Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Chris Simms on Offense Playcalling
(10-06-2022, 10:38 PM)Emeritus Wrote: We think alike

Not even a little.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2022, 10:41 PM)Emeritus Wrote: I respect you too much to respond

Flattery will get you everywhere so let me help you with this:

Change "lack of halftime adjustments" to "getting the team off to a good start". 

During Zac's tenure and especially this year we've been much better in the 2nd half than the first half, The 1st quarter has consistently been our worst quarter of the 4. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2022, 10:23 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Either you don't get the point or you didn't watch it. 

Simms said that the Bengals aren't doing anything to counter what defenses are doing. They're just breaking huddle, lining up and running a play without any movement or window dressing, or trying to design plays to beat the defenses that are being run against them. 

Zero thought or innovation. Pretty much everything that everyone else is saying. 

The Bengals didn't use alot of motion or play action last season either. They are probably running a higher percentage of play-action so far this year than last. Difference has been how teams are playing the Bengals.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2022, 10:27 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Sweet. 

The same thing posted for the 3rd time. 
To be fair... in marketing/advertising they preach the law of 3 to have the customer remember the pitch.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2022, 10:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Flattery will get you everywhere so let me help you with this:

Change "lack of halftime adjustments" to "getting the team off to a good start". 

During Zac's tenure and especially this year we've been much better in the 2nd half than the first half, The 1st quarter has consistently been our worst quarter of the 4. 

Ok. We can agree to disagree. Still no disrespectful shi$ from me.l
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2022, 10:49 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: To be fair... in marketing/advertising they preach the law of 3 to have the customer remember the pitch.

Especially in my world! Thank you sir
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2022, 10:49 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: To be fair... in marketing/advertising they preach the law of 3 to have the customer remember the pitch.

It is a Magic Number

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2022, 10:46 PM)Synric Wrote: The Bengals didn't use alot of motion or play action last season either. They are probably running a higher percentage of play-action so far this year than last. Difference has been how teams are playing the Bengals.

The last couple games they've started changing things. Simms has a valid point in that there are so many things the Bengals could do differently but they seem slow, or not willing, to change too much. 

On one hand i can see that reasoning. When you implement a system and you practice those plays over and over, you don't want to just scrap it and try something completely different. 

Sometimes i wonder how much they simply believe that what they do/are doing will eventually pan out but after a few games of seeing the same thing, i've seen so many teams make adjustments to counter what the opponent is doing to take away what you do best. 

I've never been a big proponent of Zac as an in-game manager/play caller. I would think that anyone that's supposed to be as smart as he's supposed to be would be quicker on the trigger to do something to beat what is being run against you. 

It just feels like they have a lot of money in the bank but they keep shopping at the convenience store instead of the supermarket.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2022, 10:54 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The last couple games they've started changing things. Simms has a valid point in that there are so many things the Bengals could do differently but they seem slow, or not willing, to change too much. 

On one hand i can see that reasoning. When you implement a system and you practice those plays over and over, you don't want to just scrap it and try something completely different. 

Sometimes i wonder how much they simply believe that what they do/are doing will eventually pan out but after a few games of seeing the same thing, i've seen so many teams make adjustments to counter what the opponent is doing to take away what you do best. 

I've never been a big proponent of Zac as an in-game manager/play caller. I would think that anyone that's supposed to be as smart as he's supposed to be would be quicker on the trigger to do something to beat what is being run against you. 

It just feels like they have a lot of money in the bank but they keep shopping at the convenience store instead of the supermarket.

Zac definitely seems a little stubborn to me. How many times are we going to hear “the dam is going to break” wrt sticking with the run when it’s not working?

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2022, 10:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The other threads about this are literally on the 1st page…

Tiger
Sorry about that.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2022, 10:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Zac definitely seems a little stubborn to me. How many times are we going to hear “the dam is going to break” wrt sticking with the run when it’s not working?

It's pretty easy to see why Mike Brown would like him so much...

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2022, 10:41 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Not even a little.

Tiger

Ok
Reply/Quote
Nope. And it’s gonna have to cost us games and have enough people speak up in the locker room before any changes are made
Reply/Quote
Third time today this has been posted. He’s right the OL issues and Burrow have really stifled this offense
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Hell let’s get Chris Sims all of them at the top
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2022, 10:54 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The last couple games they've started changing things. Simms has a valid point in that there are so many things the Bengals could do differently but they seem slow, or not willing, to change too much. 

My biggest issue is the run designs. The Bengals are trying to run away from the natural holes in the leverage of the defense forcing the OL to manufacture space. That has been one of the major problems on the offense.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Herbstreit had what I thought was insightful. The first 4 games were the preseason. Denver, Vegas, Colts look bad on offense too.

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2022, 11:36 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Herbstreit had what I thought was insightful. The first 4 games were the preseason. Denver, Vegas, Colts look bad on offense too.

Game tonight has set offensive play back 40 years. 

Reply/Quote
Matt Ryan has been under pressure 42% of his drop backs this game. 

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2022, 11:54 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Game tonight has set offensive play back 40 years. 

Looks like Zac is calling the offense for both teams out there..amiright? 

Reply/Quote