Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chip Kelly released from the Eagles
On to Tennessee or college?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000612168/article/chip-kelly-released-by-philadelphia-eagles
Reply/Quote
College. The NFL was an EPIC FAIL for him.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 10:22 PM)Whacked Wrote: College. The NFL was an EPIC FAIL for him.

He has no business being involved so deep in personnel.  But good coach. Everyone needs a heaping serving of humble pie now and then.
Reply/Quote
Wasn't he supposed to revolutionize the NFL. Hilarious
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Philly would be wise to go after Mike Munchak, as he is currently the OL coach for the Steelers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 10:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Philly would be wise to go after Mike Munchak,  as he is currently the OL coach for the Steelers.

He was a terrible head coaches. Haley would be a better choice from that staff.
Reply/Quote
NFL.com mentions the Browns as another possibility.   They missed out on hiring him the last time.   Let Manziel run his offense.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000612191/article/whats-next-for-the-suddenly-unemployed-chip-kelly

Wonder if USC regrets making a call on Helton now.

Maybe if Mora gets back In the NFL, Chip goes to UCLA.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 10:37 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: NFL.com mentions the Browns as another possibility.   They missed out on hiring him the last time.   Let Manziel run his offense.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000612191/article/whats-next-for-the-suddenly-unemployed-chip-kelly

Wonder if USC regrets making a call on Helton now.  

Maybe if Mora gets back In the NFL, Chip goes to UCLA.

The problem is that his system doesn't work for NFL bodies.  Running all of those plays, short time of possession, leaving the defense on the field too long.  College bodies can take that sort of abuse, as they are conditioned to do that from the time they reach the program.  At the NFL level, you don't just get players that played in that sort of system.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Oh, he goes to the Titans next week.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 10:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The problem is that his system doesn't work for NFL bodies.  Running all of those plays, short time of possession, leaving the defense on the field too long.  College bodies can take that sort of abuse, as they are conditioned to do that from the time they reach the program.  At the NFL level, you don't just get players that played in that sort of system.

If mora stays at UCLA. Someone may lose their job at the college level to get kelly. I have to believe someone else will give him a shot at the NFL level. Plus the Browns may be desperate enough, or maybe Miami . Ross wants the splash hire and Tannehill fared well enough in chips offense.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 10:48 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If mora stays at UCLA.   Someone may lose their job at the college level to get kelly.    I have to believe someone else will give him a shot at the NFL level.   Plus the Browns may be desperate enough, or maybe Miami .  Ross wants the splash hire and Tannehill fared well enough in chips offense.

I could see that school being in the SEC.  They seem a bit miffed, at the idea of losing a little National Prominence lately. 

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 11:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I could see that school being in the SEC.  They seem a bit miffed, at the idea of losing a little National Prominence lately. 

How pissed do you think South Carolina is now lol

Got muschamp and could have had kelly.

I could see texas firing strong if kelly for sure is going back to college.
Reply/Quote
He bought his own hype.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Decent coach. Terrible GM.

Apparently he wants to stay in the NFL, my money is on Tennessee
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 10:45 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Decent coach. Terrible GM.

Apparently he wants to stay in the NFL, my money is on Tennessee

Browns might be in the Running they just fired Ray farmer and just missed out on Kelly last time.

Kelly goes to Cleveland... with manziel.
Reply/Quote
Slightly related, but Chip Kelly always reminded me of Telly from Sesame Street.

[Image: latest?cb=20080712043322]
Reply/Quote
The whole DeMarco Murray things was hilarious.

The theme of this season was: How many ways can Chip Kelly misuse a star RB?

Should've kept McCoy.
Reply/Quote
Tennessee is obvious his top choice. Cleveland may end up throwing the most money at him. With the hopes he can make Manziel good
Reply/Quote
Seems like a huge control freak and I am not sure that would work in the NFL. He made mistakes in free agency but he also hit some home runs with Jenkins and barwin. His biggest mistake was letting both Jackson and Maclin go. Loosing your top two speed WR threats is hard to overcome.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Kelly has always wanted to be an NFL head coach, so he's going to do everything he can to remain one. I'm guessing Tennessee and Cleveland will give him a look. The guy did recruit Mariota to Oregon and tried to recruit Manziel.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote