Too bad the offense didn't shake it off and go down and score anyway. Oh, wait.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 05:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How about we frame it as they are commenting on over 10% of his passes? I have already said the pass means nothing to me,but I am not going to throw shade on those that might. This "only one play" is only supported by folks based on how much they like the player. 

Wait until Dalton plays a terrible game but throws one nice td pass.  The ones who are obsessing over "just one pass" now will completely change their minds then.  "Just one pass" will suddenly become meaningless.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 05:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How about we frame it as they are commenting on over 10% of his passes?

Might as well. They're already disingenuous to begin with, why not up the disingenuousness?  ThumbsUp

(08-13-2019, 05:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have already said the pass means nothing to me,but I am not going to throw shade on those that might.

No one's asking for anyone to throw shade on anyone. Either you're complaining about the throw, you're complaining about those complaining about the throw or you're not saying anything. No need to add to it by actively saying that you're not saying anything.

(08-13-2019, 05:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I guarantee many dismissing this as one play may have a different outlook if that one play had been Bobby Hart missing a block and given up a sack. Hell there might be discussion on how Andy is going to get"killed".

Big difference, though. Dalton did his job, just didn't throw a pass good enough to keep the defense from making a play on it. The pass would've been completed had the defense not recovered and made a play. Yes, the pass was underthrown and a better pass hits him in stride for a sure TD, but had the Chiefs defense just given up, that pass is still completed. 
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 04:37 PM)McC Wrote: If you keep saying it, even if you also keep saying you don't want to harp, you are harping.

The issue is not doing or doing the harping.  The issue is "want." Or another way of stating it: "I keep feeling the NEED to harp..."   I don't want to harp but feel the need to harp.  And dammit, I will keep harping on this issue until they draft another competent backer or two!   Tongue  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 03:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Because if he does not play poorly there won't be any need for "excuses".

You are already saying that Dalton will play poorly this season.  How is that NOT directed at Dalton?

You don't really think anyone in the NFL will have a perfect season this year do you? Suffice it to say, at some point Dalton will do something to draw criticism. Then we will see if/what the excuses are. Get it now?

There would be no outrageously stupid carry-on in this thread if people would simply admit that he missed the throw and move on.

Save the rhetoric for people that say stupid stuff, like 'he's not a good QB' or 'he'll never do this or that'. 

Reply/Quote