Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris Jones DT KC
(01-01-2024, 10:34 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I stand corrected, Jones is close to 30 million a year. Good news is KC may not be able to keep him either.
Chris Jones
EMBED THIS
CHIEFS, DT
Exp:7 Years
Drafted:Round 2 (#37 overall), 2016
College:Mississippi State
Agent(s):Jason Katz (Katz Brothers Sports)

ACTIVE
Contract Details Career Earnings Transactions Fines & Suspensions Statistics Market Value
Calculated Market Value
$28.9M

AVG. ANNUAL SALARY
Market Value
3 yrs, $86,779,749
Avg. Salary: $28,926,583
NFL Rank: 21
DT Rank: 2
Current Contract
Free Agent: 2024
Avg. Salary: $19,500,000
NFL Rank: 67
DT Rank: 8

With the way Duke and Co. treat the roster, I don't see them going after Jones. Apparently the FO still has bad feelings after handing out third contracts to Dunlap and Geno and seeing very little return on them. Jones has a couple of rings so I could see him going after a one last big payday. I also won't be surprised if whoever the next year's "go all in" team pursues him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2024, 02:02 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: With the way Duke and Co. treat the roster, I don't see them going after Jones. Apparently the FO still has bad feelings after handing out third contracts to Dunlap and Geno and seeing very little return on them. Jones has a couple of rings so I could see him going after a one last big payday. I also won't be surprised if whoever the next year's "go all in" team pursues him.

Stealing Madubuike away from the Ravens might be even more ideal, younger and not many know that he is one of the best in the NFL 
at what he does. Pierce from the Ravens would be great too, but I think I like Madubuike as the better fit with the youth. I think our FO 
and coaches would feel the same. As TLL shown as well, Chris Jones hasn't played well in the Playoffs except us when we were all injured.

Between his age and these facts, I think one of the Ravens DT's are more likely as the Ravens don't have much money, just like the Fins 
and Christian Wilkins to get deals done.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2024, 05:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Stealing Madubuike away from the Ravens might be even more ideal, younger and not many know that he is one of the best in the NFL 
at what he does. Pierce from the Ravens would be great too, but I think I like Madubuike as the better fit with the youth. I think our FO 
and coaches would feel the same. As TLL shown as well, Chris Jones hasn't played well in the Playoffs except us when we were all injured.

Between his age and these facts, I think one of the Ravens DT's are more likely as the Ravens don't have much money, just like the Fins 
and Christian Wilkins to get deals done.

I would love to land Madubuike. The idea of weakening a division rival is always good. That player also plays motivated against that team because they usually feel burned that the team who drafted them didn't think of highly of them to try and keep them. 

However, Baltimore is a team that always gets creative when it comes to keeping certain players.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 04:29 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I would love to land Madubuike. The idea of weakening a division rival is always good. That player also plays motivated against that team because they usually feel burned that the team who drafted them didn't think of highly of them to try and keep them. 

However, Baltimore is a team that always gets creative when it comes to keeping certain players.

Completely agree, but I think it will be hard for them to keep both Madubuike and Pierce with their cap issues.
Reply/Quote