Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian Darrisaw
I don't know anything about Darrisaw, but I see him popping up in a couple of mock drafts at #5.

What do you folks know about him?
Reply/Quote
1. I put him as #2 behind Sewell. I don't know how much he's suited to our scheme, but I'd say he needs a bit of technique work, compared to Slater, but definitely has higher upside.

2. There's a draft forum. Plenty of threads there about Darrisaw
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 01:34 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 1. I put him as #2 behind Sewell. I don't know how much he's suited to our scheme, but I'd say he needs a bit of technique work, compared to Slater, but definitely has higher upside.

Ah damn I missed that, lock it up!
Reply/Quote
I don't think I would take him at 5, if Sewell is gone and we trade back 3 or 4 places and get another pick I would take him then
Reply/Quote
He is one of the most improved prospects in the draft class. Having moved up after a really solid season at Tackle.

I like Darrisaw a lot of us, but at 5 I think it is too soon he is the perfect target if Sewell is gone and the Bengals can trade down with the 49ers who are going to need a QB.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 01:34 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 1. I put him as #2 behind Sewell. I don't know how much he's suited to our scheme, but I'd say he needs a bit of technique work, compared to Slater, but definitely has higher upside.

He’s well suited to play in a wide zone scheme. Highly athletic. Could use a bit more power, but he took huge strides in 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 01:48 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: He is one of the most improved prospects in the draft class. Having moved up after a really solid season at Tackle.

I like Darrisaw a lot of us, but at 5 I think it is too soon he is the perfect target if Sewell is gone and the Bengals can trade down with the 49ers who are going to need a QB.

Carolina moving up to #3 for Justin Fields is likely to ruin any chance for the Bengals to trade back. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 03:22 PM)Synric Wrote: Carolina moving up to #3 for Justin Fields is likely to ruin any chance for the Bengals to trade back. 

Did they already make the trade?

Pictured Sewell going 3 to Miami. 

If Carolina moves up we should get Sewell

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 01:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: He’s well suited to play in a wide zone scheme. Highly athletic. Could use a bit more power, but he took huge strides in 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that! So he IS suited Big Grin
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Darrisaw is my 2nd favorite OT prospect in this Draft behind Sewell. I like others would rather trade back and get him
while adding another pick but I wouldn't be angry if we just took him at 5. He fits our wide zone as Ocho said. I also
like Slater for his versatility but also would rather trade back if we took either.

Darrisaw faced some very good Ends in college and held his own rather convincingly.
Reply/Quote