Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs acquire Darron Lee
For penny's. I guess the Bengals think they are set at LB.

This is why it's hard to believe in this FO.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1128826933591052293
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Dissapointing but he was just suspendend 4 games for substance abuse last year's. Those guys are risky.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
A 6th rounder for a potentially good starting LB.

Not sure why the Bengals wouldn't pull that trigger...
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2019, 10:11 PM)jj22 Wrote: For penny's. I guess the Bengals think they are set at LB.

This is why it's hard to believe in this FO.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1128826933591052293

I wanted him as well. As you stated, hard to trust in our FO. To casual fans, it seemed like a no brainer we go get Lee, but maybe our coaches and not our FO did not see a fit with Lee.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2019, 11:54 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: A 6th rounder for a potentially good starting LB.

1 year rental without a new deal and bengals probly earmarking that money for Boyd and AJ Green and a few others who expire after the season
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2019, 11:54 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: A 6th rounder for a potentially good starting LB.

Agreed. Darron Lee or Deshaun Davis, Jordan Evans, or Malik Jefferson? That's an easy decision. The one thing I think could have been the ONLY justification for not getting Lee is that he would hit FA after this year, potentially costing big money. But that's totally worth a 2020 6th rounder even if you don't sign him after this season IMO.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-15-2019, 10:15 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Dissapointing but he was just suspendend 4 games for substance abuse last year's. Those guys are risky.

Good post. New coaches trying to establish a new identity for the team. Signing Lee would send the wrong message. If your a player who gets suspended for substance abuse, then you put yourself before the team. Sure he's a good guy and has probably learned his lesson, but no reason to bring that into your house. 

Reply/Quote
lol we are gonna watch teams run wild on us again this year. vigil is garbage brown is garbage pratt is a ? evans is soft as hell jefferson is in no mans land its just cringe worthy looking at our linebackers. long year ahead of us.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2019, 11:39 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: lol we are gonna watch teams run wild on us again this year.  vigil is garbage brown is garbage pratt is a ? evans is soft as hell jefferson is in no mans land its just cringe worthy looking at our linebackers.  long year ahead of us.

Brown was on IR but lead the league the year before hardly garbage.

Vigil was playing on a bad leg last year.

the others we don't know.. Players tend to improve over the years.
Reply/Quote
These are the moves that winning franchises make. Do they always turn out? Of course not. But how many 6th round picks can even have the potential to give you 1 good season? Its a low risk and high reward potential trade. Would have been smart considering we only added one player to our linebacking corp this offseason. I do hope that Pratt can earn his way to being a starter and possibly Malik Jefferson steps up his game as well but when you have a glaring weakness I think it is wise to address it multiple times and then the best guys play. We basically added one player to one of the bottom defenses in the league and we just automatically think they will improve under a first year head coach and first year defensive coordinator? I call these thoughts being a realist and not a pessimist. It is going to take more than one season to turn this defense around but we need to get started at some point.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2019, 11:39 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: lol we are gonna watch teams run wild on us again this year.  vigil is garbage brown is garbage pratt is a ? evans is soft as hell jefferson is in no mans land its just cringe worthy looking at our linebackers.  long year ahead of us.

That's optimism we're looking for. LOL

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2019, 12:24 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: These are the moves that winning franchises make. Do they always turn out? Of course not. But how many 6th round picks can even have the potential to give you 1 good season? Its a low risk and high reward potential trade. Would have been smart considering we only added one player to our linebacking corp this offseason. I do hope that Pratt can earn his way to being a starter and possibly Malik Jefferson steps up his game as well but when you have a glaring weakness I think it is wise to address it multiple times and then the best guys play. We basically added one player to one of the bottom defenses in the league and we just automatically think they will improve under a first year head coach and first year defensive coordinator? I call these thoughts being a realist and not a pessimist. It is going to take more than one season to turn this defense around but we need to get started at some point.

To be fair:
1) They added two LBs, not one.
2) People seem to be pretty excited about the 2 RBs they picked in the sixth round. Bengals seemingly got pretty good value there.
Reply/Quote
I’ve waffled back and forth on squiring lee. Is he better than Evans or Jefferson? Probably. I’m not sure how the front office views him given his suspension and locker room presence.

I did see it as a 1 year test drive. If he played well for us that gave us the opportunity to resign him or possibly get a comp pick in return that could have been the same or better than what they gave up to get him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Brandon Wilson/Fej at LB?  Seems likely.  
Reply/Quote
This is an example of "hey I have heard of that guy we should get him!". He was moved for a 6th, it would be like us trading John Ross for a 6th and a bunch of teams getting pissed off they didn't go acquire John Ross. A bad Jets team didn't just trade him because they were bursting at the seams with talent. He was still on his rookie contract and by trading him they actually ate more of a cap hit than leaving him on their roster with the acceleration of the signing bonus. It makes more sense for them to keep him as a back up rather than trade him, which makes you wonder why would the Jets want him gone so badly.

None of this screams "Game changer" to me.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2019, 08:19 AM)Au165 Wrote: This is an example of "hey I have heard of that guy we should get him!". He was moved for a 6th, it would be like us trading John Ross for a 6th and a bunch of teams getting pissed off they didn't go acquire John Ross. A bad Jets team didn't just trade him because they were bursting at the seams with talent. He was still on his rookie contract and by trading him they actually ate more of a cap hit than leaving him on their roster with the acceleration of the signing bonus. It makes more sense for them to keep him as a back up rather than trade him, which makes you wonder why would the Jets want him gone so badly.

The Jets also just fired their GM after the draft.  Mellow 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2019, 08:47 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: The Jets also just fired their GM after the draft.  Mellow 

...And within an hour the coach wanted to trade this guy for a 6th and new DC Greg Williams apparently had no issues with that. People projected Ryan Shazier onto Lee and the reality was physically he was similar but skill wise he wasn't close causing him to be far over drafted.
Reply/Quote
Greg Williams runs a 3-4. Lee was drafted in the 1st round coming from a 4-3 system.

He's back in a system that made him a 1st round pick.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2019, 09:57 AM)jj22 Wrote: Greg Williams runs a 3-4. Lee was drafted in the 1st round coming from a 4-3 system.

He's back in a system that made him a 1st round pick.

You are actually backwards. He was drafted into a 3-4 scheme (came from a 4-3 at OSU) and has played in a 3-4 his entire pro career. Greg Williams runs a 4-3, he is being forced to stay in a 3-4 for this year in NY. Which makes this even more surprising because the thought is next year they will allow him to move to a 4-3. 
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2019, 08:19 AM)Au165 Wrote: This is an example of "hey I have heard of that guy we should get him!". He was moved for a 6th, it would be like us trading John Ross for a 6th and a bunch of teams getting pissed off they didn't go acquire John Ross. A bad Jets team didn't just trade him because they were bursting at the seams with talent. He was still on his rookie contract and by trading him they actually ate more of a cap hit than leaving him on their roster with the acceleration of the signing bonus. It makes more sense for them to keep him as a back up rather than trade him, which makes you wonder why would the Jets want him gone so badly.

it was a get something now or nothing later move... they choose something now... As they weren't in the market to extend him
Reply/Quote