Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs Would Be A Nice Win For Bengals
It would WIN the AFC North for Bengals, regardless of at Cleveland game.

It would show the Players and Fans that they can play with The Big Boys. That if the Bengals can beat The Chiefs, they are good enough to go Super Bowl.

No matter how you look at it, a Win against The Chiefs who have dominated the AFC for 3 years as a Dynasty Team, would be a Great Win.

This is why I'm not into who is going Pro Bowl or Rookie of Year or Stats. Paul Brown said Stats Are For Losers. So I'm more interested to see if The Bengals as a TEAM make the next move UP on being able to play and beat Play-Off Teams such as Chiefs. Go where no Bengals team has gone since 1981, 1988 or 1990, Win In The Play-Offs.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
If we can get this win out of the way right now, we should. I don't want it to come down to the last game of the season where it is a must win scenario.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Quite possible the most obvious take ever?

That aside there is only a bye week for the #1 seed.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 02:01 PM)Interceptor Wrote: If we can get this win out of the way right now, we should. I don't want it to come down to the last game of the season where it is a must win scenario.

Especially with the way Mayfield plays against us. His eyes light up when he sees us. Let’s just win this week and clinch a playoff spot.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 01:54 PM)kevin Wrote: It would WIN the AFC North for Bengals, regardless of at Cleveland game.

It could move Bengals into a Bye Week position as one of the 2 top teams in the AFC

It would show the Players and Fans that they can play with The Big Boys. That if the Bengals can beat The Chiefs, they are good enough to go Super Bowl.

No matter how you look at it, a Win against The Chiefs who have dominated the AFC for 3 years as a Dynasty Team, would be a Great Win.

This is why I'm not into who is going Pro Bowl or Rookie of Year or Stats. Paul Brown said Stats Are For Losers. So I'm more interested to see if The Bengals as a TEAM make the next move UP on being able to play and beat Play-Off Teams such as Chiefs. Go where no Bengals team has gone since 1981, 1988 or 1990, Win In The Play-Offs.

In my opinion,this is without question,the biggest game of the year for this team thus far.If they win,and make the playoffs,do you think that would put the rest of the AFC North on notice? Or the league for that matter.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 02:17 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: In my opinion,this is without question,the biggest game of the year for this team thus far.If they win,and make the playoffs,do you think that would put the rest of the AFC North on notice? Or the league for that matter.

I think it would definitely turn some heads.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 02:17 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: In my opinion,this is without question,the biggest game of the year for this team thus far.

I agree that if we win it will be the biggest "win" of the season for this team.  But we can't call it the biggest "game" because even if we lose we can still win the division or make the playoffs with a win against the Browns.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 02:17 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: In my opinion,this is without question,the biggest game of the year for this team thus far.If they win,and make the playoffs,do you think that would put the rest of the AFC North on notice? Or the league for that matter.

Honestly, I don't think it would, because teams will still have it in their minds that the Bengals will flounder in the playoffs, so who cares.
Get that first playoff win in 30 years and I think the league will care more.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It would be more than nice... It would be a huge statement and confidence boost heading into the playoffs.

The Bengals showed against the Packers they can Hang with an elite team. But beating beating the Chief while they're on an 8 game winning streak and securing the AFC North at the same time would be huge. It would put the league on notice and be an immense confidence boot for the team.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 02:32 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Honestly, I don't think it would, because teams will still have it in their minds that the Bengals will flounder in the playoffs, so who cares.

NFL teams don't give a shit about what happened 10, 20 or 30 years ago.  They know it has zero effect on what this current team will do.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 02:32 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Honestly, I don't think it would, because teams will still have it in their minds that the Bengals will flounder in the playoffs, so who cares.

Agreed, getting a playoff win starts to establish this current Bengals team is a contender. Teams and the league will take notice rather than viewing the organization as perpetual losers.
Reply/Quote
I am already so jacked up for this game!!! I have not genuinely been this excited or hopeful about a Bengals team in a looooooooong time. And at 47 it feels damn good to be truly excited and believing again!! We have such immense talent and Burrow is just a bad ass!

Who-Dey!!!
Reply/Quote
The Bengals have a history of upsetting the Chiefs going back decades, and a win Sunday would make the road to the playoffs so much easier. I'll be in Wilmington watching network TV and rooting for them!
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 02:37 PM)DesertBengal Wrote: It would be more than nice...  It would be a huge statement and confidence boost heading into the playoffs.

The Bengals showed against the Packers they can Hang with an elite team. But beating beating the Chief while they're on an 8 game winning streak and securing the AFC North at the same time would be huge.  It would put the league on notice and be an immense confidence boot for the team.

Right.  Those talking about this game means nothing and only winning in play-offs, I must point out that you have to make the play-offs before you can win in the play-offs.   I go on record now as saying no AFC North Team will back in as a Wild Card Team, because there are too many good teams ahead of all 4 in the Wild Card Hunt.  So it is ALL or NOTHING in the AFC North to win the AFC North. 

As for turning heads in the media, I don't care about that.  The main thing is to turn heads in the locker room.  The Bengals have went out and got the players and have had the Training Camp and Preseason.  What they need is a Win against a real powerhouse team.  The Chiefs would be that WIN.....Many of you will not remember the song that started CBS NFL Football every Sunday in the 1960's and early 1970's.  The name of the song was ' CONFIDENCE ' .  Forget turning media heads, beating The Chiefs would go a long way to giving The Bengals Players CONFIDENCE that all the practices and playbook are coming together.  That they can run through a brick wall and beat any team in the NFL.  That if they can Beat The Dynasty Chiefs, they can beat Anybody.  Super Bowl is Possible.  CONFIDENCE, the old NFL pre game song. 

Again, those only looking to the play-offs, The Bengals are NOT in the play-offs yet.  That's Right, The Bengals are NOT in the play-offs yet.  If Bengals lose to Chiefs and Browns, there will be no Play-Offs for the Bengals.  9-8 will not cut it. Look for all Wild Card teams in AFC to have 10 wins, and they should. 10-7 is good, but 9-8 is not so hot.  Only ONE team will make play-offs from the AFC North, the team that WINS the AFC North. The other 3 can forget wild card this year. as of now, The Bengals, Browns, Ravens and Steelers all have a shot at winning the AFC North. The Bengals could end that by beating The Chiefs, and the Browns, Ravens and Steelers can clean out their lockers because no play-offs for them.

The AFC North will only send one team to the play-offs, Let that team be the Bengals. The Bengals can end the suspense by beating The Chiefs and winning the AFC North with that win. Plus beating The Chiefs would give the Players the Confidence that they can run through a brick wall and beat any NFL Team and go Super Bowl. I don't care if media heads are turned, I want all Bengals Players heads turned UP and Proud and Positive that they have came together as a TEAM and forget talk of Super Bowls in years to come, the Confidence that they have The TEAM NOW.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Somebody give Chad a holler.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 04:39 PM)kevin Wrote: Right.  Those talking about this game means nothing and only winning in play-offs, I must point out that you have to make the play-offs before you can win in the play-offs.  

No one feels that way.

Don't be a Fred. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 04:48 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No one feels that way.

Don't be a Fred. 

Read back posts.  Some feel that way.  That to them this game means nothing and only winning in the play-offs will mean anything.  Now that is what a couple posted.  What they forget is you have to GET to the play-offs before you can WIN in the play-offs.  The Bengals are NOT in the play-offs yet.  Yes, the Ravens win was a good win, but Bengals are NOT in the play-offs just yet.  

How great it would be to beat The Chiefs who have dominated the AFC the last 3 seasons.  Win the AFC North before that game up in Cleveland. 

Oh, I agree with wanting wins in the Play-Offs also,  but you have to get to the Play-Offs first.  The only AFC North team going Play-Offs is the team that wins the AFC North.  The other 3 teams are not going play-offs. 

GO BENGALS

Tiger 

If you think you can, you are right.  If you think you can't, you are right. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 05:19 PM)kevin Wrote: Read back posts.  Some feel that way.  That to them this game means nothing and only winning in the play-offs will mean anything.  

No. You're 100% wrong. That's not the context any of that was said in. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
If we could only win one, I’d actually take not winning against the Chiefs and then beating the Browns before heading into they playoffs.

I would greatly prefer to win both and just keep going.

Losing both is utterly unacceptable.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Assuming we get into the playoffs we may face the Chiefs again. On the one hand, if we lose here, that might make it easier for them to beat us later on. On the other hand, if you were confident in the Bengals and a master strategist you might play a very vanilla game here (run it a lot with basic running plays) and save your best stuff for (hopefully) a re-match. Play against your tendencies in this game. I suppose that doesn't have to be totally vanilla, just unusual plays for the team.

Reply/Quote