Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chris Henry Jr
Came across this article on a a Buckeyes recruiting site and couldn’t believe it for multiple reasons. Still several years from college but we could see Chris Henry’s son in the NFL before you know it.

1- can’t believe Chris Henry’s son is already old enough to be getting recruited.

2- can’t believe a kid that young is getting offered by OSU at this stage. For those who don’t follow, Brian Hartline is possibly the best WR coach/recruiter EVER. He gets his pick of five stars every year so him offering Chris Jr says a TON about what kind of player he is already.

Feel free to move the thread if needed. I thought with the dead season some would enjoy the article and discussion.

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state/Article/2026-wide-receiver-Chris-Henry-Jr-honored-to-receive-Ohio-State-football-offer-wants-to-keep-improving-188427325/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Wouldn't it be something if the Bengals ended up with him.
Reply/Quote
"It takes a village"..Great to see the kid excelling. Looks just like his dad
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Quote:"I'm honored," Henry said after receiving the offer. "It makes me want to work harder."

"It's a surprise. But I think I earned it because I worked for it. But it just makes me want to get better."

How is nobody mentioning those quotes by Chris?!

Those are UNREAL! The kid's work ethic and dedication are AMAZING!

I hope he ends up playing here because he sounds like he has his head on straight and has the potential to be better than Slim!

Glad Slim's memory is living on through his son!
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2022, 08:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: "It takes a village"..Great to see the kid excelling. Looks just like his dad

He really does. Especially when he’s running routes. He has that exact same lanky frame.

Reply/Quote
Holy shit... he looks like his father, with slightly Samoan facial features. It. Is. Insane.

It's already been 13 years...
(06-06-2022, 07:44 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Feel free to move the thread if needed. I thought with the dead season some would enjoy the article and discussion.

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state/Article/2026-wide-receiver-Chris-Henry-Jr-honored-to-receive-Ohio-State-football-offer-wants-to-keep-improving-188427325/

Dark
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2022, 07:44 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Came across this article on a a Buckeyes recruiting site and couldn’t believe it for multiple reasons. Still several years from college but we could see Chris Henry’s son in the NFL before you know it.

1- can’t believe Chris Henry’s son is already old enough to be getting recruited.

2- can’t believe a kid that young is getting offered by OSU at this stage. For those who don’t follow, Brian Hartline is possibly the best WR coach/recruiter EVER. He gets his pick of five stars every year so him offering Chris Jr says a TON about what kind of player he is already.

Feel free to move the thread if needed. I thought with the dead season some would enjoy the article and discussion.

A couple things:

1.) That video where the intro is frozen on his face stopped me in my tracks.  Aside from a different hair style that Chris wore just before his death, he looks EXACTLY like his dad in the face.

2.) Hartline is an amazing coach and recruiter.  OSU has to at least be in consideration as "WR U"

3.)  For those that scoffed when someone shared a story about Adam Jones helping to raise the kid, he looks like he is doing pretty well thus far.  If he did end up here, can you imagine Adam Jones being in the stands to watch every game?  That's probably better than Randy Moss.  

Cool story and I hope the kid stays focused on sports.  
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2022, 07:44 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Came across this article on a a Buckeyes recruiting site and couldn’t believe it for multiple reasons. Still several years from college but we could see Chris Henry’s son in the NFL before you know it.

He is being raised by Adam Jones. he also is a great basketball player and has switched to West Clermont High School. He will playing BB with my grandson.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2022, 09:00 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: He is being raised by Adam Jones. he also is a great basketball player and has switched to West Clermont High School. He will playing BB with my grandson.

That is very cool, I love hearing about all the connections to regular people on this board. Your grandson may be playing with a future pro. Maybe he’ll be able to get there himself. I’m sure plenty of football/basketball scouts will have eyes on his games with Henry’s recognition factor…
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2022, 12:55 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Holy shit... he looks like his father, with slightly Samoan facial features. It. Is. Insane.

Dark

Sometimes I’m dark without even noticing. Must just be my default setting at this point Ninja
Reply/Quote
Amazing

Hopefully he becomes what his daddy was likely gonna become
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2022, 12:55 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Holy shit... he looks like his father, with slightly Samoan facial features. It. Is. Insane.

Dark

I always felt like Chris had a hint of islander or some type of Asian in him. Maybe even it’s Native American. His sons hair makes me want to guess Native American but idk
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2022, 11:48 AM)Housh Wrote: I always felt like Chris had a hint of islander or some type of Asian in him. Maybe even it’s Native American. His sons hair makes me want to guess Native American but idk

Jr.'s mother is Leilani (sp?) Tonga, Fanene's sister and Samoan ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
I was always enamored with Chris Henry's (sr) upside. Hopefully he is able to follow in 15's footsteps in terms of talent, but also be able to avoid some of the struggles and pitfalls that ultimately ended up holding him back as a football player. I always pulled for him and hope the best for jr.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2022, 08:31 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Wouldn't it be something if the Bengals ended up with him.

Would be awesome. Hi dad was one of my favorite Bengals. I still think he could have been one of the most explosive WR’s in football if he would have stayed focused.
Reply/Quote
While Im happy to see Junior headed to a good program with an excellent coach I am disappointed I won't get to see him in Blue and Gold like his father.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2022, 01:51 PM)Synric Wrote: While Im happy to see Junior headed to a good program with an excellent coach I am disappointed I won't get to see him in Blue and Gold like his father.

Watch him pull a massive swerve on signing day Wink
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown had a soft spot for Chris Henry, so I wouldn't doubt it if we eventually target Jr as a replacement for one of our trio down the line.

Btw, I met Chris Sr's brother at a party in Fort Mitchell KY back in 2005, and he looked just like Chris, too. Tall, lanky, and those unmistakable eyes.

Those genes run strong.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2022, 09:40 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Sometimes I’m dark without even noticing. Must just be my default setting at this point Ninja

My default setting crashes I have to put all my settings on low.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2022, 01:51 PM)Synric Wrote: While Im happy to see Junior headed to a good program with an excellent coach I am disappointed I won't get to see him in Blue and Gold like his father.

I had forgotten where Henry went to college.  For some reason I thought he came from a small college.

His close connection to PacMan makes a lot more sense now.
Reply/Quote