Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Choose Violence"
Interesting theme Bates and Bell have going this year. No more arm tackling, Bates said their goal is to make every opposing player feel every tackle and know they've been hit. I love it.
Reply/Quote
Bates delivered some thumps on Sunday.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
lets call it

necessary roughness
Reply/Quote
Do you want Violence? Sign this guy ...

Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
What if they just bounce off the "hit" and score a TD, then what?
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 09:52 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Do you want Violence? Sign this guy ...

AZ Sun devil ...but who is he?
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 11:48 AM)kalibengal Wrote: AZ Sun devil ...but who is he?

Burfict's famous pic.   I've always loved it btw. 
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 09:52 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Do you want Violence? Sign this guy ...

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1268]

"I want to talk to YOU about your car's extended warranty."

Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 11:46 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: What if they just bounce off the "hit" and score a TD, then what?

Then we will have posts blaming the organization for the play, insinuating that it was precipitated by him not being signed yet.  
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 11:49 AM)PhilHos Wrote: "I want to talk to YOU about your car's extended warranty."

Mellow

Yeah sure ...

[Image: Buccaneers-news-Tom-Brady-teases-playing...mbnail.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 11:46 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: What if they just bounce off the "hit" and score a TD, then what?

This is exactly what I was goinbg to say.

I love physical violent tackles, but if they don't use proper form and just go for the big hit there will be a lot of missed/broken tackles.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 07:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is exactly what I was goinbg to say.

I love physical violent tackles, but if they don't use proper form and just go for the big hit there will be a lot of missed/broken tackles.

Sounds like something we've experienced before in the Marvin era.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 07:48 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Sounds like something we've experienced before in the Marvin era.

The "Marvin Era" was a 15 year stretch where the Bengals defense allowed the 11th fewest yards and the 8th fewest tds in the league.

Don't know why so may fans like to equate the "Marvin Era" with "bad defense".  
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 09:23 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Interesting theme Bates and Bell have going this year. No more arm tackling, Bates said their goal is to make every opposing player feel every tackle and know they've been hit. I love it.

"The Hammer"!!!!!!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I love it but now refs will be looking for it and probably call a bunch of bs penalties on our guys if the hits are anywhere borderline illegal.

Gotta make sure there's no doubt on hits.

But I DO LOVE THE ENTHUSIASM AND HOPE THAT IT WEARS OFF ON THE REST OF THE TEAM!

This is the kind of energy we need from our leaders so it rubs off on the rest of the team!
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 07:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is exactly what I was goinbg to say.

You aren't gonna see that too much. Bates hit cook so hard he flew 10 yards out of bounds and bell got him too. Bates said that's why they got the Fumble in OT cuz they were beating on him all day that's why he ended up back towards Bates and the ball got ripped out..
Reply/Quote
Awesome. Yeah smack the ***** around a bit. We’ve been getting levelled for years, time for some payback.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 09:23 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Interesting theme Bates and Bell have going this year. No more arm tackling, Bates said their goal is to make every opposing player feel every tackle and know they've been hit. I love it.

Actually, I put in the part about no more arm tackling. Bates did not mention it. What he said was their "Choose Violence" is about making the opposing player feel every hit. He didn't say they wouldn't wrap up. I said that because of some of the poor arm tackling we've seen in the past.
Reply/Quote
Just wrap up while you do this and I am happy.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 01:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just wrap up while you do this and I am happy.

I think everyone is saying the same thing.

It is possible to get more violent and still use proper technique.
Reply/Quote