Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs 3 points in second half.
(01-02-2022, 06:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Our defense did not look good (23 first downs, 414 yards) but they made a handful of plays on third down in the second half.  And that was enough.

It is impressive to hold a team like KC to just 3 points in a second half.

Yeah this was huge. This defense has been exactly what I hoped during training camp. They're not a shutdown defense but they play good enough to give us a chance to win. 

Also off subject but I was really taking Burrows 500 yds with a grain of salt due to the Ravens being beat up. But he put 440+ today. If this offense can continue to play like that than this defense will give us a chance.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:14 PM)Destro Wrote: Aside from Apple I’m ok with our defense. Not every defense is the Super Bowl Ravens or ‘85 Bears. Yards will be made, TDS will be scored.

I'm not an Apple fan. He really sucked during the first part of the season and I set my mind to what kind of player he is. However, even though he wasn't steller today, he's been doing a great job of late. Dude seems solid and I'm sure his mistakes will be worked on in practice or at least noted.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The D should have had two INTs for sure. Both just dropped and against an opponent of KC's caliber you usually lose.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 10:28 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Apple has been one of the best CBs in the league for the past 9 weeks

Confused

Apple has been a VERY valuable player for us this year. If we're being fair; he's having a better year than Hilton, who everyone loves. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 10:28 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Apple has been one of the best CBs in the league for the past 9 weeks

Confused

Apple has been better than Awuzie over the 2nd half of the season. Since the bye, his PFF pass coverage grade is 1st in the NFL, and he leads the league in passer rating against, and catch rate per target.

Lou’s defensive scheme seems to have sparked something in him.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I'll take the result, but the run defense was making Williams look like Jerome Bettis reborn. I'm hoping that it was just a result of Pratt being unable to play. He's been really good over the last few games.
Reply/Quote
The Offense complimented the defense in the second half.Good Offense will do that.With an Offense this hot,who needs a defense? But,yes,our defense needs to man up.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 10:41 PM)Destro Wrote: Hot and cold all year. Had some “shut my mouth games” for sure, but good Apple bad Apple is Dalton like. Someone has to be my least favorite on the defense and he wins the title. Someone has to. I said before, I think he zones out at times.

I mentioned in the game thread that he’s technically not a starter correct?So he’s a pretty darn good backup.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 11:58 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I mentioned in the game thread that he’s technically not a starter correct?So he’s a pretty darn good backup.

I guess he wasn't supposed to be the starter this year, but he’s done it in every game but one. I’m cool with keeping him in there…he’s getting shit done. People only say he isn’t because coming into this year he had been known for being a bust. That’s just not how it’s played out here.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 11:58 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I mentioned in the game thread that he’s technically not a starter correct?So he’s a pretty darn good backup.

I’m not sure, but very possible because of Waynes get bench butt bunions. Maybe there is a reason he wasn’t the planned starter. Obviously he is very talented, hence his draft position. Like I have said, I don’t know anything about the guy, but it just seems like he just off sometimes. We used to call it being “rocked to sleep,” and that’s what his play seems to be like sometimes. When on, he is on. But, like in that touchdown, it was like he was just watching and his guy was just a running partner. Any DB can be beat, but his seem more mental than talent, so I guess that is what frustrates me about him. Being fair, maybe it is something that can’t be helped.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 11:27 PM)samhain Wrote: I'll take the result, but the run defense was making Williams look like Jerome Bettis reborn. 

Run defense was one area that I had a lot of faith in, but they got ripped today.

I don't know, but I am guessing the weaknesses against the run have something to do with what our D was doing to shut down Kelce and Hill in the short/medium passing game.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:09 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Run defense was one area that I had a lot of faith in, but they got ripped today.

I don't know, but I am guessing the weaknesses against the run have something to do with what our D was doing to shut down Kelce and Hill in the short/medium passing game.

For some reason, it wasn't like that in the 2nd half. Did KC start playing not-to-lose?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote