Emerald
2.78%
1 2.78%
Total 36 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Choose Our New Theme
We are in need of a new theme, and have been for awhile, that is fully responsive and adaptable to multiple devices. I have looked at different options for the MyBB platform and found the two that seem to be the most recommended.

Here are the demo versions of each that you to look at and check on your different mobile devices:

The first is called OrangeFlat and you can view the full demo here or
https://wallbb.co.uk/product/orange-mybb-theme/ - click on demo.

The second is CleanPro and the full demo can be viewed here or
https://mybb-themes.club/downloads/clean-pro-mybb-responsive-theme/ - click live preview.

EDIT: A 3rd option has been added to the poll called Emerald, which you can view and test here.

Of course, both themes can be modified and customized as needed, and can be made to look similar to our current one. I know some don't like to change things up, but a new fully responsive theme has a lot of benefits and also eliminates the need for Tapatalk and a separate mobile version, which we currently have.

Please cast a vote for which one you like the best, and share any questions or comments you may have.

Thanks, BJ
Reply/Quote
CleanPro just simply for the fact that I like dark themes more than light ones.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not a fan of forums with a dark or black background, so definitely Orangeflat like it is now.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2018, 05:56 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Not a fan of forums with a dark or black background, so definitely Orangeflat like it is now.

What do you mean by dark background, because both are light themes? 

Also, both can be fully customized as far as color schemes and appearance.
Reply/Quote
I'd vote but "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" ain't on there.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I went with clean pro. I can't really explain why, other than "it just appealed to me", more so than the Orange flat.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2018, 06:54 PM)McC Wrote: I'd vote but "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" ain't on there.

Truthfully I have no idea what this is about. What is being changed, and how will it affect my participating on this message board?
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2018, 06:06 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: What do you mean by dark background, because both are light themes? 

Ah when I clicked on the second link, the fake forum was a dark background with white writing. But now when I tried it, it was a video instead. Weird.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2018, 08:17 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Ah when I clicked on the second link, the fake forum was a dark background with white writing. But now when I tried it, it was a video instead. Weird.

You can click 'live preview' under the video.
Reply/Quote
I think the CleanPro looked like it would offer more features and the layout of it seemed able to hold more while still delivering forum content.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2018, 07:30 PM)Derrick Wrote: Truthfully I have no idea what this is about. What is being changed, and how will it affect my participating on this message board?

Did you open the links, and see the different format options?  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Are the layouts different from a computer screen and a mobile device? Both look very generic from my tablet, but I prefer the clean pro
Reply/Quote
Whatever you think is best

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2018, 06:06 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: What do you mean by dark background, because both are light themes? 

The demo of the 2nd one has a default dark theme, which is nice. I wish there was a way to use a dark theme with the current boards.
Reply/Quote
Will either of these choices make it easier to post pictures? I have read your instructions on how to do it on our current board, but I still can't do it.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2018, 10:18 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: Will either of these choices make it easier to post pictures?  I have read your instructions on how to do it on our current board, but I still can't do it.

What do you do when you're trying to post an image? 

Are you clicking on the image icon and inserting the image url?
Reply/Quote
I hate change, and after carefully reviewing both, I'd say the "clean pro" would more closely resemble what we have currently...as long as you make the background white with some good ol' Bengals orange.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2018, 10:18 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: Will either of these choices make it easier to post pictures?  I have read your instructions on how to do it on our current board, but I still can't do it.

1. Right click the image you want to use.
2. Click on "copy image address"
3. Make a post.
4. Click on the little icon at the top of your post that looks like a little TV (or a photo).
5. Where it says "URL", right click and paste the link for the image.
6. Click the "insert" button.
7. Finish your post.

Done.  ThumbsUp
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2018, 10:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I hate change, and after carefully reviewing both, I'd say the "clean pro" would more closely resemble what we have currently...as long as you make the background white with some good ol' Bengals orange.

Yeah, which ever theme gets picked by the votes...will then get customized to give it a good Bengals Board look.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2018, 06:54 PM)McC Wrote: I'd vote but "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" ain't on there.

I'm with McC on this.  I love our current lay out.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote