Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs are the underdogs vs the Bengals
(01-23-2023, 10:38 PM)samhain Wrote: Bengals need to be real careful not to believe all the hype they are getting after yesterday.  Using the underdog tag as motivation is becoming a thing of the past.  They can not go in to KC expecting the Chiefs to roll over and sulk over the Mahomes injury.  

The task is not to back in to another Super Bowl appearance.  it's to ruthlessly crush Mahomes and the Chiefs and leave no doubt as to who the better team is.  Foot on the gas, balls to the wall, play this team like Mahomes is going to have the game of his life.  No mercy and no expectation of an easy win.  

It's a different angle, but I think this team is built to win in any circumstance.

HC says it about every presser..... Cool

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
As long as we don't get too into our own hype, we should be fine. Mahomes has a slim chance to be at 100 percent imo; we need to put pressure on him as much as possible. We can do this friends!

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 11:19 PM)The American Dream Wrote: As long as we don't get too into our own hype, we should be fine. Mahomes has a slim chance to be at 100 percent imo; we need to put pressure on him as much as possible. We can do this friends!

It seems his only chance to be around 100% is what they can shoot him up with, but I have to think that comes at a cost. I mean if they can kill all the pain it seems like you’re going to have a dead foot feeling wise. If Mahomes were 100% I’m guessing the Bengals are looking at +4 or something
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 07:40 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: 24 hours ago, we were one point dogs........ I wonder what changed?

Spreads are usually pretty accurate and we're favored by a point with the home team automatically getting three points!

LOVE IT!

WHO-DEY!

Only thing that makes me a little nervous is that the Chiefs are due for a win, but on the other hand you guys seem to have their number.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 08:41 PM)Stewy Wrote: The line changes based on where the money is going.  The opening line was Chiefs -2.5, then 80% of the money came in on the Bengals because of the initial line, and it shifted.  So due ot the weight of the betting the line has move 3.5 points.  It will likely shift back and forth.
I know that's generally the rule but they still always end up pretty damn close to the final score.
(01-23-2023, 11:42 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Only thing that makes me a little nervous is that the Chiefs are due for a win, but on the other hand you guys seem to have their number.

They just won, so they're due for a loss!

If you mean they're due for a win "against us," we're they're kryptonite!

Bring it on!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 11:38 PM)michaelsean Wrote: **** If Mahomes were 100% I’m guessing the Bengals are looking at +4 or something

One of the article I read said that if Mahomes were 100%, the Chiefs would be favored by 5.5.  So, underdogs or not in the final betting line, the Bengals still have that disrespect coming their way.
Reply/Quote
Eli Apple needs to get off Twitter tonight. Acting the fool. Chiefs are no joke, and they're going to be the ones with the chip on their shoulders after losing 3 straight, hearing Burrowhead Stadium from the Bengals sidelines and being home dogs.This team should know all about the advantage of playing with that edge. No more ammunition.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 01:05 AM)Brimey Wrote: Eli Apple needs to get off Twitter tonight. Acting the fool. Chiefs are no joke, and they're going to be the ones with the chip on their shoulders after losing 3 straight, hearing Burrowhead Stadium from the Bengals sidelines and being home dogs.This team should know all about the advantage of playing with that edge. No more ammunition.

What is Apple saying now? The guy talks so much shit for being burnt toast a lot of times. Just once I wish a team would do all their work on the field and leave the smack to us fans.
Reply/Quote
A lot of early money was put on the Bengals driving the line towards them being favored. People think Mahomes won’t play well due to his injury. I have a suspicion that Friday you will see a big shift in the line the other way.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 01:13 AM)Chili power Wrote: What is Apple saying now? The guy talks so much shit for being burnt toast a lot of times. Just once I wish a team would do all their work on the field and leave the smack to us fans.

Shared a clip of he and some other DB's saying there going to 'BurrowHead Stadium". Then is tweeting at Diggs over and over mockingly about the game Sunday. Much prefer this team as the underdogs with the chip. 

I think Eli has been pretty decent, especially as he's been thrust in the role of the #1 with the Chido. But he can be a bit exhausting, and I definitely why other fanbases root for him to fail, as he's put a target on his own back. 
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 02:08 AM)Brimey Wrote: Shared a clip of he and some other DB's saying there going to 'BurrowHead Stadium". Then is tweeting at Diggs over and over mockingly about the game Sunday. Much prefer this team as the underdogs with the chip. 

I think Eli has been pretty decent, especially as he's been thrust in the role of the #1 with the Chido. But he can be a bit exhausting, and I definitely why other fanbases root for him to fail, as he's put a target on his own back. 

I'd almost wish the fanbase would tweet at him with a bunch of clips of him getting burned bad and telling him to shut it until he wins a super bowl without giving up the game winning TD.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 07:40 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: 24 hours ago, we were one point dogs........ I wonder what changed?

Spreads are usually pretty accurate and we're favored by a point with the home team automatically getting three points!

LOVE IT!

WHO-DEY!

People betting heavy on Cincy is what changed...
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 11:38 PM)michaelsean Wrote: It seems his only chance to be around 100% is what they can shoot him up with, but I have to think that comes at a cost. I mean if they can kill all the pain it seems like you’re going to have a dead foot feeling wise. If Mahomes were 100% I’m guessing the Bengals are looking at +4 or something

They'll give him IM Toradol which is an NSAID. It will decrease hormones called prostaglandins vastly reducing inflammation and pain. It will not cause a Novacaine like 'dead foot' effect. It can commonly cause a bit of drowsiness, nausea, dizziness, or upset stomach. I think Maholmes psyche will crack before his ankle does. We're in their heads. 
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 04:09 AM)GemCityBengal Wrote: They'll give him IM Toradol which is an NSAID. It will decrease hormones called prostaglandins vastly reducing inflammation and pain. It will not cause a Novacaine like 'dead foot' effect. It can commonly cause a bit of drowsiness, nausea, dizziness, or upset stomach. I think Maholmes psyche will crack before his ankle does. We're in their heads. 

Got it. Thanks.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote