Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Chiefs rushed 5 on go ahead TD
It is a beautiful thing seeing Burrow finally have a pocket to stand in and be able to survey the field. The line is playing so much better and is a big reason why we are on this hot streak. Let's hope the excellent play continues.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 01:13 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Relax, Joe isn't Lamar Jackson: he's not looking to run at EVERY opportunity.

However, the play where he faked the hand off and followed the back was genius.  I loved it.  Got a little scary at the end.  But worked out good
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 01:13 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Relax, Joe isn't Lamar Jackson: he's not looking to run at EVERY opportunity.

However, the play where he faked the hand off and followed the back was genius.  I loved it.  Got a little scary at the end.  But worked out good
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 09:51 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: It is a beautiful thing seeing Burrow finally have a pocket to stand in and be able to survey the field.  The line is playing so much better and is a big reason why we are on this hot streak. Let's hope the excellent play continues.

If he has a pocket like that against Cleveland and Myles Garrett, I will be super excited. As will he I suppose. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not going to be able to contain Miles Garrett. No one can. He's gonna have to make quick decisions and quick throws.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 08:47 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Looks beautiful. However, now I will fear every time Burrow sees these big gaps and takes off running.

Lots of truth here.  I hope he slides more like he did after taking that three person hit.  The way his leg spun around make my stomach drop.  

To be fair, I think KCs defense is why they are beatable.  If we can see those kinds of pockets against the pass rush of the Browns, they will torch them.  
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 10:24 PM)chopperbobby Wrote: However, the play where he faked the hand off and followed the back was genius.  I loved it.  Got a little scary at the end.  But worked out good

That was a broken play: Asiasi was the target on a shallow route, but he stayed into block instead of running the route, so Joe had to improvise before an Ineligible Man Downfield flag would've been thrown.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

In fact, he said that during film study he recognized some rushing lanes and they built that into the game plan for this game. I don't necessarily think it'll be in the game plan every week but it's good to know it's there if they see it.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 06:59 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Fortunately he does slide more often than not.

And he is much better at it. Joe used to be a terrible slider and it was about his only weakness and it almost got him hurt a couple times.

He has been clearly working on this aspect of his game as we all should expect with his perfectionist ways.

Yes, those pockets are a thing of beauty. Hope to see more of them against the Stains on Sunday. Hopefully Jonah is taking that first game
as an insult when Myles Garrett man handled him. We need great play from our OT's from here on out. The interior is playing fantastic 
against elite Defenders. Karras, Cappa and Volson are studs right now.
Reply/Quote