Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chiefs kingdom is raising money for Burrows hunger relief fund
[Image: IMG-7243.jpg]
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Apparently not all Chiefs fans are bad. That's a classy move.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 06:33 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Apparently not all Chiefs fans are bad. That's a classy move.

Evidently so, kudos to them

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Very nice of them to do that.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 06:33 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Apparently not all Chiefs fans are bad. That's a classy move.

It’s just that one particular board. I’ve never met a jackass Chief fan in person.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I don't know what the "reach" of Chiefs Kingdom is or if this amounts to anything more than a retweet- "FYI: here's the link to Burrow's charity" - but my standard for KC fans is so low that I feel almost compelled to give them credit for it anyway. Tongue
Reply/Quote
Here is the direct link to donate to Joe's Foundation should you be so inclined

https://joeburrow.org/donate/

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 12:34 PM)tms Wrote: I don't know what the "reach" of Chiefs Kingdom is or if this amounts to anything more than a retweet- "FYI: here's the link to Burrow's charity" - but my standard for KC fans is so low that I feel almost compelled to give them credit for it anyway. Tongue

They're just glad it happened before we played them....  Ninja
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 12:27 PM)michaelsean Wrote: It’s just that one particular board. I’ve never met a jackass Chief fan in person.

Yes, that and a couple of social media pages. I have a few Chiefs fans as friends, one actually lives in KC...born and raised ...and they're all good peeps. They have been congratulatory in defeat, and humble in victory. This is a class act right here. Hat's off to them.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 12:27 PM)michaelsean Wrote: It’s just that one particular board. I’ve never met a jackass Chief fan in person.

Grandson and I went to the AFFCG in KC, and all the fans were class. Only one made a comment about my old school toboggan and that was actually more like a lame attempt at a joke.

I’ll be rooting for them if/when they make the playoffs.

That board OTOH…
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
That board is one of the worst fan forums I've ever come across. Some truly disgusting things get typed their about players, their families, and fans.

I'm aware that forums in general tend to sometimes bring out the worst in fans. I don't really have anything bad to say about other teams fans in person. That Chief forum is truly something special though.
Reply/Quote
I think the sewer forum is Chiefs Planet. Chiefs Kingdom is different. And classy move by them.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 07:37 PM)Joelist Wrote: I think the sewer forum is Chiefs Planet. Chiefs Kingdom is different. And classy move by them.

Yes, that one. Great place to frequent if you're a bratty foul mouthed ten-year-old. 

Collectively and out in the real world, Chief fans actually seem really cool.
Reply/Quote
Martino's on Vine, a Steelers bar here in Cincinnati, is holding a fundraiser for the Joe Burrow Foundation

https://www.wlwt.com/article/pittsburgh-steelers-bar-fundraiser-joe-burrow-foundation/45939949?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot

Reply/Quote
Wow, I’m impressed.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2023, 02:16 PM)pally Wrote: Martino's on Vine, a Steelers bar here in Cincinnati, is holding a fundraiser for the Joe Burrow Foundation

https://www.wlwt.com/article/pittsburgh-steelers-bar-fundraiser-joe-burrow-foundation/45939949?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot

Good hoagies. Terrible decor.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2023, 06:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Good hoagies. Terrible decor.

I think last time it was updated Kordell Stewart was there QB.
Reply/Quote
Earlier this week the Burrow Foundation announced they brought in over $9000

Reply/Quote