Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris Simms reports we would of signed Kap if AJ trade went thru
(11-08-2017, 04:04 PM)PhilHos Wrote: In all seriousness, I believe Brown would sign Kap because he loves his reclamation projects PLUS it would be yet another thing to take the focus off the OL and the ineptitude of the front office and coaching staff.

This thought crossed my mind as well.  Mike Brown has a soft spot in his heart for hard luck cases, the down and out, those who have had issues with the law, and as you well stated, "reclamation projects."  This is a superb attitude to have about other people -- if you're a priest.

Colin Kaepernick in orange and black?  Hmmmm...  Let's just say I'm not totally against it provided he is in football shape.  However, there is sufficient downside to making Colin a Bengal, none of which has to do with his past protests.  While bringing him to Cincinnati might get some butts in the seats at stadiums around the league, there will be some who won't be satisfied unless he starts.  That would be a public relations nightmare.  I'm not sure even Mike Brown would risk having that happen in Cincinnati.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Cough, cough, BS, cough, cough.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 04:07 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: my god.  the Bengals cant make a single positive move this year..fml

They fired Zampese. 

Reply/Quote
I don't think the Bengals are dumb enough to sign Krapernik. They would lose all of their bandwagon fans overnight...
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 09:09 PM)nickndfl Wrote: I don't think the Bengals are dumb enough to sign Krapernik. They would lose all of their bandwagon fans overnight...
This might be the stupidest statement ever made here.  Bandwagon Bengal fans. 

What were your previous names here?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I couldn't care less. It would have created even more controversy among fans and they would've been calling for Kaepernick to start instead of McCarron. Once we lose McCarron, I guarantee there will be fans calling for Driskel to start next season.

See, performance means absolutely nothing to a bunch of Bengals fans. They honestly don't give a shit who the QB is so long as it's not Andy Dalton. That's just really sad. Even for all the bullshit he puts up with these fans, he takes it all with a smile and still does a ton for the city of Cincinnati. There's a contingent of fans who will just never give the guy a break because for whatever reason, they really hate him.

As I've mentioned in other threads, most fans agree that coaching is a serious problem for this team. They feel better coaching will help everyone, except Dalton. The guy just can't catch a break.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 09:18 PM)McC Wrote: This might be the stupidest statement ever made here.  Bandwagon Bengal fans. 

What were your previous names here?

That was sublime sarcasm... I have never been here before under any other name. I am here to add diversity of opinion.

Relax, it's only football.

It's not like anybody here is personally responsible for the mess on the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Am I the only one who was pleasantly surprised by this? He would probably be a really cheap signing and would be a great 2nd/3rd string QB, assuming he is NFL shape.
Season ticket holder since 2003. Lifetime Bengals fan, through thick and thin.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 11:32 PM)nickndfl Wrote: That was sublime sarcasm... I have never been here before under any other name. I am here to add diversity of opinion.

Relax, it's only football.

It's not like anybody here is personally responsible for the mess on the Bengals.

Uh huh.  Sure.  I think I have it narrowed down.   It the fans thing.  That, I recognize.  That and the general tone.  Won't take long to be sure.  Keep talking, please.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
That's such a bull crap article and source. The Bengals reached out to Matt Barkleys agent with CAA as the trade was going down. The CK rumor just gets deeper and deeper.... click bait.
Reply/Quote
Click bait article. I don't believe it. Just like they stated Bengals were calling for Dalton to be replaced by Kap, and everyone came out and said it was bogus.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
That would 100% be my last straw! I can put up with a lot (The 90s) but I will be done if that happens. There are many that back cops, soldiers and our flag that would be too. I doubt that the team would last, coupled with its losing. I wouldn't think much of anyone who supported him either. The socks, the shirt, this whole mess over something that isn't the issue that it's made out to be. I'd totally walk and never look back, many others would too!
Reply/Quote
Chris Simms.... oh yeah, he was that little girl that did such a horrible job calling the Bangels game last year. Good grief, Krapderdick is not coming to the Bengals and never was. Simms cannot name a source, she's just "heard" it. How many teams has that dork been linked to this season??? For one thing, Mike Brown is very conservative and would not sign this asshat, and for another thing, Driskell is better than Kraperdick, who has a dead arm and now that he's a vegan is underweight and weak....
Reply/Quote
Chris Simms is an idiot.

Typical PFT clickbait
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 11:49 PM)Clep Wrote: Am I the only one who was pleasantly surprised by this? 

Yes. Yes you were. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
This is BS. It was also widely reported that the Bengals were going to bring Driskel back from injury if the McCarron trade went through. This is MUCH more likely as they like Driskel, he's performed better than they had anticipated, and he's already there getting paid.
Reply/Quote
If he is focused on football it would be a steal.

He'd easily be in the conversation for best backup QB in the league.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 12:52 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: If he is focused on football it would be a steal.

He'd easily be in the conversation for best backup QB in the league.

You realize he lost something like 13 of his last 14 games, or something close to that..... his arm is dead.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 03:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You realize he lost something like 13 of his last 14 games, or something close to that..... his arm is dead.

On the 49ers of all teams. His last 2 coaches were Jim Tomsula and Chip Kelly both proven to be failures as NFL head coaches. Check out his success under Harbaugh a pretty damn good coach (although a big whiner.).  Colin's problem isn't his arm it's his dedication to football.

So just to clarify you don't think Colin would be a great backup for an NFL team? 
Reply/Quote
That would have been the absolute best move the Bengals could have made. It's really unfortunate the Browns weren't able to be run competently
Reply/Quote