I think he could be very effective on a quick toss play
Or running a,pivot route for example like Boyd scored
On. I dont see any reason why he cant be used
In the same role Kareem Hunt is used in
Reply/Quote
He is a rookie. I think his play time will increase as the season progresses
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I certainly like what he brings to the table. I haven’t seen much from Perine this year and feel like Evans needs more snaps. Five or so snaps per game where he’s used as a possible playmaker, and some snaps where he’s used in pass pro. If one of his pre draft strengths was blitz pickup, why not use him more there? I feel like as the season goes on, he’ll get more snaps as the coaches become more comfortable easing in a rookie learning his role in this offense. Perine is who he is at this point, Evans has the higher ceiling.
Reply/Quote
Trusting a rookie in pass protection is always a tough call. He has shown enough that I expect they'll work him in more if he's hitting his assignments in practice.
Reply/Quote
When you are 3rd deep at RB or say OL, unless injuries happen, you rarely get much playing time ... so NO unless there are injuries
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 01:00 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: When you are 3rd deep at RB or say OL, unless injuries happen, you rarely get much playing time ... so NO unless there are injuries

Evans looks like he has alot more burst and quicks
Than Perrine.That catch and run Evans had vs Pittsburgh , Perrine cant do that. 
He would have been chased from behind. 
Evans is averaging 10 yards everytime he catches the ball. When Samaje touches the ball its 4-yards. 
Big difference
Reply/Quote
I hope it does and think it will if he keeps making the most of his opportunities. He was a good matchup against the Steeler's aggressive scheme with the screen passes.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 01:07 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Evans looks like he has alot more burst and quicks
Than Perrine.That catch and run Evans had vs Pittsburgh , Perrine cant do that. 
He would have been chased from behind. 
Evans is averaging 10 yards everytime he catches the ball. When Samaje touches the ball its 4-yards. 
Big difference

He has zero rushing attempts, and 3 touches so far.. Perine has 6 rushing and 6 catches.. so neither is getting the ball much anyway and that is my point.. unless Mixon gets hurt, it will be rare a mix of 2/3 backs touch the ball much more than 5 to 6 times total.

Obviously Perine is more the rushing back than Evans in Bengals eyes.. so yes Evan might get a play or two more as WR back but won;t be much overall
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 01:00 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: When you are 3rd deep at RB or say OL, unless injuries happen, you rarely get much playing time ... so NO unless there are injuries

Perine hasn't shown much so far. If Evans can show that he knows his assignments and can pick up the blitz, he should start getting more snaps ahead of Perine. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 11:59 AM)impactplaya Wrote: 2 catches that both went for 10 plus
Yards. Admist  the encouraging start by Jamar
Chase, it's easy to overlook the small sample
Size Evans has shown us.
That catch and run he had in vs the Steelers
Showed his ability to seperate, accelerate, and even break
Through a arm tackle.

The safety he ran away from on that short crossing route was Minkah Fitzpatrick...

I say get him more involved.  Mixon will be looking to ball out on National TV, though...making the early call that he is the star of the game.  
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 04:00 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Perine hasn't shown much so far. If Evans can show that he knows his assignments and can pick up the blitz, he should start getting more snaps ahead of Perine. 

4,8 last year on 63 carries was impressive enough to support where he is on depth chart
Reply/Quote
Evan's time will come. I like to have good back ups and he's the one.
Reply/Quote
Before it is all said and done I expect Evans to get 5-10 touches a game and be a productive piece of the Bengals puzzle. .

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 11:59 AM)impactplaya Wrote: 2 catches that both went for 10 plus
Yards. Admist  the encouraging start by Jamar
Chase, it's easy to overlook the small sample
Size Evans has shown us.
That catch and run he had in vs the Steelers
Showed his ability to seperate, accelerate, and even break
Through a arm tackle.

I'm excited for Chris Evans and he has definitely flashed with his limited opportunities. I'd pump the brakes on saying we could use him like Kareem Hunt just yet. But I do think Mixon and Evans need to get more targets.
Reply/Quote
that Ryan Finley trade (pick where we nabbed Evans) just keeps making me chuckle
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 06:29 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: 4,8 last year on 63 carries was impressive enough to support where he is on depth chart

Right now, it doesn't matter what they did last year. I liked Perine coming in and was ok with letting Gio go. If Evans (being a rookie) is able to show he can do a bit more, with more snaps, sign me up. I'm all for it. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Evans needs to be the #2. Perine needs to be the closer if we are up comfortably going ground and pound.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 08:32 PM)kalibengal Wrote: that Ryan Finley trade (pick where we nabbed Evans) just keeps making me chuckle

That Billy Price trade was highway robbery too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I like what Evans brings to the table and look forward to him getting more snaps. He's like a RB/WR hybrid with his hands and route running ability. I think he will carve out a niche with us.
Reply/Quote
A lot of people dont realize that in 2019, when MIxon played the full 16 games, Gio played 40% of the snaps. He did not get a lot of carries but he was on the filed giving Mixon a break.
Reply/Quote