Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs 3 points in second half.
Our defense did not look good (23 first downs, 414 yards) but they made a handful of plays on third down in the second half. And that was enough.

It is impressive to hold a team like KC to just 3 points in a second half.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals defense stayed on the field for most of the first half. Even our TD drives happened fast. Joe slowed it down a bit in the 2nd half with longer sustained drives giving the defense a little rest.
Reply/Quote
Yep! Even with getting beat up front the D did just enough to frustrate the Chiefs a bit on offense. Also our offense did a decent job in the second half with the clock.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Defense deserves some credit for that.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
The reason they won. Hold them to field goals and Burrow can win any game.
Reply/Quote
You can't have comebacks without great defensive efforts!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Need to get more pressure on the QB. Coverage was pretty loose all day as well. They made a couple plays, but could have had a couple picks. No sacks. They weren't on the field much in the 2nd half. Room to improve I would say. If the situations were reversed and the Chiefs had the ball last I think the Chiefs would have easily drove down the field. I'll give the defense props for getting a couple stops in the 3rd quarter on 3rd down though. The first drive of the game they had a 3 and out as well. Otherwise they didn't look good.
Reply/Quote
Aside from Apple I’m ok with our defense. Not every defense is the Super Bowl Ravens or ‘85 Bears. Yards will be made, TDS will be scored.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
I was right, the longer our offense was on the field, the harder for Mahommes & company to get a chance to win. The D was solid for holding them to 3 pts. in the 2nd half. Our offense more consistent 7,10,7,10 thru out. Chewing the last 3 minutes of the game to win it was sweet.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 06:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Our defense did not look good (23 first downs, 414 yards) but they made a handful of plays on third down in the second half.  And that was enough.

It is impressive to hold a team like KC to just 3 points in a second half.

That was HUGE to keep us in the game.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Huge game from Lou and the Boys. While it wasn't pretty, both Apple and Hilton had interceptions in their grasps.
Reply/Quote
Mahommes gets the ball out so quickly....and when he doesn't, he can scramble with the best of them. Defense did just enough in the 2nd half.... getting some critical stops.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Defense was a first half disaster, but second half was very good.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
The refs helped as well.

They started to actually throw the flag for the shit they let go in the first half.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 09:51 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: The refs helped as well.

They started to actually throw the flag for the shit they let go in the first half.

Shout out to the defense in the 2nd half but also, like you said, there were 2 big calls that bounced the bengals way

Burrow still connected deep and made the chiefs pay though
Reply/Quote
The D didn't have a lot of shock plays today, it wasn't real pretty. But no matter how it looked holding the Chiefs to 3 second half points was impressive.
Reply/Quote
Chase 266, Mahomes 259.
Kelcie: 5 for 25, 1 TD, Zero after halftime
Hill: 6 for 40
3 points after halftime
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:14 PM)Destro Wrote: Aside from Apple I’m ok with our defense. Not every defense is the Super Bowl Ravens or ‘85 Bears. Yards will be made, TDS will be scored.

Apple has been one of the best CBs in the league for the past 9 weeks

Confused
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 09:53 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Shout out to the defense in the 2nd half but also, like you said, there were 2 big calls that bounced the bengals way

Burrow still connected deep and made the chiefs pay though

Both of those were legit. If anything the Chiefs got away with murder earlier on as there should have been at least 5 holds on their OL that were uncalled. 
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 10:28 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Apple has been one of the best CBs in the league for the past 9 weeks

Confused

Hot and cold all year. Had some “shut my mouth games” for sure, but good Apple bad Apple is Dalton like. Someone has to be my least favorite on the defense and he wins the title. Someone has to. I said before, I think he zones out at times.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote