Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris Baker expected to sign with Bengals
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/07/chris-baker-visited-bengals/

Baker is a 30 year old DT who played for the Redskins and most recently the Bucs. He's started 56 games with 201 tackles and 12.0 sacks.

He's 6'2" and 320 lbs. Probable Peko replacement.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Well if they do sign Baker then I guess the nose tackle Vea is off the table. Unless for some reason they do not sign Geno Atkins to a new contract.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ah, it's truly not the off-season until I have to google a FA we're interested in just to find out just who the hell he is.
Reply/Quote
If we don't sign at least 1 offensive lineman in free agency, I'm gonna ... I'm gonna ... well, I'm going to do the only thing I can do and ***** and moan about how this franchise sucks! :angry:
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 01:15 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Well if they do sign Baker then I guess the nose tackle Vea is off the table. Unless for some reason they do not sign Geno Atkins to a new contract.

Was thinking the same, except you're not putting Vea at 3T, but Maurice Hurst would be a good potential Atkins replacement (assuming his heart condition checks out). Baker would give a veteran presence in case Billings and Glasgow struggle again.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 01:19 PM)PhilHos Wrote: If we don't sign at least 1 offensive lineman in free agency, I'm gonna ... I'm gonna ... well, I'm going to do the only thing I can do and ***** and moan about how this franchise sucks! :angry:

Come on, you know the Bengals will sign at least one offensive lineman!
You'll just be mad when it's Andre Smith and Russell Bodine.
Ninja
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 01:19 PM)PhilHos Wrote: If we don't sign at least 1 offensive lineman in free agency, I'm gonna ... I'm gonna ... well, I'm going to do the only thing I can do and ***** and moan about how this franchise sucks! :angry:

What are you talking about they did sign on an offensive lineman already.... Hart.  He's just not going to make the team or be any good but at least they signed somebody.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote

Well, trying to be optimistic here, but I'd consider this a good sign if they're pouncing on a free agent before free agency even begins. Then again, this guy was cut, so it doesn't interfere with precious compensatory picks. Meaning the quick start to free agency could mean nothing. Still, I like the signing if it happens. It'd better not mean we won't be pursuing any OL help though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
For people who don't know who he is, he is a former Bucaneer who got cut this offseason. His production in Tampa wasn't good however his large contract was more of the issue. Two years ago in Washington he was a really good DT that, if he can return to that form, could be a nice pair next to Geno. While in Washington he clocked in with a PFF rating of 82.2 which would rank him as an above average starter.
Reply/Quote
See nothing wrong with move.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
If this is true I actually really like this move. His biggest issue in Tampa was his mouth got him ran out of town but he is a solid player.
Reply/Quote

well it aint started yet so bitchin does no good....

Only so many guys available to look at right now.

DT to replace pat sims.. Solid move depending on the price tag
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 01:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well, trying to be optimistic here, but I'd consider this a good sign if they're pouncing on a free agent before free agency even begins. Then again, this guy was cut, so it doesn't interfere with precious compensatory picks. Meaning the quick start to free agency could mean nothing. Still, I like the signing if it happens. It'd better not mean we won't be pursuing any OL help though.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4732430]
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 01:33 PM)Au165 Wrote: For people who don't know who he is, he is a former Bucaneer who got cut this offseason. His production in Tampa wasn't good however his large contract was more of the issue. Two years ago in Washington he was a really good DT that, if he can return to that form, could be a nice pair next to Geno. While in Washington he clocked in with a PFF rating of 82.2 which would rank him as an above average starter.

Yeah I wouldn't sleep on this signing if it happens. He's a good player. Little long in the tooth, but he's probably got a couple quality years left.

We'll likely get him at a bargain compared to what Tampa paid.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 01:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well, trying to be optimistic here, but I'd consider this a good sign if they're pouncing on a free agent before free agency even begins. Then again, this guy was cut, so it doesn't interfere with precious compensatory picks. Meaning the quick start to free agency could mean nothing. Still, I like the signing if it happens. It'd better not mean we won't be pursuing any OL help though.

who are we set to lose? Pat sims... I don't think we have to worry about comp picks for this offseason   only 1 player could get a big contract and that's unlikely...   and that's eifert.

So this could be a year that's not a factor.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 01:39 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: who are we set to lose? Pat sims... I don't think we have to worry about comp picks for this offseason   only 1 player could get a big contract and that's unlikely...   and that's eifert.

So this could be a year that's not a factor.

Maybe. Eifert has some rumors that the Raiders will be hot in pursuit. I'm sure Jeremy Hill will get signed to a decent deal for a RB.
Reply/Quote

Now now, you know that there'll be a poster or two here on the forums that will remind you the coaches and front office know better than you. They know what they're doing  Whatever

Who are we to question anything this historic and wonderful franchise does? 
Reply/Quote

Just so you can stew over it for even longer, here are the free agents the Bengals will and have signed in relation to Offensive line :

Tackle : Bobby Hart (Shitty Character guy who we can mend in to below average starter
Tackle : Byron Bell  (New OL coach knows him) 
Centre : Russell Bodine (Reigning our own special talent)

Read it and weep  Sick

Oh Predicted Starting Lineup : LT : McGlinchy LG : Boling C : Bodine RG : Hopkins RT : Bell
Reply/Quote
Alright guys, lets keep it at least semi on topic. Plenty of other threads to sound off about the o-line.

This is a positive move that has nothing to do with the o-line.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 01:40 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: yeah well you all around here have turned this board into one giant ***** fest its really sad.

You say that like there's no reason to complain about this franchise. 

Have you been paying attention? What do you want us to do, jump for joy every time this team makes questionable decisions? That's not how it works.

Don't blame us, blame this sorry @$$ franchise for giving us countless reasons to complain 
Reply/Quote