Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris Simms QB Rankings
This doesn't pertain to Cincinnati necessarily, but I think this is very interesting. Simms just released his QB rankings for this years class.

https://twitter.com/CSimmsQB/status/1367121407075897346

For those who don't want to click the lick, here are his rankings...

1. Zach Wilson
2. Trevor Lawrence
3. Mac Jones
4. Kellen Mond
5. Justin Fields
6. Trey Lance

Simms also has an impressively good track history on QB evaluation. Here are his past rankings...

1. Joe Burrow
2. Justin Herbert
3. Jordan Love
4. Tua Tagovailoa

1. Kyler Murray
2. Drew Lock
3. Dwayne Haskins
4. Ryan Finley
5. Jarrett Stidham
6. Daniel Jones
7. Clayton Thorson
8. Will Grier

1. Lamar Jackson
2. Josh Allen
3. Baker Mayfield
4. Sam Darnold
5. Josh Rosen

He was also very high on Mahomes in 2017 and didn't like Trubisky. There are some obvious misses, Finley over Jones being one of them but the list is still really impressive. Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2021, 03:56 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: This doesn't pertain to Cincinnati necessarily, but I think this is very interesting. Simms just released his QB rankings for this years class.

https://twitter.com/CSimmsQB/status/1367121407075897346

For those who don't want to click the lick, here are his rankings...

1. Zach Wilson
2. Trevor Lawrence
3. Mac Jones
4. Kellen Mond
5. Justin Fields
6. Trey Lance

Simms also has an impressively good track history on QB evaluation. Here are his past rankings...

1. Joe Burrow
2. Justin Herbert
3. Jordan Love
4. Tua Tagovailoa

1. Kyler Murray
2. Drew Lock
3. Dwayne Haskins
4. Ryan Finley
5. Jarrett Stidham
6. Daniel Jones
7. Clayton Thorson
8. Will Grier

1. Lamar Jackson
2. Josh Allen
3. Baker Mayfield
4. Sam Darnold
5. Josh Rosen

He was also very high on Mahomes in 2017 and didn't like Trubisky. There are some obvious misses, Finley over Jones being one of them but the list is still really impressive. Thoughts?

That 2019 QB draft class was BAD
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I can buy everything but Mond, and I think that is where most people find issues. You can actually make arguments on most of them but that Mond one just doesn't really jive.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2021, 04:12 PM)Au165 Wrote: I can buy everything but Mond, and I think that is where most people find issues. You can actually make arguments on most of them but that Mond one just doesn't really jive.

Kellen Mond is so irritating.

He's been a 4 year starter so I've been watching him for several years. One game you say to yourself "yea hes a 1st round QB" the next game you're saying "wow is this the same player?". 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2021, 04:21 PM)Synric Wrote: Kellen Mond is so irritating.

He's been a 4 year starter so I've been watching him for several years. One game you say to yourself "yea hes a 1st round QB" the next game you're saying "wow is this the same player?". 

Yeah, I watched him a few times and was like, this guy has talent. I only watched him a few times though, what did he just go
inaccurate or something and start throwing interceptions? BTW, no way do I have Zach Wilson over Lawrence...
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2021, 04:12 PM)Au165 Wrote: I can buy everything but Mond, and I think that is where most people find issues. You can actually make arguments on most of them but that Mond one just doesn't really jive.

I like Mond.  I will be interested in seeing where he ends up.  Mond is unpolished though. 
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2021, 05:50 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I like Mond.  I will be interested in seeing where he ends up.  Mond is unpolished though. 

I think he is okay, I don't see him over Justin Fields or Trey Lance. I think Lance has more upside as a project than Mond. Lance is young and doesn't have as many reps to blame it on, Mond has been a starter for a long time and you are seeing a lot of the same issues.
Reply/Quote
Mac Jones is the new AJ McCaron....and he has him above Fields...OK!!
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2021, 06:04 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Mac Jones is the new AJ McCaron....and he has him above Fields...OK!!

I could see Jones going to Steelers.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Mac Jones is no AJ McCarron and I would definitely take him over Fields who has terrible pocket presence and no ability to read through his progressions. Seeing Mond listed though is an absolute joke. Seeing him listed while Kyle Trask isn’t is beyond stupid. Trask’s arm is similar to Burrow...not the strongest but more than sufficient but he throws with pinpoint accuracy. The only guy I saw this year who threw a more catchable ball than Trask...Mac Jones.
Reply/Quote
Chris Simms is an assbag.

What were we talkin' about? Yawn
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2021, 06:05 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I could see Jones going to Steelers.  

Steelers will have to trade him he won't fall that far. Lots of teams looking for a QB.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2021, 08:44 PM)BigRed75 Wrote: Mac Jones is no AJ McCarron and I would definitely take him over Fields who has terrible pocket presence and no ability to read through his progressions. Seeing Mond listed though is an absolute joke. Seeing him listed while Kyle Trask isn’t is beyond stupid. Trask’s arm is similar to Burrow...not the strongest but more than sufficient but he throws with pinpoint accuracy. The only guy I saw this year who threw a more catchable ball than Trask...Mac Jones.

Mac Jones is exactly like AJ McNoodle....actually AJ was better in college....3 time BCS Champ and 1st team all american....exact same size and basically a clone of each other physically....Bama QBs are just like OSU QBs, surrounded by talent and look superb until hitting the NFL...the thing is that Fields can learn attributes like reading defenses and his progressions....Jones cannot learn to be fast and a threat to run like modern NFL QBs

Willing to take a friendly bet...Fields goes top 5.....Mac Jones drops out of the 1st round
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2021, 09:24 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Chris Simms is an assbag.

What were we talkin' about? Yawn

Lmao! Hilarious

He can never pronounce our team's name right, agree he is a douche. Mellow
Reply/Quote
This is horrible because if it's true we won't sniff Chase or Sewell.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 03:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Lmao! Hilarious

He can never pronounce our team's name right, agree he is a douche. Mellow

He trashed so hard on the Bengals.  Basically the stench of failure is attached to the helmet and unis by his opinion and they should ditch them.

The stench of failure is the family/FO's past shortcomings and the inability to push the team over the top when they do have talent.

It was just such a childish take.  He's a typical blowhard and if you listen to him long enough you'll wish you hadn't!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 09:53 AM)spazz70 Wrote: Mac Jones is exactly like AJ McNoodle....actually AJ was better in college....3 time BCS Champ and 1st team all american....exact same size and basically a clone of each other physically....Bama QBs are just like OSU QBs, surrounded by talent and look superb until hitting the NFL...the thing is that Fields can learn attributes like reading defenses and his progressions....Jones cannot learn to be fast and a threat to run like modern NFL QBs

Willing to take a friendly bet...Fields goes top 5.....Mac Jones drops out of the 1st round

Just because McCarron had more college success doesn’t mean he was / is a better NFL QB. Hell, by that logic Tom Brady shouldn’t ever be in the NFL. Oh I think Fields still has a very good chance to go top 5 because a team will be stupid enough to draft him that high based on what he did in college against inferior defenses but there is 0% chance Jones falls out of round 1. That’s not just my analysis but that from an NFL scout who specializes in QBs. He’s old school but there’s a reason teams still work with him...he’s rarely wrong.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 09:53 AM)spazz70 Wrote: Mac Jones is exactly like AJ McNoodle....actually AJ was better in college....3 time BCS Champ and 1st team all american....exact same size and basically a clone of each other physically....Bama QBs are just like OSU QBs, surrounded by talent and look superb until hitting the NFL...the thing is that Fields can learn attributes like reading defenses and his progressions....Jones cannot learn to be fast and a threat to run like modern NFL QBs

I’ll take that bet, though I’m not sure what we would wager.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 11:53 AM)BigRed75 Wrote: Just because McCarron had more college success doesn’t mean he was / is a better NFL QB. Hell, by that logic Tom Brady shouldn’t ever be in the NFL. Oh I think Fields still has a very good chance to go top 5 because a team will be stupid enough to draft him that high based on what he did in college against inferior defenses but there is 0% chance Jones falls out of round 1. That’s not just my analysis but that from an NFL scout  who specializes in QBs. He’s old school but there’s a reason teams still work with him...he’s rarely wrong.

Mac Jones is not going to be a successful starter in the NFL.

Look back through all the years of great teams at Alabama and their QBs never pan out. They have OL's that give them clean pockets, the best of the best at WR, and RB, and a defense that can offer them short fields.

Jones will go round 1 and the team that takes him will be stuck looking for another QB in 2022. If you are throwing passes to the guys he has at WR who get blow away CBs and are wide open, it is easy to hit them. He won't have that type of window in the NFL and will end up, much like McCarron, unable to translate to the pro game.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2021, 04:27 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Mac Jones is not going to be a successful starter in the NFL.

Look back through all the years of great teams at Alabama and their QBs never pan out. They have OL's that give them clean pockets, the best of the best at WR, and RB, and a defense that can offer them short fields.

Jones will go round 1 and the team that takes him will be stuck looking for another QB in 2022. If you are throwing passes to the guys he has at WR who get blow away CBs and are wide open, it is easy to hit them. He won't have that type of window in the NFL and will end up, much like McCarron, unable to translate to the pro game.

I absolutely hate takes like this. This is a lazy, lazy view. Justin Herbert has nothing in common with Harrington or Marriot. Joe Burrow has nothing to do with all the failed QB’s since Bert Jones at LSU. Mac Jones is several levels above A.J. McCarron. He will be a fine starting QB in the NFL.
Reply/Quote