Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Hard Knocks team
Hard Knocks will be visiting the Windy City featuring the Bears

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-30-2024, 07:24 PM)pally Wrote: Hard Knocks will be visiting the Windy City featuring the Bears

Good for them. However, for ratings, probably not my best choice. The team is in shambles. Bengals would have been the better choice. Burrow coming off an injury alone is more interesting than, "Da Bears."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2024, 09:10 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Good for them. However, for ratings, probably not my best choice. The team is in shambles. Bengals would have been the better choice. Burrow coming off an injury alone is more interesting than, "Da Bears."

lol...the chaos is why they want them.

Actually they were 1 of 3 teams that could be forced to be on the show  I guess no one else stepped up

Reply/Quote
(05-31-2024, 12:19 PM)pally Wrote: Actually they were 1 of 3 teams that could be forced to be on the show  I guess no one else stepped up

Really? The can be forced? How does that happen?
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2024, 12:37 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Really? The can be forced? How does that happen?

It's been like that since 2013 because teams were not volunteering. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_Knocks_(2001_TV_series)#Production

Quote:In October 2013 the NFL announced that, in the absence of a team volunteering to participate in Hard Knocks, the league could force a team to participate. Teams are exempt from being forced to participate in three circumstances: (1) they have appeared in the past ten years, (2) they have a first-year head coach, or (3) they reached the playoffs in either of the two preceding seasons

Although it looks like the circumstances that exempt a team have recently been changed:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-owners-approve-drastic-changes-to-hard-knocks-five-teams-could-be-featured-each-season/
Quote:Under the new rules, a team doesn't have to be on the show if ANY of the three rules below applies to them (via SBJ):

1. They have a first-year head coach in place. 
  2. They're participating in the in-season show during the upcoming year or the following season. 
  3. They have appeared on "Hard Knocks" in the past eight years.

Under the old rules, a team could turn down "Hard Knocks" if it had made the playoffs at any point over the past two seasons, but that rule has been tossed out. Also, any team that had appeared on "Hard Knocks" in the past 10 years was also able to avoid being on the show under the old rules, but that number has now been reduced down to eight years.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
The new rules are for future years. This year the old ones still applied

Reply/Quote
(05-31-2024, 02:12 PM)pally Wrote: The new rules are for future years.  This year the old ones still applied

Yeah I was just noting that the rules were different/updated from what was stated in the wikipedia article. I think it is a good change because it eliminates the appearing in the playoffs the previous two years exemption.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Well good, now I don't have to subscribe to HBO
Reply/Quote