Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Christian Couple Vows To Get Divorced If Gay Marriage Is Legalized
So this couple has decided that if Australia moves forward with equality, they will end their marriage.  Why?  Because it means that their marriage somehow is no longer the same.  They will continue to live together and have children, but will divorce (I'm not sure what the bible's stance is on this).  Not that I really care....if a couple wants to get divorced as a form of protest, more power to them.  I just don't really understand what point voiding your own marriage will make.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/christian-couple-vow-to-divorce-if-samesex-marriage-is-legalised-20150610-ghl3o6.html
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-10-2015, 11:33 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: So this couple has decided that if Australia moves forward with equality, they will end their marriage.  Why?  Because it means that their marriage somehow is no longer the same.  They will continue to live together and have children, but will divorce (I'm not sure what the bible's stance is on this).  Not that I really care....if a couple wants to get divorced as a form of protest, more power to them.  I just don't really understand what point voiding your own marriage will make.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/christian-couple-vow-to-divorce-if-samesex-marriage-is-legalised-20150610-ghl3o6.html

It will make the point that they're loons.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
If that's the case they were probably gonna get divorced eventually anyway lol.
This would actually go against the cause they look to defend. They are basically saying the rule of man trumps the rule of God. They could best support their cause by staying united, staying faithful, and letting the same-sex folks have their “rights”.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-10-2015, 11:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It will make the point that they're loons.

This, people are idiots.
I'm willing to bet the wife came up with the idea and the husband said "yeah, I like it"
Raise your hand if you thought this was going to be an Onion article.....
and what would they do if homosexuals in australia are allowed to adopt? are they going to abandon their kids?
My life as I know it will never be the same.

I'm reminded of a phrase..."Cutting off your nose to spite your face."
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
(06-10-2015, 11:33 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: So this couple has decided that if Australia moves forward with equality, they will end their marriage.  Why?  Because it means that their marriage somehow is no longer the same.  They will continue to live together and have children, but will divorce (I'm not sure what the bible's stance is on this).  Not that I really care....if a couple wants to get divorced as a form of protest, more power to them.  I just don't really understand what point voiding your own marriage will make.

If they keep living together and having children, they will be living in sin. God save their mortal souls.

Just when I doubted things could get more stupid, someone comes along to remove that doubt.
Every time I read something along these lines, I immediately assume that the dude in question, is gay, and it's the immense amount of self hate heaped on him from an imaginary man in the sky that causes such a reaction.

So sad.
(06-11-2015, 08:06 PM)Westwood Bengal Wrote: Every time I read something along these lines, I immediately assume that the dude in question, is gay, and it's the immense amount of self hate heaped on him from an imaginary man in the sky that causes such a reaction.

So sad.

Why do you assume he's gay?
He's religious yes, but he also has a point, that point being that marriage looses it's meaning if the Australian government allows same-sex marriage to be legal. To him marriage is about finding a mate and having children with them, same sex couples can not naturally have children together. I don't understand why so many of you can't seem to understand that there is a very big group of people out there that feel this way. You aren't going to change their feelings by getting the laws changed. And this does not mean that they are "gay", "bigots", or "insecure" in their sexuality. In fact they are doing the exact same thing that you are doing, and that is "standing up for what they believe in."

His vow is a response to people like Jolie-Pitt who said they won't get married until same-sex marriage is legal. (I think he's stupid for doing that, but whatever floats his boat).
(06-11-2015, 08:41 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: To him marriage is about finding a mate and having children with them, same sex couples can not naturally have children together. I don't understand why so many of you can't seem to understand that there is a very big group of people out there that feel this way.

We ALL understand that many people feel this way.

We just don't understand how legalizing same sex marriage will keep heterosexuals from finding a mate and having children together.

Do people who think marriage is about having kids protest when heterosexual couples decide not to have any kids?  
(06-11-2015, 08:41 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: He's religious yes, but he also has a point, that point being that marriage looses it's meaning if the Australian government allows same-sex marriage to be legal.

Why?

Quote:To him marriage is about finding a mate and having children with them, same sex couples can not naturally have children together.

Then he should oppose marriage between people who are infertile and the elderly.

Quote:I don't understand why so many of you can't seem to understand that there is a very big group of people out there that feel this way. You aren't going to change their feelings by getting the laws changed.

We're well aware of the fact that these people exist. I'm less worried about changing their minds and more worried about securing the rights of all.

Quote:And this does not mean that they are "gay", "bigots", or "insecure" in their sexuality. In fact they are doing the exact same thing that you are doing, and that is "standing up for what they believe in.

Being intolerant of others wanting equal rights is the definition of bigotry.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Makes perfect sense to me...  They are gonna get divorced, and then marry someone of the same sex.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(06-10-2015, 11:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This would actually go against the cause they look to defend. They are basically saying the rule of man trumps the rule of God. They could best support their cause by staying united, staying faithful, and letting the same-sex folks have their “rights”.

Seriously?
(06-11-2015, 08:41 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: He's religious yes, but he also has a point, that point being that marriage looses it's meaning if the Australian government allows same-sex marriage to be legal. To him marriage is about finding a mate and having children with them.
Marriage is not "finding a mate and having children with them" to this guy. If it were, then why would he be saying that he was gonna get a divorce, yet still retain his mate and continue to have children? If that is what marriage was about to this nerd, he'd keep his marriage intact.
LFG  

(06-11-2015, 09:30 PM)treee Wrote: Seriously?
bfine trolls P&R just as much as he makes real posts. That statement was made solely to bother people, rather than make a point. As the SCOTUS has ruled repeatedly, marriage is a right....it's just become a "right" to butthurt opponents of equality.
LFG  

(06-11-2015, 09:30 PM)treee Wrote: Seriously?

Of course I'm serious. If a same-sex rule is passed at any level; all it would be to those that believe in holy matrimony (as those referenced in the OP supposedly believe) is a "right".

Not sure how you found offense to this, unless you don't think folks should just let them have this right if passed by law.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]