Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who do you keep DL
Who do you keep on the DL if we keep 5 ends and 5 Interior

LDE- Dunlap, M.Hardison, W.Clarke

RDE- C.Smith, J.Willis

NT- Billings, J.Tupou

DT- Adkins, Glasgow, B.Thompson

If Johnson keeps playing like he did Friday this may be the end. But I have a feeling Johnson will be our new Peko/Maualuga. Browns loyalty will keep Johnson starting over Willis, Smith or anyone else.

This is just my .02 on who i would keep. Im still torn on Clarke, Gillberry makes plays but he looked just as bad Friday.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 03:08 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Who do you keep on the DL if we keep 5 ends and 5 Interior

RDE- C.Smith, J.Willis

NT- Billings, J.Tupou

If Johnson keeps playing like he did Friday this may be the end. But I have a feeling Johnson will be our new Peko/Maualuga. Browns loyalty will keep Johnson starting over Willis, Smith or anyone else.

This is just my .02 on who i would keep. Im still torn on Clarke, Gillberry makes plays but he looked just as bad Friday.

I don't know.  They made a big point of taking guys to rush the passer.  I can't imagine not playing them.  MJ probably won't go anywhere, even if it really seems like he should.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 03:08 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Who do you keep on the DL if we keep 5 ends and 5 Interior

RDE- C.Smith, J.Willis

NT- Billings, J.Tupou

I think the Bengals will keep 9 DL, not 10. The reason is because Lawson is listed at LB and will be used as a rusher.

But if the Bengals keep 10 DL, I'd go with....
DE: Dunlap, MJ, Willis, Gilberry, Smith
DT: Atkins, Billings, Glasgow, Tupou, Hardison

If I'm cutting down to 9, I'm dropping Tupou, Hardison, Smith, or maybe even MJ.
Also, people need to quit putting Hardison as a DE. He's 315 lbs. He was not good in previous preseasons when playing DE. He's best used as a 3T.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 10:10 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I think the Bengals will keep 9 DL, not 10. The reason is because Lawson is listed at LB and will be used as a rusher.

If I'm cutting down to 9, I'm dropping Tupou, Hardison, Smith, or maybe even MJ.
Also, people need to quit putting Hardison as a DE. He's 315 lbs. He was not good in previous preseasons when playing DE. He's best used as a 3T.

The Bengals themselves list Hardison as a DE. I think he is the Gillberry replacement.

http://www.bengals.com/team/roster.html
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 10:10 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I think the Bengals will keep 9 DL, not 10. The reason is because Lawson is listed at LB and will be used as a rusher.

I think we could see some 3-4 looks with Lawson Standing up, which Hardison and Geno as Ends and Billings as the nose tackle. I think giving multiple looks is nice and Hardison does give you some versatility. While you don't want him playing DE in a jam he can and that is a valuable trait.
Reply/Quote
If 10 I go with (if MJ picks it up)

Dunlap, MJ, Willis, Clarke, Smith, Atkins, (Sims or Thompson), Gilberry, Glasgow, Billings and Topou

Sims or Thompson - 1 gets cut
If not Topou (to practice squad) I say Hardison

If nine, I say Hardison is cut and Topou to PS
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
DE: Lawson, Dunlap, Smith, Willis

DT: Geno, DeShawn, Billings, Glasgow, Tupou

This would probably give us the most talented 9 with the most upside.

Guys like Sims, Gilberry and Johnson are all trending down and lack explosiveness.
Clarke is still just Clarke. Keep him if you want but he shouldn't steal much needed reps from Lawson and Willis.

I'd still be looking for a DE to swap with another player who is victim of the numbers game.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 10:13 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: The Bengals themselves list Hardison as a DE. I think he is the Gillberry replacement.

http://www.bengals.com/team/roster.html

They can list him at DE all they want, but they likely will (or should) play him much more at DT than DE.
Here's an exerpt from Cincy Jungle this offseason about Marcus Hardison....
Quote:Hardison was first used as a strong-side defensive end (and it was not pretty) because of some injuries at the position back in the 2015 preseason. He was then used inside almost full-time at under tackle because he could utilize his quick first step more effectively without having to turn the corner, like in the play above. Hardison’s instant penetration forces the running back to cut back into filled backside gaps and is stuffed for a loss.
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/5/23/15677584/marcus-hardison-third-year-cincinnati-bengals

I feel he's being listed at DE because he originally played 3-4 DE in college before moving to 3T in a 4-3 at Arizona St his final year. He's not a 4-3 DE. He doesn't have the necessary bend and is way too big. He's a 3T all the way.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 10:13 AM)Au165 Wrote: I think we could see some 3-4 looks with Lawson Standing up, which Hardison and Geno as Ends and Billings as the nose tackle. I think giving multiple looks is nice and Hardison does give you some versatility. While you don't want him playing DE in a jam he can and that is a valuable trait.

In a 3-4, Hardison at DE makes sense given he used to play 3-4 DE before moving to DT in a 4-3 his final year at ASU.
Related note though...where does Dunlap go in the situation you mention? You can't take him off the field.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 10:43 AM)ochocincos Wrote: In a 3-4, Hardison at DE makes sense given he used to play 3-4 DE before moving to DT in a 4-3 his final year at ASU.
Related note though...where does Dunlap go in the situation you mention? You can't take him off the field.

I think you can stand him up occasionally. Him and lawson could both come, or one could drop just mix it up a bit. The unknown is what makes it a really deadly setup. Neither would have to drop a large amount but if they can show the threat of being able to get into a zone without tripping over there own feet it could be great.
Reply/Quote
DE: Dunlap, Johnson, Willis, Smith

DT: Atkins, Billings, Glasgow, Thompson

Gilberry makes it if Lawson is seen as a LB.

This gives them a nice miss of veterans,youth, pass rushers, run stoppers and moving pieces
Reply/Quote
Phat Sims is going nowhere.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
There's simply no way we keep 10 on the DL when they probably want to keep a 3rd QB and/or 7th WR. I think they would honestly like to keep 8, but wind up going with 9. Billings has mad talent, but poor rush lane discipline led to an easy Fitzpatrick TD and Glasgow frankly showed nothing despite playing 4th stringers. This is going to force them to keep Sims or Thompson as a veteran NT.

DE-MJ, Dunlap, Willis, Smith
DT-Atkins, Sims, Billings, Hardison, Glasgow
Reply/Quote

RDE- C.Smith, J.Willis

NT- Billings, J.Tupou

I would cut MJ as well if he keeps that shit up. Sims too and Gilberry.

Tough one between Thompson and DeShawn. Thompson is still relatively young and has a fast first step when healthy.

DeShawn i heard didn't show much last game. Right now i guess i would keep the same as you Tkuhl.

Ocho might be right and they keep just 9 though and Thompson is the last one cut with Lawson as the last pass rusher cuz of versatility.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 01:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Phat Sims is going nowhere.

Agreed. Dont think he or MJ are after getting starter treatment.

DE Dunlap MJ Willis Smith
DT Geno Sims Billings Glasgow 

Clarke Gilberry Thompson Hardison Deshawn and Topou are on the outside looking in. Maybe one more from that group.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 01:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Phat Sims is going nowhere.

And I've been a supporter for years.   But I didn't think he looked all that good Friday night.  He gets no push and he has no lateral pursuit.   But if Billings can't stop getting washed away in the middle they'll have to keep him.  Hopefully he'll make some corrections in his lane integrity.

I hope they give Tupou some early snaps.  I looked really stout in the middle and did a really good job fending off the double team.

DL is going to be a really fun battle to watch.

And my prediction is that you are right about Sims going nowhere.   Neither will Johnson who I thought looked terrible Friday night.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 02:22 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote:
Agreed. Dont think he or MJ are after getting starter treatment.

DE Dunlap MJ Willis Smith
DT Geno Sims Billings Glasgow 

Clarke Gilberry Thompson Hardison Deshawn and Topou are on the outside looking in. Maybe one more from that group.

People thought the same with BJGE a few years ago. Just sayin.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

RDE- C.Smith, J.Willis

NT- Billings, J.Tupou

Reply/Quote
LE Dunlap/ Smith/ Clarke
NT Billings / Sims/ Thompson
DT Atkins/ Hardison
RE Willis/ Lawson
Reply/Quote
Who would I keep if it were 5 and 5?

DE: Dunlap. Lawson. Willis. Smith. Johnson.

DT: Atkins. Billings. Williams. Glasgow. Sims.

Thompson has been a disappointment and needs to go. Same with Clarke.

Clarke has been around since 2014, had TWO chances to show what he can do (2014 when the other DE position was open, and last year when Johnson showed he lost a step).

Thompson has been around since 2012 and has never done anything. He's injury prone and doesn't make our team better.

I go for the guys with upside that actually show promise rather than keeping veterans who have seen some playing time but ultimately haven't done anything.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote