Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chief's PS game
(08-13-2019, 06:52 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: What the **** are you talking about?

Care to point that post out?

No problem

(08-11-2019, 02:46 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That throw is not the end of the world in this circumstance, but if it happens at the end of a playoff or prime time game with 13 seconds left and the Bengals down by 4...

Kind of like what happened in the 2nd Houston playoff game.  Cool

(08-11-2019, 03:02 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote:  

Everyone knows QBs miss throws. When you've missed one in a playoff game and you've never made one; if you blatantly miss--even in the preseason--it's going to be brought up.

Do you think it would have been brought up if he had hit throws like that in big moments? INb4 you say "yes, cause...haters". Maybe in passing but it wouldn't be nearly the concern. 

"But, but, but I NEVER say anything bad about Andy Dalton.  I am perfectly neutral on him.  In fact I HATE when people pick on Andy.  I say so many positive things about him all the time."

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 05:30 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: The issue is not doing or doing the harping.  The issue is "want." Or another way of stating it: "I keep feeling the NEED to harp..."   I don't want to harp but feel the need to harp.  And dammit, I will keep harping on this issue until they draft another competent backer or two!   Tongue  

LOL..great harping analogy  Hilarious
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 06:52 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: And answer the question; what nation are you a leader of?

I am not the leader of any nation.

What does this have to do with people obsessing over one throw that cost us zero points instead of looking at the entire game?
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 06:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Let us look at how it became a "big ass hairy deal". The 1st person to mention the under thrown pass in this thread did so while including about 4-5 other things he disliked in the game including starting the post with "Terrible game from start to finish". Guess how many posts it takes before someone takes issue with only one point in his post and guess why the issue was that poster took?
And this somehow offended your sensibilities and compelled you to ride in and set the record straight?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 07:20 PM)McC Wrote: And this somehow offended your sensibilities and compelled you to ride in and set the record straight?

Not sure if my sensibilities were offended or if I felt compelled. The post to which I referenced was the 12th post in this thread. I addressed it in about post 300. 

But at least we can agree I set the record straight. I apologize it took me so long. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 08:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not sure if my sensibilities were offended or if I felt compelled. The post to which I referenced was the 12th post in this thread. I addressed it in about post 300. 

But at least we can agree I set the record straight. I apologize it took me so long. 

Not sure the record was crooked, but okay.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 06:16 PM)McC Wrote: Kinda weird how people want to make a big ass hairy deal about a slightly underthrown pass that was not on third down or intercepted on a drive that still ended in a touchdown.  Go figure.   The need to complain be ridiculously strong.  The constitutional right of today's fan.

I think Dalton stated, that he wasn't expecting Malone to so wide open so fast and it caught him off guard. It is not that Dalton doesn't have the arm strength.  Nevertheless, for whatever the reason, there is a perception by fans some members of the media that Dalton has difficulties connecting to WR in outside passing attempts.  

But those perceptions are not warranted.  Just read this article below:

Dalton among the best at vertical passes
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 07:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not the leader of any nation.

What does this have to do with people obsessing over one throw that cost us zero points instead of looking at the entire game?

Leader of Andy Dalton can’t do no wrong nation?
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 03:17 PM)PhilHos Wrote: While I agree that too much has been made about the throw, let's be honest: there was no reason to single out that one throw unless you want to shit on Dalton. Yes, the pass was underthrown, but had the defender not recovered and made a play on the ball, the pass is still completed (assuming what's-his-face doesn't drop it). So, while everyone knows the pass could have been thrown better to hit him in stride, it wasn't a "mistake" or a bad pass. It was the correct read and a pass that could've been thrown better so that only the receiver can make a play on the ball, but no reason to single it out AT ALL ... unless you want to shit on Dalton.

Say a WR dropped a sure TD, but was solid the rest of the series, would it have been brought up?

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 06:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I never said anything about "moving on".  So I am not the hypocrite.

I don't play that passive aggressive BS game where I take a strong position and then try to deny it.

"Oh I am just perfectly neutral on Dalton.  I don't know why I keep having to say how neutral I am on him over and over and over and over again?"

More made up stuff.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 07:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No problem

"But, but, but I NEVER say anything bad about Andy Dalton.  I am perfectly neutral on him.  In fact I HATE when people pick on Andy.  I say so many positive things about him all the time."

Hilarious

Holey moley. You are off your meds. First you say i said he sucks. Then you can't find a post where i say he sucks. Then you make up a bunch more stuff that i haven't said. 

You are a true blue defense lawyer. Not as a profession, it's your creed. It's what you are . You lie, twist, misreprestent and distort things that are said in order to mold a situation into something else. 

Are you even aware of what a shyster you are? You are equally full of shit and yourself. 

lol. You have this amazing fantasy world all in your head and i'm the current star. It might be scary if it wasn't so intriguing and troubling all at the same time. 

Hilarious

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 07:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not the leader of any nation.

Because Tzadik Hador means Leader of a nation, or maybe better said righteous leader of a nation, e.g., Moses of the Isrealites. 

It's right under your name and it's meaning gives the impression that you are annointing yourself a leader because there's no other name associated with it. 

I just find that it goes along with the personality you portray on here, that's all. 

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 05:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just kind of funny that the guy who brought it up first did not mention another individual player when talking about what a "terrible game" it was.

I mentioned the ST turnovers, that was obviously directed solely at Phillips. Nice try though.

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 10:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Holey moley. You are off your meds. First you say i said he sucks. Then you can't find a post where i say he sucks. Then you make up a bunch more stuff that i haven't said. 

So making the false claim that he has never hit a td pass in a "big moment" is a compliment?

I am not going to go off on any personal insults against you because I don't have to.  All I have to do is post the direct quotes you make.  You can try to play the semantics game if you want, but the meaning of your words are clear.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 06:47 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: For the same reason you're not moving on?

So...what nation are you a leader of?

[Image: 300px-Da_Nation.jpg]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 06:31 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Wow. That paragraph there is really special.  Mellow

Thanks! ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 09:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Say a WR dropped a sure TD, but was solid the rest of the series, would it have been brought up?

Good question. It's kinda already been answered. Tyler Boyd fumbles the ball (which gets overturned into an incomplete pass). Not a single mention that I can see anywhere. So, my guess is if it was a dropped TD pass, probably barely a mention if it's a WR we all know makes the roster. If it's a scrub, then they'd probably get the Driskel treatment.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
There is significant tension on this thread.
Hammer  Pissed  Facepalm  

This is NOT Cleveland.Jerry

Stop
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 10:29 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Good question. It's kinda already been answered. Tyler Boyd fumbles the ball (which gets overturned into an incomplete pass). Not a single mention that I can see anywhere. So, my guess is if it was a dropped TD pass, probably barely a mention if it's a WR we all know makes the roster. If it's a scrub, then they'd probably get the Driskel treatment.

Well...YOU mentioned it.

HATER!!! :p

Reply/Quote
This thread reminds me of some of my experiences at PBS when I had season tickets. It amazed me the amount of verbal or fights occurring. Sadly, it was Bengal fans against Bengal fans more often than not.

I would hope we figure out we root for one of the most unsuccessful winning sports franchises in history. Yes, we all get frustrated and we all have opinions on plays, coaches, owners, trades, free agency and anything Bengal related.

In the end, we need to unite and stop the negative personal attacks and labeling. My dad almost told me it takes a bigger man to walk away from an argument. I have failed doing this at times, but I hope I can remember my dad's wise advice.

Season is now weeks away. Let's hope for a better 2019 season, a season that unites us and we get tired of all of the winning.  Tongue   Hilarious  Wink
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote