Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Chris Carter Tells Mike Brown To Do It Right For The Super Bowl
(02-03-2022, 04:58 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I have older family members that do this.  They say they are going to "Meijers" or Krogers."  Seems like an involuntary thing.  

Or this. "I have to go to the doctors."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 05:04 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Carter's never played in a Super Bowl. He has no right to throw out advice about it.

Sick burn.
Reply/Quote
I won't get defensive and immediately side with Mike Brown (of all people). When I hear stuff like this from NFL vets, I see it as a reflection of what the league is thinking. Any talk about players "being rich enough to put their own families up in hotels" is kind of besides the point. If anything that's exactly what Cris is talking about. Other billionaire owners wouldn't play that card against their own players.

I won't make too much of this either way. But I do hope Mike Brown abides by league-held norms... irrespective of whether he can get away with not doing so.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 07:08 PM)tms Wrote: I won't get defensive and immediately side with Mike Brown (of all people). When I hear stuff like this from NFL vets, I see it as a reflection of what the league is thinking. Any talk about players "being rich enough to put their own families up in hotels" is kind of besides the point. If anything that's exactly what Cris is talking about. Other billionaire owners wouldn't play that card against their own players.

I won't make too much of this either way. But I do hope Mike Brown abides by league-held norms... irrespective of whether he can get away with not doing so.

Well I mean, there are exceptions. I think if a player say has a giant family wanting to go that the player probably ought to fork 
over the dough in that occasion. There are other exceptions, say if a player is on a rookie cheap contract and can't afford to bring
someone really important to them that would be a case I think the FO might think about helping them out.

But in the end I agree, just do what other owners do. No need to act like you are Jerry Jones or Kraft.
Reply/Quote
Blah blah says Chris Carter. This is just the boring media noise since there is a stretch of nothing going on before the big game. I'm confident Taylor and the team are focused on the task of winning a Super Bowl and nobody in the Bengals organization cares about some random media talking point.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 07:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well I mean, there are exceptions. I think if a player say has a giant family wanting to go that the player probably ought to fork 
over the dough in that occasion. There are other exceptions, say if a player is on a rookie cheap contract and can't afford to bring
someone really important to them that would be a case I think the FO might think about helping them out.

But in the end I agree, just do what other owners do. No need to act like you are Jerry Jones or Kraft.

The cheapest rookie contract in the NFL for practice squad players is $9200.00 per week. That's 165,600.00 for 18 weeks work. Nobody playing in the NFL can't afford to fly their family out and pay for their hotel. 
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 07:49 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The cheapest rookie contract in the NFL for practice squad players is $9200.00 per week. That's 165,600.00 for 18 weeks work. Nobody playing in the NFL can't afford to fly their family out and pay for their hotel. 

Plus, they're most likely getting paid in the offseason, right? Probably not as much, but most players sign contracts and then re-sign to the practice squad after being cut.

There is also taxes, though.

I also wonder how much, if any, of the trip for their families they could write-off for taxes.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 04:58 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I have older family members that do this.  They say they are going to "Meijers" or Krogers."  Seems like an involuntary thing.  

Even some of my close friends add an S to my last name or just think it has an S on the end. 

Never really bothered me much and just let them be wrong lol. 

Yet I do put an S on Kroger too, so maybe it is just an older person thing. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
The team flies out on a chartered jet. Not sure how you make it 1st class or not 1st class.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 04:44 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Or for the longest time JAY’marr.

"Damn it!  I can't go to Jay'marts anymore?!?"

[Image: Funny-People-Of-Walmart-Picture-20.jpg]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 09:02 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: "Damn it!  I can't go to Jay'marts anymore?!?"

[Image: a2b59ac5c90499426283583b0fc9a7c3.gif]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Well, if we rightly are going or complain about Carter calling them Burrows and Jaymar, we should make sure we are being accurate about spelling his name Cris…no h. He changed the spelling of his name to honor Cris Collinsworth

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 05:06 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Or this. "I have to go to the doctors."

That's just a shortened "Doctor's office"
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 09:00 AM)pally Wrote: Well, if we rightly are going or complain about Carter calling them Burrows and Jaymar, we should make sure we are being accurate about spelling his name Cris…no h. He changed the spelling of his name to honor Cris Collinsworth

I’m surprised that it made it two whole pages for someone to point this out.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Kinda seems like he's just drawing attention to himself/trying to start drama. I think others are right here that Katie is in charge now anyways and whatever plan they have isn't going to be changed because Chris Carter is tweeting about it.

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 03:43 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: About what you'd expect from a guy from Middletown

I'm from Middletown,   driving 700 miles back home to sit on the couch and watch the game with my 95 year old mom....in the house I grew up in.   What's your point, exactly?
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 09:02 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: "Damn it!  I can't go to Jay'marts anymore?!?"

Oh, that’s what that extra grease on my Chef Boyardee was.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 10:18 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Oh, that’s what that extra grease on my Chef Boyardee was.

You know somewhere there is some dude looking at that and thinking she is super hot.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 10:18 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Oh, that’s what that extra grease on my Chef Boyardee was.

You put grease on your Chef Boyardee?

[Image: 110313.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 09:00 AM)pally Wrote: Well, if we rightly are going or complain about Carter calling them Burrows and Jaymar, we should make sure we are being accurate about spelling his name Cris…no h. He changed the spelling of his name to honor Cris Collinsworth

I was going to say something, but didn't want to cross the angry mob. LOL
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote