Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian Darrisaw
I see a lot of "If Penei is gone should we take Slater" talk. I'd personally take this dude (maybe even if Penei was available). Listen to what this draftnik has to say about him. I really likw his "weaknesses"

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Thanks fine. I am looking forward to watching this later
Reply/Quote
Christian Darrisaw would be the top offensive tackle in alot of classes. He has the perfect build, reach, and athletisim for an offensive tackle. Darrisaw plays in a scheme that offensive linemen will see at the next level. He is excellent combo and climbing and gave stack linebackers nightmares (including Chazz Surratt). He has gotten better every year as a pass protector and this year shut down several NFL caliber edge defenders on a perfect season only allowing 6 pressures. My favorite thing about Darrisaw is that he plays with a high motor and finishes his blocks through the whistle.

Is he worth the number 5 pick? I have him as a back end top 10 so yes I think he is.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2021, 12:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I see a lot of "If Penei is gone should we take Slater" talk. I'd personally take this dude (maybe even if Penei was available). Listen to what this draftnik has to say about him. I really likw his "weaknesses"

I watched the NC and BC games and what i came away with was;
Strong, tenacious, great balance (which allowed him to get to the 2nd level even in heavy traffic), plays through the whistle, looked really good run blocking. 

The only thing i put on the negative side was, he seemed to have a little trouble on the edge with speed rushers and being able to adjust to a second move. With bigger stronger speed guys in the NFL, that could be a problem. A guy like Bosa or even Carl Lawson could give him fits.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I think the emergence of the Lions as a trade partner suddenly makes things a lot more interesting, especially with options like Darrisaw and Slater popping up. Going from 5 to 7 isn't too far of a drop and you could pick up some extra draft capital for doing so. I know many view Sewell as a slam dunk, but I would much rather have Darrisaw and two early second round picks than Sewell and one.

Darrisaw is really athletic out at tackle and I think has a chance to be really good.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
Darrisaw is my OT2 after Sewell. Think we could trade back a little, gain a pick and still get him if Sewell is gone.
Reply/Quote
Yep, Darrisaw is a very good prospect.

I'd probably put Darrisaw as OT2 but have Slater as maybe OL2.
Slater reminds me a lot of Jonah Williams. He will almost assuredly be a good OT, but he could be a great IOL.
Darrisaw looks like pure OT and I think will be a better OT than Slater will.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2021, 04:03 PM)tBengal Wrote: Darrisaw is my OT2 after Sewell. Think we could trade back a little, gain a pick and still get him if Sewell is gone.

With what seems like more and more teams potentially looking for QBs, there could be some good offers for 5th pick, especially if Fields and/or Wilson is there.

DET, SF, NE, CHI, PIT
MIA might want to go after another QB if they don't think Tagovailoa is their guy (although I think it's too early still to make that call).
HOU would be if they traded Watson.
DAL would be if they didn't re-sign Prescott.

I obviously didn't include JAX, NYJ, or ATL in this since they are picking before CIN, but they all could use QB too.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I really really like Darrisaw.

As others have said, if we can move out of 5 and get another pick plus get Darrisaw, sign me up all day everyday.

I'd take Darrisaw and an extra pick over any of the WRs or Pitts at TE or any edge rusher. This guy, fixes the biggest issue instantly. Williams can move to right tackle to replace Hart and Darrisaw is that bad ass nasty you want watching the blindside of your QB.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Sure would be nice if all these good tackles in the draft keep the price down of the free agent tackles.

Verdict is still out on Jonah. Hopefully the injuries settle down and we may be ok. But I don’t trust our front office’s ability to draft OL.

Use the benefit of having a QB on a rookie contract and spend on proven NFL players to protect him.

I don’t want another early round Tobin bust OL
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 03:02 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Sure would be nice if all these good tackles in the draft keep the price down of the free agent tackles.

Verdict is still out on Jonah. Hopefully the injuries settle down and we may be ok. But I don’t trust our front office’s ability to draft OL.

Use the benefit of having a QB on a rookie contract and spend on proven NFL players to protect him.

I don’t want another early round Tobin bust OL

I don't trust the FO, but I may trust Pollack.
The reason I say "may" is because he supposedly really wanted Ragnow, who has turned out to be a stud. However, when Ragnow got taken right before, they decided Billy Price was worth Pick 21.

So if Ragnow was going to be the pick, I trust he can evaluate OL talent.
But I also take a step back because he also thought Price was a nice consolation prize.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2021, 12:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I see a lot of "If Penei is gone should we take Slater" talk. I'd personally take this dude (maybe even if Penei was available). Listen to what this draftnik has to say about him. I really likw his "weaknesses"

Darrisaw is a dude and a trade back to get him while getting picks is my ultimate win situation for this draft, but it relies on one of the 4 qb's to be there at 5 and someone willing to pay to move up.  I'm personally hoping that Washington loves a guy and unloads their future on us.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
It’s tough though, last time we traded back we missed out on our target (Ragnow). Don’t want the same to happen again. Can’t trade back to far. But I suppose if we do and he’s gone, there are plenty of guards, pass rushers and corners to choose from.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 03:20 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: It’s tough though, last time we traded back we missed out on our target (Ragnow). Don’t want the same to happen again. Can’t trade back to far. But I suppose if we do and he’s gone, there are plenty of guards, pass rushers and corners to choose from.

I thought that they traded back because they missed out on their target, Ragnow?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 03:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I thought that they traded back because they missed out on their target, Ragnow?

They swapped picks with Buffalo before the draft to bring in Cordy Glenn. It was a smart move because the Bengals needed a tackle and a center.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 03:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I thought that they traded back because they missed out on their target, Ragnow?

if you don't get Sewell you get slater, if you don't get slater you get Jenkins or Cosmi.  This class is absolutely loaded with guys who would normally be top 10 dudes.  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 03:39 PM)Synric Wrote: They swapped picks with Buffalo before the draft to bring in Cordy Glenn. It was a smart move because the Bengals needed a tackle and a center.

Right, I forgot about swapping 1sts with Buffalo for Glenn..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Boylhart isn’t too high on this kid. The talent is there. But the attention to detail isn’t.

His breakdown is interesting
Reply/Quote
Sweet, gonna watch this vid later Bfine. Just getting into the Draft so I know nothing about most players besides Sewell,
Chase and Pitts. Looking to watch this vid later, sounds like Darrisaw is just as good as Sewell from what I am hearing.

Will check it out. Cool
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 07:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sweet, gonna watch this vid later Bfine. Just getting into the Draft so I know nothing about most players besides Sewell,
Chase and Pitts. Looking to watch this vid later, sounds like Darrisaw is just as good as Sewell from what I am hearing.

Will check it out. Cool

Uhhh. No. Not even.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote