Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs both gain and lose a starting CB
Chiefs starting CB Phillips Gaines has been ruled out for the season after tearing his ACL against the Broncoos last week.

Chiefs gains starting CB Sean Smith who has been serving a 3 game suspension for a DUI.

Smith was the better of the two, but the Chiefs needed both of them.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 01:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Chiefs starting CB Phillips Gaines has been ruled out for the season after tearing his ACL against the Broncos last week.

Chiefs gains starting CB Sean Smith who has been serving a 3 game suspension for a DUI.

Smith was the better of the two, but the Chiefs needed both of them.

Keeps the god awful Jamel Fleming in on nickel packages.
Reply/Quote
And, hopefully the running game comes around, and opens up our receivers even more.
[Image: forumpic2.jpg]
When I die, I will get to shake Mr. Paul Browns hand and hear him say "Damn, you never stopped believing, did you?"
Reply/Quote
Sean Smith coming back is going to be HUGE for the Chiefs. Think he's the most underrated corner in the NFL. It's going to be a constant battle between him and Green.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 01:16 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Sean Smith coming back is going to be HUGE for the Chiefs. Think he's the most underrated corner in the NFL. It's going to be a constant battle between him and Green.

Yep. He is big and physical. He doesn't get a lot of respect from the media but he does a really good job. This will be a big match up for AJ. Unfortunately, he never does well on the bigger more physical match ups. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 09:03 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Yep. He is big and physical. He doesn't get a lot of respect from the media but he does a really good job. This will be a big match up for AJ. Unfortunately, he never does well on the bigger more physical match ups. 

I'm not too worried. AJ made nine grabs and a TD against Smith last time they played. Plus they're still down a starter.

I'm more worried about getting the run game going, truth be told.
Reply/Quote