Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris Collinsworth Picks Us…….
To win the Super Bowl!

That’s HUGE considering how big of a hater he is, but it was on Good Morning Football this morning!

https://youtu.be/ki1aiApki4s

I’m at the pool, so can’t post the video but it’s on my YouTube in the video above!

I’m LOVING the fact that people are taking notice that we’ll dominate with a decent offensive line!

I think he talked about how hard the division is but still picked us (I think but I can’t etch it now, so might have been the people on GMF).

WHO-DEY!
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2023, 03:56 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: To win the Super Bowl!

That’s HUGE considering how big of a hater he is, but it was on Good Morning Football this morning!

https://youtu.be/ki1aiApki4s

I’m at the pool, so can’t post the video but it’s on my YouTube in the video above!

I’m LOVING the fact that people are taking notice that we’ll dominate with a decent offensive line!

I think he talked about how hard the division is but still picked us (I think but I can’t etch it now, so might have been the people on GMF).

WHO-DEY!

Was not aware he hated us.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Collinsworth tries to be non-biased in his reporting with the Bengals. Sometimes it may come off as unsupportive but he is trying to give a neutral view.
Reply/Quote
This happened like a month ago.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2023, 04:25 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Collinsworth tries to be non-biased in his reporting with the Bengals. Sometimes it may come off as unsupportive but he is trying to give a neutral view.

^This^. People expecting Collinsworth to sound like Lapham forget he works for a national network that covers every team.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2023, 04:55 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: ^This^.  People expecting Collinsworth to sound like Lapham forget he works for a national network that covers every team.

It isn't him trying to be unbiased when talking about us that gets on my nerves.

It is the way Collinsworth praises the stealers so much that personally gets on my nerves.

Good on him for picking us to win the SB though, I have the same prediction and we agree for once.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2023, 04:02 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Was not aware he hated us.
It's not that he hated us but I just never really remember him ever giving us too much praise.
(08-22-2023, 04:25 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Collinsworth tries to be non-biased in his reporting with the Bengals.  Sometimes it may come off as unsupportive but he is trying to give a neutral view.
I don't remember him ever saying anything good about us. Maybe a time or two. It's not that he's not honest when he's bashing us, but it's more that I never really hear him say anything good about us.

(08-22-2023, 04:32 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: This happened like a month ago.
It happened like 6 hours ago.
(08-22-2023, 05:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It isn't him trying to be unbiased when talking about us that gets on my nerves.

It is the way Collinsworth praises the stealers so much that personally gets on my nerves.

Good on him for picking us to win the SB though, I have the same prediction and we agree for once.

Exactly, and maybe that's why I never remember him ever talking much about us in a positive manner.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2023, 05:48 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It's not that he hated us but I just never really remember him ever giving us too much praise.
I don't remember him ever saying anything good about us. Maybe a time or two. It's not that he's not honest when he's bashing us, but it's more that I never really hear him say anything good about us.

It happened like 6 hours ago.

Exactly, and maybe that's why I never remember him ever talking much about us in a positive manner.

Oh, he gushes over the stealers, it is actually disgusting Sick lol
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2023, 04:25 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Collinsworth tries to be non-biased in his reporting with the Bengals.  Sometimes it may come off as unsupportive but he is trying to give a neutral view.

(08-22-2023, 04:55 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: ^This^.  People expecting Collinsworth to sound like Lapham forget he works for a national network that covers every team.

He tends to overdo it on the unbiased side, which comes off as "hate", yet he slobbers all over Pitt and Baltimore at the same time. Whatev.

Boomer is able to be unbiased while still tooting the Bengals horn. 

Jac Collinsworth is good though. That kid has tons of energy and he's fun to listen to. Kind of like his dad when he was a younger dude, except without the cringable creepy side.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2023, 06:05 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He tends to overdo it on the unbiased side, which comes off as "hate", yet he slobbers all over Pitt and Baltimore at the same time. Whatev.

Boomer is able to be unbiased while still tooting the Bengals horn. 

Jac Collinsworth is good though. That kid has tons of energy and he's fun to listen to. Kind of like his dad when he was a younger dude, except without the cringable creepy side.

This, all this.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2023, 05:48 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Exactly, and maybe that's why I never remember him ever talking much about us in a positive manner.

For the 34 years Cris has been in NFL media we've only been an actual force in the NFL for 2 of them.  Now that we have Burrow and we're awesome he's on board, go figure.  I mean, what do Bengals fans even have to say about the past 30 years?  It ranges from "not bad, but couldn't get it done when it counted" to "malignant cancerous diva quitters."

I don't take it personally when people who want national jobs spend more time talking about the more popular and more successful franchises, whether I like them or not.  As I've always said to people who think the media was too hard on us...give me a 30 minute presentation on the Pittsburgh Pirates, but don't say anything bad about them.  What can you say? 

Anyways, we have Burrow now so it's our turn to watch other fanbases hear the media talk about how awesome he is while they complain and say "Meh...the broadcasters have to wash Burrow's ballsack and he's only thrown 4 TDs tonight!  Wahhhh!"
Reply/Quote
To win the SB? Little early to boldly predict that isn't it? Let's see where they are the end of December. I kind of feel they are gonna struggle this year to even win the division. I guess after watching them fall short for 50 years my expectations are always low key. I really hope the last 2 years haven't been a false sense of security.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2023, 05:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It isn't him trying to be unbiased when talking about us that gets on my nerves.

To be fair, those early and mid Roethlisberger steeler teams were pretty good year after year.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2023, 08:25 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: To be fair, those early and mid Roethlisberger steeler teams were pretty good year after year.

They were, but that doesn't mean a former Bengal should just slobber all over them the way Collinsworth does.

Those teams were also as dirty as it gets and he never brings that up.

Personally this makes me sick to just ignore how the stealers always have/had the refs on their side and all the other dirty 
ways of that team while being a former Bengals player, but to each their own. Not of fan of Chris Collinsworth and never will
be. He annoys the hell out of me with his voice and his stealer, ratbird praise and the way he talks about his old team as if 
they are a minor league football team.

For once, he recognizes what is going on around here with Burrow, Taylor and Anarumo. Only took a SB appearance and 2 
AFC Championship appearances for him to recognize though all the while gushing over the stealers. Mellow
Reply/Quote
I get the skepticism last year.
Given the history of the Bengals, were they a one-and-done contender?

Last year proved the Bengals can go deep in the playoffs.

Only thing that would shock me at this point is someone picking someone other than KC, CIN, or BUF.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2023, 03:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I get the skepticism last year.
Given the history of the Bengals, were they a one-and-done contender?

Last year proved the Bengals can go deep in the playoffs.

Only thing that would shock me at this point is someone picking someone other than KC, CIN, or BUF.

Same, the Jags might be a dark horse for somebody. I like how Trevor Lawrence played in big games last year.

The Jags have some fight to them on both sides of the ball.

Edit: I would put the Jets in here as well but everyone is talking about the Jets with Rodgers.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2023, 05:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It isn't him trying to be unbiased when talking about us that gets on my nerves.

That's my pet peeve about him as well. He gushes over the Pitt organization just a little too much when covering their games.  
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2023, 05:35 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: That's my pet peeve about him as well. He gushes over the Pitt organization just a little too much when covering their games.  

Yes he does, Chris doesn't have to suck up to that org so much, it is gross. Sick
Reply/Quote