Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chief's PS game
(08-11-2019, 01:27 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Tate Morgan were the best WRs not named Boyd tonight.
I thought according to some Tate wasnt as good as Core?
Taylor had a great scripted opening drive.Minus Green Eifert Mixon.
Lazor would have wet the bed....thats right he did.
Brown was disruptive.
I didnt see much from the DEs.
Phllips could have made the punt return position intresting but failed.
Driskell needs to go ASAP.
the tackling was bad.
We need more physicality at LBer.
Vigil doesnt cut it
McRae made some good plays in coverage and in pursuit of the runner.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 01:25 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Yes, comparing the MLB caliber, first round pick, MVP player, throwing to the best tight end in football over our hapless defense, absolutely lost defense was absolutely a beauty. 

This vendetta you guys have out for Dalton is ridiculous. He missed a throw. Came back down the field and threw a beauty down to Auden Tate. Who? Nobody outside of us KNOWS who that is. 

It's also pre-season, so any argument is absolutely pointless. Dalton's best season in the NFL, the one where he was in the MVP race, was also one of his worst pre-seasons. 

Vendetta? I just want my team to have a better QB. Dalton is average. Period. And it’s very hard to do much in the TODAY’S NFL with an average QB. But this is just the first of many back and fourths us “haters” will have with the board’s biggest Dalton fans such as yourself this season.

Anyway, that was just one play that annoyed me, and I mentioned several others, but those didn’t trigger you because they weren’t about the Red Rifle!

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 01:32 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Vendetta? I just want my team to have a better QB. Dalton is average. Period. And it’s very hard to do much in the TODAY’S NFL with an average QB. But this is just the first of many back and fourths is “haters” will have with the board’s biggest Dalton fans such as yourself this season.

Anyway, that was just one play that annoyed me, and I mentioned several others, but those didn’t trigger you because they weren’t about the Red Rifle!
A good coach can win with Dalton. This will be a good season.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 01:33 AM)treee Wrote: A good coach can win with Dalton. This will be a good season.

Not impressed with Taylor so far. 100+ yds worth of penalties is not a good start...

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 01:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not impressed with Taylor so far. 100+ yds worth of penalties is not a good start...

First game of his career in this capacity, led his 1st team offense to success.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 01:25 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Yes, comparing the MLB caliber, first round pick, MVP player, throwing to the best tight end in football over our hapless defense, absolutely lost defense was absolutely a beauty. 

This vendetta you guys have out for Dalton is ridiculous. He missed a throw. Came back down the field and threw a beauty down to Auden Tate. Who? Nobody outside of us KNOWS who that is. 

It's also pre-season, so any argument is absolutely pointless. Dalton's best season in the NFL, the one where he was in the MVP race, was also one of his worst pre-seasons. 

Yep!

BTW had our idiot CB not managed to lose track of Kelce that throw would have been either incomplete or a pick. And it is long past time we went back to the Zimmer scheme of press man / jamming TEs and such at the line. 
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 01:32 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Vendetta? I just want my team to have a better QB. Dalton is average. Period. And it’s very hard to do much in the TODAY’S NFL with an average QB. But this is just the first of many back and fourths us “haters” will have with the board’s biggest Dalton fans such as yourself this season.

I sort of agree.  I think you can win with Andy.  Unfortunately, you have to be willing to give him a good o-line and help on the defense.  That's not exactly what happened this offseason.  Williams was a legit attempt, but his injury puts them in a bad position.  They needed to do more if they want to win with a guy like Dalton at quarterback.  
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 01:22 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nope, didn’t forget, that’s what I expect out of an 8 year veteran QB. I just wish he could drop dimes in there like the one Mahomes did to Kelce down the sideline. THAT was pretty!

(08-11-2019, 01:38 AM)Joelist Wrote: Yep!

BTW had our idiot CB not managed to lose track of Kelce that throw would have been either incomplete or a pick. And it is long past time we went back to the Zimmer scheme of press man / jamming TEs and such at the line. 

And that's exactly it.

Shawn turns his head, that's an INT and the commentators creaming their pants would've shut up then and there.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 01:43 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: And that's exactly it.

Shawn turns his head, that's an INT and the commentators creaming their pants would've shut up then and there.

Watch it again. There’s no way that ball is picked where it came down.

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 01:42 AM)samhain Wrote: I sort of agree.  I think you can win with Andy.  Unfortunately, you have to be willing to give him a good o-line and help on the defense.  That's not exactly what happened this offseason.  Williams was a legit attempt, but his injury puts them in a bad position.  They needed to do more if they want to win with a guy like Dalton at quarterback.  

I guess that's where my issue lies...last season and that game kinda showed why I don't understand the Dalton hate. The team floundered completely when he left the field. Driskel was still throwing to the same people (minus Boyd, who yes, did do a lot for Dalton in the first drive). 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote

Maybe not an automatic INT but almost certainly incomplete at worst. Williams managed to lose Kelce in coverage which should have resulted in his immediate benching. 
Reply/Quote
Btw, did Joe Mixon lose a bunch of weight? He looked a lot different in his face during his interview tonight.

Reply/Quote

That would have been pretty funny.  Well, we were going to praise and interview Mahommes for his 50 TD MVP season, but since he threw a pick in the pre-season we're just going to cancel it all.  Sorry, folks.
Reply/Quote
Mahomes is an absolute stud, and that’s a extremely well coached team in KC (other than that dirty head hit). They’ll be a powerhouse again this season.

Reply/Quote
Well it is in the books so all they can do now is try to fix the screwups for next week.

Defense has to absolutely stop the assignment errors and falling for tricks and above all tackle people properly. Offensive Line needs to step it up immediately in the run game - less than 2 YPC against KCs crud defense is embarrassing. Yes the pass blocklng was much improved but without better work on the run playaction will not be possible (it requires a credible run game). And special teams has to clean it up big time - we lost 14 points on the bonehead punt muffs.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 01:59 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Mahomes is an absolute stud, and that’s a extremely well coached team in KC (other than that dirty head hit). They’ll be a powerhouse again this season.

I certainly can't hate on the Chiefs.  Unless we really pull things together, there is a very good chance we find ourselves rooting for Mahommes and the Chiefs to stop the Steelers from getting to the SB again.

...and I didn't even mention that we have Ross on the sidelines when we could have had Mahommes for the 10000000th time!
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 02:03 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I certainly can't hate on the Chiefs.  Unless we really pull things together, there is a very good chance we find ourselves rooting for Mahommes and the Chiefs to stop the Steelers from getting to the SB again.

...and I didn't even mention that we have Ross on the sidelines when we could have had Mahommes for the 10000000th time!

I honestly have no idea what to predict for the Steelers this season. I could see them FINALLY taking a step back, but I’ve certainly thought that before...

I still think Cleveland takes the division.

Reply/Quote
The route Kelce ran, crossing with the WR, then breaking out and up, was impossible to defend the first time because the cross confused our SS.

But they ran it again, and Williams adjusted. That is encouraging.

In general on defense, our interior DL was solid. They had to go outside the tackles for yard.

On offense, the left side of our OL looked good. Price looked strong and quick. He was blocking on the second level on screens.

Dalton still needs work on deep throws. The Tate pass was well placed on the outside shoulder, but the Morgan pass....
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 01:26 AM)treee Wrote: They better find someone who can cover a TE.

seems like they NEVER will...
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 01:50 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I guess that's where my issue lies...last season and that game kinda showed why I don't understand the Dalton hate. The team floundered completely when he left the field. Driskel was still throwing to the same people (minus Boyd, who yes, did do a lot for Dalton in the first drive). 

They certainly didn't do Andy any favors in the offseason.  Sending him back out there behind a bunch of retread bums on the o-line was almost intentionally setting him up to fail.  Maybe they want him to shit the bed so Zac can draft his own QB in 2020.

He ain't Mahomes or Rodgers, or even Rivers or Wilson, but I think Andy will have plenty of suitors if this team lets him go after this year.  I'd like to see how he would fare in a non-douche-run organization that was willing to give him what he needs to succeed.
Reply/Quote