Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chiefs Defense - This year vs. Last Year
Chiefs defense is better exponentially not just from adding the rookies, but Chris Jones has been a monster this season. Bolton & Gay have developed too.

Night & day difference from last season.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2022, 01:12 PM)kchiefs1 Wrote: Chiefs defense is better exponentially not just from adding the rookies, but Chris Jones has been a monster this season. Bolton & Gay have developed too.

It's a different Bengals team with 4 new starters on the O-line who could not block there way out of a wet paper bag last year. But Bengals still have our entire WR's group intact. 

Where the Bengals are hurting is missing Awuzie who is out for the year which definitely hurts their defensive backfield, which sux for this game in particular.  Other than that they are better and more experienced everywhere on the field. Should be a fun game to watch. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2022, 01:12 PM)kchiefs1 Wrote: Chiefs defense is better exponentially not just from adding the rookies, but Chris Jones has been a monster this season. Bolton & Gay have developed too.

Yeah, Chris Jones is a beast. 

We will need to slow him down but wouldn't surprise me if he beats our rookie LG a few times and gets a couple Sacks.

We will need to help the rookie out against this guy or he could ruin our day.

(12-02-2022, 01:22 PM)Go Cards Wrote: It's a different Bengals team with 4 new starters on the O-line who could not block there way out of a wet paper bag last year. But Bengals still have our entire WR's group intact. 

Where the Bengals are hurting is missing Awuzie who is out for the year which definitely hurts their defensive backfield, which sux for this game in particular.  Other than that they are better and more experienced everywhere on the field. Should be a fun game to watch. 

Well said, we will need CTB and Dax Hill to step up and play extremely well in this one, we DO miss Awuzie.

Mahomes will attack our rookies for damn sure.
Reply/Quote
Remember this stat. Opponent passes completed % #2 Cincy 58.97% #24 KC 67.08%. KC however #9 in yards per completion and Cincy #25. That tells me that we are going to have to run the ball and throw short passes. Lots of teams forcing quick short passes with a huge focus on batting passes down. Look for KC to force the run and short passes. And us the same.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2022, 04:21 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Remember this stat. Opponent passes completed % #2 Cincy 58.97% #24 KC 67.08%. KC however #9 in yards per completion and Cincy #25. That tells me that we are going to have to run the ball and throw short passes. Lots of teams forcing quick short passes with a huge focus on batting passes down. Look for KC to force the run and short passes. And us the same.

Once again, we need to tackle well. I like our chances the way our Defense has been tackling lately and with Chase back.

Chase can take a short pass to the house at any moment. Really hard to tackle, maybe the hardest to tackle in the NFL, him
and Deebo Samuel.
Reply/Quote
I haven’t researched stats or anything this just feels like a fake we won’t even hang around in if the Chiefs have too many Possessions.

Aka we have to run and run that clock a bit. Zac’s clock management will be basically our second defense
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2022, 05:55 PM)Housh Wrote: I haven’t researched stats or anything this just feels like a fake we won’t even hang around in if the Chiefs have too many Possessions.

Aka we have to run and run that clock a bit. Zac’s clock management will be basically our second defense

Depends on if we are getting pressure on Mahomes and forcing turnovers, but yeah, if he is on his game and is throwing
TD's all over the place we will have to win the TOP. But who knows if Burrow is throwing TD's all over the place?

Will be really interested in our game plan but yes, I think we need to run the ball a lot in this one with Perine and Trayveon.

The way our OL has been blocking lately I think we should be successful at it as well and keep Mahomes off the field.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2022, 05:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Depends on if we are getting pressure on Mahomes and forcing turnovers, but yeah, if he is on his game and is throwing
TD's all over the place we will have to win the TOP. But who knows if Burrow is throwing TD's all over the place?

Will be really interested in our game plan but yes, I think we need to run the ball a lot in this one with Perine and Trayveon.

The way our OL has been blocking lately I think we should be successful at it as well and keep Mahomes off the field.

I think coming into a game against Mahommes Chiefs saying you ar d going to score with them is stupid at first listen but i think it’s actually the gameplan that makes more sense from us.

Despite our last 2 games, we aren’t a running team. I am more against trying to change our identity out of fear than i am of saying screw it and trying to go toe to toe with their offense. Especially seeing that the line has been great lately.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Believe the boys will be more focused on this game than any before, yet so will KC wanting revenge.

Still think the Bengals surprise the world in this game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote