Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris Baker expected to sign with Bengals
(03-07-2018, 01:51 PM)Bengalboy Wrote: Yep sorry. Back on topic ..... uhh another random bum signing that will make no difference what so ever, you could substitute this guy with any other shitty FA signing or random late round draft pick and get the exact same outcome  Cool

I choose to see the signing for what it is. It wouldn't be a home run game changing signing, but it definitely would be a solid signing. He's not a "bum". I'll save my complaining for when/if they don't properly address the o-line. This particular signing can't be viewed as bad though. It's plugging a hole with a solid player who was very disruptive (9.5 sacks) between 2015 and 2016. 

I wanted Nick Fairley a few years ago. This guy is essentially him. A guy who can be very disruptive on the line, but has motivation issues. Give him a 1 year deal and watch him wreak havoc looking for that next deal. 

(03-07-2018, 01:55 PM)PhilHos Wrote: My fault. I'm sorry. Please don't whip me again. It's not like I like it and enjoy when you make me dress up in all leather and whip me like the bad boy I am.  Mellow

Reverse psychology won't work on me, Phil. You're going to have to earn that next spanking.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 01:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ah, it's truly not the off-season until I have to google a FA we're interested in just to find out just who the hell he is.

I hate to regurgitate this, but.....

[Image: Uj2uCgK.gif]

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 02:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like Glasgow and Billings could be great if he gets over that injury, those linger a bit.

Oh well on Vea then, i am liking Edmunds more and more if he is there anyways.

Dude is one big, fast, Linebacker. Could be a great one, reminds me of a bigger Shazier but takes better angles.

Yep, the more I see of him, the more I like him.  I was all for Smith, but I would definitely "settle" for Edmunds.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 03:10 PM)grampahol Wrote: Wait..aren't you guys willing to at least wait until Hobson tells us he's the single greatest defensive lineman of all time?

Nah that's Peko.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 01:19 PM)PhilHos Wrote: If we don't sign at least 1 offensive lineman in free agency, I'm gonna ... I'm gonna ... well, I'm going to do the only thing I can do and ***** and moan about how this franchise sucks! :angry:

He'll sign an offensive lineman! You know what, Mr. Brown, if he doesn't want to sign an offensive linemen in free agency, he can choose not to sign an offensive linemen and then I'll, and then I'll...I’ll laugh about it. and we’ll make a bigger spectacle than we are on this message board right now.
Reply/Quote
this guy is ranked 96 out of 116 interior linemen last year. this might the signing we've been waiting for in years
Reply/Quote
Wow we surely are being aggressive! Signing washed up bums! Same old same old. Heard from others he’s terrible in the locker room too...Also heard he’s lazy
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 04:12 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep, the more I see of him, the more I like him.  I was all for Smith, but I would definitely "settle" for Edmunds.

I watched a lot more of Roquan Smith so i knew he was a very good Linebacker. But then i watched Trumaine Edmunds
and was completely blown away. Edmunds looks better in coverage. Both are heat seeking missiles though that take great
angles and tackle really well.

Edmunds could be a faster Burfict type player from what i have been looking at. Shocked

We need another great Linebacker as insurance in case Burfict is suspended from the league or gets more concussions.
Reply/Quote
To all complaining about a signing that hasn't even happened yet..  

Even if they do sign him, he still has to make the team.  And, if he does make the team, at worst he would at least be an experienced veteran to add to the rotation.  The amount of trench warfare that this guy has been a part of has to count for something.

I'm thinking that the guy should still have good miles left on the tires.  Looks like he's only really been a full-time starter for 4 years, and was fairly active off the bench the two years previous.

http://www.nfl.com/player/chrisbaker/2507557/profile

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 04:57 PM)Trademark Wrote: Wow we surely are being aggressive! Signing washed up bums! Same old same old. Heard from others he’s terrible in the locker room too...Also heard he’s lazy

Checked all the boxes.

Won't complain unless they overpaid. I think that's why people get nervous about these non OT signings. It doesn't take much for Hobs and the Front Office to claim the budget is busted. And if that's the case we wish they'd bust it on some free agent oline help.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 01:15 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Well if they do sign Baker then I guess the nose tackle Vea is off the table. Unless for some reason they do not sign Geno Atkins to a new contract.

I don't think Vea is going to be there at 12......
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 01:45 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Now now, you know that there'll be a poster or two here on the forums that will remind you the coaches and front office know better than you. They know what they're doing  Whatever

Who are we to question anything this historic and wonderful franchise does? 

Anybody who is halfway intelligent and honest with themselves KNOWS the coaches know more than the posters here. Otherwise, they'd be posting here and the smarter posters here would be coaching in the NFL..... We may not agree with the coaches, but to suggest an internet poster knows more about the game than a coach that made it to the top tier of coaching is laughable.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 02:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Seems like the most noteworthy thing he's done in the NFL is pull Carson Palmer's helmet off by the facemask a few weeks after blindsiding Nick Foles on an INT play.  I'm semi-interested in seeing how many fines he can tally up if he's actually on the field and in stripes.

https://www.si.com/nfl/video/2014/10/18/chris-baker-fine-nick-foles-carson-palmer

Yeah, but the refs would have to focus on him too, and that would take some of the focus off of Vontaze..... Wink
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 02:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like Glasgow and Billings could be great if he gets over that injury, those linger a bit.

Oh well on Vea then, i am liking Edmunds more and more if he is there anyways.

Dude is one big, fast, Linebacker. Could be a great one, reminds me of a bigger Shazier but takes better angles.

I like Edmunds quite a bit....
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 04:57 PM)Trademark Wrote: Wow we surely are being aggressive! Signing washed up bums! Same old same old. Heard from others he’s terrible in the locker room too...Also heard he’s lazy

I don't think you get to be lazy if you play on a Dline with Geno. Taking plays off and not having a huge motor were also knocks on Carlos Dunlap a few years back. You don't see that today....
Reply/Quote
So the Eagles actually do the legwork and acquire Michael Bennett in a trade while we look at scrubs...
Reply/Quote
Not a scrub just not a fit for the bucs.... Just because they are available now doesn't make them a scrub in any sense of the word.

1 year deal for the bengals seems to be done.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 06:43 PM)Joelist Wrote: So the Eagles actually do the legwork and acquire Michael Bennett in a trade while we look at scrubs...

I want nothing to do with Bennett.  If we are going to sign a guy that is making good money, he better be good.  Bennett is washed up and is an off the field problem.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 06:43 PM)Joelist Wrote: So the Eagles actually do the legwork and acquire Michael Bennett in a trade while we look at scrubs...

Eh, if we make a trade it should be for Cordy Glenn not Michael Bennett.

Chris Baker as Xeno says here is not a scrub. He was very disruptive for the Redskins a couple years back.

As Shake shown Baker had 9.5 sacks between 2015 and 2016 and he can stop the run.

(03-07-2018, 06:54 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Not a scrub just not a fit for the bucs....      Just because they are available now doesn't make them a scrub in any sense of the word.

1 year deal for the bengals  seems to be done.

Trumaine Edmunds at 12 or trade back and grab Mike McGinchey seems like the best route to go now if they take
Vita Vea off their board after this. But i doubt they take Vea off their board, just a 1 year deal for Baker, shouldn't.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 07:00 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I want nothing to do with Bennett.  If we are going to sign a guy that is making good money, he better be good.  Bennett is washed up and is an off the field problem.

And a penalty machine...
Reply/Quote