Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Child sex slave in Nashville prison for killing man who used her
(11-29-2017, 06:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: She didn't kill any of those people.  She was sexually abused and killed someone who picked her up for sex.  This is a very narrow thing where her past (sexual abuse) should be considered in her act (killing). 

You mean it should be considered in the punishment for her act. Right?

(11-29-2017, 06:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: If she snapped on the street and killed a nun that would be a completely different situation.  I still think her past should come into her sentencing.  But in THIS case I think more so given the situation she was in.
Why, though? Assuming this guy paid to have sex with her, unless he's repeatedly done so, I don't see how the fact that she was horribly abused allows her to kill him and not face the punishment due for someone who murders in cold blood.
(11-29-2017, 06:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: She got her fate.  Prison.  If you think life in prison for a 16 year old with her past is acceptable then good for you.
Yes, I put a premium on human life. Even guys who are willing to pay to have sex with 16 year olds don't deserve to die. You can have a tragic past, but that doesn't give you carte blanche to kill whomever you want and not face full punishment for it. Kill the ones abusing you? That's a different story.
I'm also in favor of punishing those that abused her, too, but she killed someone that, to my knowledge, had nothing to do with her past abuse.
(11-29-2017, 06:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'm guessing you don't think it matters.  Life in prison unless self-defense?  

Life in prison WITH the possibilty of parole is perfectly acceptable to me for someone who thinks it's okay to shoot someone in the back of the head and steal from them.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(11-30-2017, 05:06 PM)PhilHos Wrote: You mean it should be considered in the punishment for her act. Right?

Correct.

(11-30-2017, 05:06 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Why, though? Assuming this guy paid to have sex with her, unless he's repeatedly done so, I don't see how the fact that she was horribly abused allows her to kill him and not face the punishment due for someone who murders in cold blood.

It doesn't "allow" her to kill anyone. Never said it did. I said it should have been taken more into consideration when she was being sentenced.

(11-30-2017, 05:06 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Yes, I put a premium on human life. Even guys who are willing to pay to have sex with 16 year olds don't deserve to die. You can have a tragic past, but that doesn't give you carte blanche to kill whomever you want and not face full punishment for it. Kill the ones abusing you? That's a different story.

If at any time I said she had the right to kill him (or anyone) with no repercussions please show me.

(11-30-2017, 05:06 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm also in favor of punishing those that abused her, too, but she killed someone that, to my knowledge, had nothing to do with her past abuse.

And she was found guilty of that and punished. Too severely in my opinion.

(11-30-2017, 05:06 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Life in prison WITH the possibilty of parole is perfectly acceptable to me for someone who thinks it's okay to shoot someone in the back of the head and steal from them.

Good for you. I don't agree. 50 years s overkill given her situation in my opinion. Thanks.
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-30-2017, 05:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: It doesn't "allow" her to kill anyone.  Never said it did.  I said it should have been taken more into consideration when she was being sentenced.

If at any time I said she had the right to kill him (or anyone) with no repercussions please show me.

Yes, well, try re-reading what I said and this time don't stop when you see the word "and". ThumbsUp

(11-30-2017, 05:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: And she was found guilty of that and punished.  Too severely in my opinion.

Good for you.  I don't agree.  50 years s overkill given her situation in my opinion.  Thanks.

Right, because having a tragic past means you can kill whomever in cold blood and only have to spend a couple years in prison.  Whatever
(11-30-2017, 05:35 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Yes, well, try re-reading what I said and this time don't stop when you see the word "and". ThumbsUp

Mellow

(11-30-2017, 05:06 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Why, though? Assuming this guy paid to have sex with her, unless he's repeatedly done so, I don't see how the fact that she was horribly abused allows her to kill him and not face the punishment due for someone who murders in cold blood.

(11-30-2017, 05:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: It doesn't "allow" her to kill anyone.  Never said it did.  I said it should have been taken more into consideration when she was being sentenced.

So...I'll repeat:

(11-30-2017, 05:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: If at any time I said she had the right to kill him (or anyone) with no repercussions please show me.

(11-30-2017, 05:35 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Right, because having a tragic past means you can kill whomever in cold blood and only have to spend a couple years in prison.  Whatever

In this case?  I disagree with 50 years.

Thank you.
(11-30-2017, 05:42 PM)GMDino Wrote: So...I'll repeat:

:rolleye: I said "punishment due". In other words, what the expected punishment is due for someone who murders in cold blood. I never said you are advocating for no repercussions, I'm saying you're advocating for lesser repercussions than what her actions would normally receive.  I don't know why you're arguing this. This is clearly what you've been doing.

(11-30-2017, 05:42 PM)GMDino Wrote: In this case?  I disagree with 50 years.

As I've been saying, you're fine with someone murdering someone in cold blood and not getting the prison sentence they deserve because they have a tragic past. This doesn't mean you think they should get NO prison time, just that they shouldn't get the prison sentence a cold blooded murderer deserves.
(11-30-2017, 06:06 PM)PhilHos Wrote: :rolleye: I said "punishment due". In other words, what the expected punishment is due for someone who murders in cold blood. I never said you are advocating for no repercussions, I'm saying you're advocating for lesser repercussions than what her actions would normally receive.  I don't know why you're arguing this. This is clearly what you've been doing.

As I've been saying, you're fine with someone murdering someone in cold blood and not getting the prison sentence they deserve because they have a tragic past. This doesn't mean you think they should get NO prison time, just that they shouldn't get the prison sentence a cold blooded murderer deserves.

In this case.  In this situation.  I think the life sentence was too severe.  Yes.
(11-30-2017, 06:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: In this case.  In this situation.  I think the life sentence was too severe.  Yes.

Man, if I ever kill anybody, I hope you're on my jury.  :andy:
(11-30-2017, 06:20 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Man, if I ever kill anybody, I hope you're on my jury.  :andy:

And I'd take your case as a unique situation also.   Smirk
(11-30-2017, 06:24 PM)GMDino Wrote: And I'd take your case as a unique situation also.   Smirk

If I somehow made it known it was me ("Hey, I go by 'PhilHos' on the Bengals Board"), would that help or hurt my chances with you?  Smirk
(11-30-2017, 06:28 PM)PhilHos Wrote: If I somehow made it known it was me ("Hey, I go by 'PhilHos' on the Bengals Board"), would that help or hurt my chances with you?  Smirk

I'd probably recuse myself.   Smirk

But I'd want to stay and watch!  Probably wearing a Kimo Von Oelhoffen jersey.  Ninja
(11-30-2017, 06:31 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'd probably recuse myself.   Smirk

But I'd want to stay and watch!  Probably wearing a Kimo Von Oelhoffen jersey.  Ninja

If so, I'll definitely be guilty of committing murder.  Mellow
(11-30-2017, 06:34 PM)PhilHos Wrote: If so, I'll definitely be guilty of committing murder.  Mellow

But would those circumstances affect your sentencing?   Cool
(11-30-2017, 06:36 PM)GMDino Wrote: But would those circumstances affect your sentencing?   Cool

Well, yeah, I'd just have to say you were a Steelers fan wearing an Oelhoffen jersey and I probably would hav emy case thrown out of court even after pleading guilty! LOL