Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris Mortensen
Chris Mortensen from ESPN has revealed that he has stage 4 throat cancer. He'll be taking time off for treatment.

Crazy news to hear.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 05:47 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Chris Mortensen from ESPN has revealed that he has stage 4 throat cancer. He'll be taking time off for treatment.

Crazy news to hear.

That suxx.  Is stage 4 beyond the point of no return?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 07:03 PM)McC Wrote: That suxx.  Is stage 4 beyond the point of no return?

Yup. Soon to be RIP for chris.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 07:03 PM)McC Wrote: That suxx.  Is stage 4 beyond the point of no return?

He's undergoing treatment of some sort.  Maybe it's different for rich people, but I've seen doctors say "Sorry, bye."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 07:44 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yup.  Soon to be RIP for chris.

Not necessarily.  5-year survival rates for stage 4 throat cancer vary anywhere from 25-50% based on the extent and location of the tumor itself.

(01-17-2016, 03:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: He's undergoing treatment of some sort.  Maybe it's different for rich people, but I've seen doctors say "Sorry, bye."

Not sure where you have "seen" these doctors say that, but the Hematology/Oncology physicians I have worked with will very rarely give up like that.  If anything, the vast majority are too aggressive, when in reality the best course of action would be to back up and simply recommend the patient go the palliative care route.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 04:12 PM)whodeyfan1 Wrote: Not necessarily.  5-year survival rates for stage 4 throat cancer vary anywhere from 25-50% based on the extent and location of the tumor itself.

Not sure where you have "seen" these doctors say that, but the Hematology/Oncology physicians I have worked with will very rarely give up like that.  If anything, the vast majority are too aggressive, when in reality the best course of action would be to back up and simply recommend the patient go the palliative care route.

My ol' man got radiation for tumors for years and eventually they just couldn't do anything else.  Thems the breaks.  I'm just saying there comes a point where nothing else can be done and/or the cure will just kill you faster.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The referee in the game on right now is a Stage 4 throat cancer survivor.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote