Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs game playoff implications
I am on NFL.com's playoff picture page.
The Bengals are currently 9th in the seeding.
If they win this weekend, they have a 55% chance to make the playoffs.
If they lose, just a 8% chance to make it, needing a win against the Browns (who could rest starters next week now that they have clinched playoff spot) and other teams to lose.

For all intents and purposes, this is a must-win for the Bengals.
Also need the Colts, Texans, and/or Bills to lose.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2023, 02:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I am on NFL.com's playoff picture page.
If they lose, just a 8% chance to make it, needing a win against the Browns (who could rest starters next week now that they have clinched playoff spot) and other teams to lose.

We have to win out and hope the Seahawks beat the Steelers and the Colts beat the Texans.
Don't mock kids who believe in Santa, while adults still believe in Fox News.  

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2023, 02:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I am on NFL.com's playoff picture page.

Actually, this is a must win for both teams in many ways. Chiefs have been on like a 3-game skid and are coming off of a loss at home in December, which almost never happens. Even when the Chiefs were terrible, they still won home games in December. They're trying to end a losing streak and secure a better seed. They don't like us, are healthy, and I expect we will get their very best effort.  We are barely sucking air. 

Pacheco and McKinnon are about to run all over this sieve of a defense, unfortunately. There is no question that this game is make or break for Cincy.
Reply/Quote
Cleveland clinching playoffs probably helps our odds because there might be a chance they rest some starters for the final week if the Ravens beat the Dolphins. I think they're locked into the 5th seed if the Ravens win?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2023, 03:03 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Cleveland clinching playoffs probably helps our odds because there might be a chance they rest some starters for the final week if the Ravens beat the Dolphins. I think they're locked into the 5th seed if the Ravens win?

Yes, and as I posted in another thread, we must root for the Ravens  Sick to beat the Phins and the Seahawks to beat the Steelers all this provided we beat the Chiefs. 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Certainly, a win over the Chiefs helps our playoff chances immensely but it is not an absolute must(assuming we get a win over the Browns, of course). I'm a mathematician who did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night but I can still prove it(see my thread in a few minutes). :)
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
its gonna be the Ravens Vs Niners for the Superbowl...  the colors of the superbowl title has been the same as the teams that end up being in the superbowl.. you can say its a coincidence...but its too many coincidences... check it out yourself. PURPLE & RED
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bettingsuperbowl.co...ipo=images]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2023, 03:41 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: its gonna be the Ravens Vs Niners for the Superbowl...  the colors of the superbowl title has been the same as the teams that end up being in the superbowl.. you can say its a coincidence...but its too many coincidences... check it out yourself. PURPLE & RED
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bettingsuperbowl.co...ipo=images]

Maybe the power will go out again like the last Super Bowl where these two teams played against each other
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2023, 02:51 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Actually, this is a must win for both teams in many ways. Chiefs have been on like a 3-game skid and are coming off of a loss at home in December, which almost never happens. Even when the Chiefs were terrible, they still won home games in December. They're trying to end a losing streak and secure a better seed. They don't like us, are healthy, and I expect we will get their very best effort.  We are barely sucking air. 

Pacheco and McKinnon are about to run all over this sieve of a defense, unfortunately. There is no question that this game is make or break for Cincy.

McKinnon is on IR and Pacheco still has to pass concussion protocol which is still very questionable since he's yet to practice this wek. CEH as of yesterday was also questionable and did not practice because of an illness.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2023, 05:27 PM)cinci4life Wrote: McKinnon is on IR and Pacheco still has to pass concussion protocol which is still very questionable since he's yet to practice this wek. CEH as of yesterday was also questionable and did not practice because of an illness.

You mean that the Chiefs will likely be forced to rely on the passing game, versus one of the most maligned secondaries in the league??  

I like our chances.   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2023, 05:27 PM)cinci4life Wrote: McKinnon is on IR and Pacheco still has to pass concussion protocol which is still very questionable since he's yet to practice this wek. CEH as of yesterday was also questionable and did not practice because of an illness.

Well, that's good news. Ts, I doubt it changes the outcome of the game. They could call up Knee Knocker Nelly from the mothball squad and run for a buck fifty against this defense.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2023, 05:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You mean that the Chiefs will likely be forced to rely on the passing game, versus one of the most maligned secondaries in the league??  

I like our chances.   Ninja

Saw what you did there lol
Reply/Quote