Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris Baker expected to sign with Bengals
(03-09-2018, 01:29 PM)sonofstat Wrote: at the risk of dragging this thread back on topic....

I like this signing and I don't think its quite the scraping the bottom of the barrel that some seem to think. 

He's not a Bobby Hart type of acquisition - he has performed at a high level in the league,  he is being re-united with two coaches who personally coached him and so know exactly what they are getting - as opposed to conjecture based on reported incidents.

I'm hoping for more like a Thomas Howard type of impact - player of genuine starter quality who comes in and gives us an upgrade for a year (maybe more) whilst we wait for young 'uns/draftees to emerge.

That's what people are acting like, honestly. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 02:03 PM)3wt Wrote: I really like Rashaad Evans.   12 is high for him, but I think he is a very reliable pick that doesn't have the high end measurable, but plays really good on film.   He'd be a big upgrade in the middle that would change our defense.  Really high floor and possible higher ceiling than folks think.   Reports are that he has really grown in the last 2 years.

I'm very concerned he'll be a Steeler.

Lol that is the same thought I had when I watched him play.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 01:29 PM)sonofstat Wrote: at the risk of dragging this thread back on topic....

I like this signing and I don't think its quite the scraping the bottom of the barrel that some seem to think. 

He's not a Bobby Hart type of acquisition - he has performed at a high level in the league,  he is being re-united with two coaches who personally coached him and so know exactly what they are getting - as opposed to conjecture based on reported incidents.

I'm hoping for more like a Thomas Howard type of impact - player of genuine starter quality who comes in and gives us an upgrade for a year (maybe more) whilst we wait for young 'uns/draftees to emerge.

I agree with you here.  There is plenty of reason to believe he can be a significant contributor in an area we were deficient in.   He's got  a pretty good track record to back that up - in addition to the problems he had on an inferior club.

I'm pretty optimistic about this signing.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 01:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: PFF individual rankings are a joke.

I trust NFL scouts over the people doing the rankings for PFF.
Now they are.

From 2008-2015, they weren't.

And regardless; RBs ran for 4.3 YPC behind Mathis in 2010, while he gave up 1 pressure per 50 snaps.

Livings same numbers were 3.6 YPC and 2.3 pressures per 50 snaps (can't remember if it was 2.1, 2.3 or 2.4, but it was around there).

So yeah, PFF is a joke when they record that?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 05:11 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Now they are.

And regardless; RBs ran for 4.3 YPC behind Mathis in 2010, while he gave up 1 pressure per 50 snaps.

Livings same numbers were 3.6 YPC and 2.3 pressures per 50 snaps (can't remember if it was 2.1, 2.3 or 2.4, but it was around there).

"Well, you don't know the responsibilities of each individual OL. PFF might have inaccurately flagged Livings as giving up a pressure when he was just doing what he was instructed to do."

Sorry, just preparing for the response you'll likely see Wink
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 06:01 PM)ochocincos Wrote: "Well, you don't know the responsibilities of each individual OL. PFF might have inaccurately flagged Livings as giving up a pressure when he was just doing what he was instructed to do."

LOL
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2018, 09:41 AM)fredtoast Wrote: At last, finally getting some people to admit that they are happier when we lose and miss the playoffs than when we win more and make the playoffs.

This explains a lot of the posts I see around here.

Maybe theyll lose tot the point where they have no choice to pack up and leave and that will give me justification to go root for someone else. Honestly the only thing keeping me around is because im a typical homer and root for the teams i grew up around.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 05:11 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Now they are.

Great post Truck.

According to these stats Mathis was twice as good as Livings, as we all saw when we watched the games except Freddy boy.

(03-09-2018, 06:01 PM)ochocincos Wrote: "Well, you don't know the responsibilities of each individual OL. PFF might have inaccurately flagged Livings as giving up a pressure when he was just doing what he was instructed to do."

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
For a couple more mil we could have had Suh.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/973277356961026048

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 05:09 PM)jj22 Wrote: For a couple more mil we could have had Suh.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/973277356961026048

It would be 3-4 million more, according to this guy. Tempting now, but they didn't know Suh would come available. I have a feeling Baker is going to win some people over this season, as long as they have an open mind.

Btw...do we really want Suh and Burfict on the same team? Goodell would have a field day.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 02:37 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Btw...do we really want Suh and Burfict on the same team?

I think it would be awesome.  I can see Suh stomping around and yelling to distract all the refs while Tez pulls brass knuckles out of his pants to beat a helpless QB in a headlock.

Everyone in the stadium would see it except the refs.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 12:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think it would be awesome.  I can see Suh stomping around and yelling to distract all the refs while Tez pulls brass knuckles out of his pants to beat a helpless QB in a headlock.

Everyone in the stadium would see it except the refs.

So...the Thunderdome defense.
Reply/Quote