Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Christian McCaffrey
I hope the Bengals are inquiring what it would take to acquire Christian. I would offer Joe Mixon and a first rounder. McCaffrey would immediately make the offensive line better and make the Bengals the team to beat in the AFC. The window to win the Super Bowl is only open for so long. They need to give it everything they can to reach the peak of the mountain.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 03:39 PM)Bambam Wrote: I hope the Bengals are inquiring what it would take to acquire Christian.  I would offer Joe Mixon and a first rounder.  McCaffrey would immediately make the offensive line better and make the Bengals the team to beat in the AFC.  The window to win the Super Bowl is only open for so long.  They need to give it everything they can to reach the peak of the mountain.

He's injured more than TJ Watt.... pass
Reply/Quote
Very good player, but he has lacked the most important ability far too often....availability.
Reply/Quote
Would much rather have Brian Burns
Reply/Quote
He's hitting the point where he's likely to slow down A LOT soon.

Plus, he has a huge cap number.

Running backs in their 2nd contract are just a bad investment.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 03:39 PM)Bambam Wrote: I hope the Bengals are inquiring what it would take to acquire Christian.  I would offer Joe Mixon and a first rounder.  McCaffrey would immediately make the offensive line better and make the Bengals the team to beat in the AFC.  The window to win the Super Bowl is only open for so long.  They need to give it everything they can to reach the peak of the mountain.

Way too injured. The guy has missed more games than he's played. He would not even come close to the receptions that he's actually been more productive at with the Cinci. WR's as good as they've been
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 03:43 PM)BengalBob Wrote: Would much rather have Brian Burns

I could get on board with that, but he'd cost quite a bit.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 03:43 PM)BengalBob Wrote: Would much rather have Brian Burns

Same but Burns will likely be one of the key building pieces for a new coaching staff.

As for RunCMC I don't know if the Panthers will get anything for him I can see him getting cut in the offseason. Even trading his contract is still 11,11, and 12 million over the next 3 years and he has been injured ALOT in his career. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hurt a lot, will cost more than a 1st round pick, and you have to pick up 3yr/$36.2m for the next 3 years.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
hell to the no
Reply/Quote
Depending where we draft, bijan robinson would be a great addition to this team

He will prob go top 15 tho. And we need other things more. I hope we do take a RB in second or 3rd round next year
Reply/Quote
Never pay running backs! They can be great people. They can have done great things for your organization. They may even have a good year or so after the next contract but they almost always eventually fizzle out like no other position in football.

The data has shown us this for a while now and it's why I didn't want to pay Mixon. HB is one position where you cannot pay someone based on past results because statistically speaking they WILL decline due to injury and ineffectiveness as their bodies break down. It is hard to walk away from a productive player in their prime but it's fools gold. Their primes are behind them after one contract and all your are doing is betting on how long before they fall off the cliff.

A HB should be drafted every 2 years or so on day 3. They are lottery tickets, and frankly most of their success is based on blocking more so than their own ability to do something. This is why you see more day 3 and UDFA HB's turn into something than nearly any other position in the game, because their success is so reliant on other pieces around them.
Reply/Quote
Nah, our offense already has more talent than we know how to use. The Panthers will trade him to a contender like the Bills and then they'll draft or sign a QB next year who will have zero help and talent around him and their cycle of crap will continue because they'll probably settle for a 2nd round pick that'll be in the 60 range because he comes with a RB contract, and no one likes those.
Reply/Quote
No for reasons said above....

+ I don't think CMC changes much for this team.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 03:57 PM)Au165 Wrote: Never pay running backs! They can be great people. They can have done great things for your organization. They may even have a good year or so after the next contract but they almost always eventually fizzle out like no other position in football.

The data has shown us this for a while now and it's why I didn't want to pay Mixon. HB is one position where you cannot pay someone based on past results because statistically speaking they WILL decline due to injury and ineffectiveness as their bodies break down. It is hard to walk away from a productive player in their prime but it's fools gold. Their primes are behind them after one contract and all your are doing is betting on how long before they fall off the cliff.

A HB should be drafted every 2 years or so on day 3. They are lottery tickets, and frankly most of their success is based on blocking more so than their own ability to do something. This is why you see more day 3 and UDFA HB's turn into something than nearly any other position in the game, because their success is so reliant on other pieces around them.

I think guys like Aaron Jones and Alvin Kamara more offensive weapon than RB is the way to go (especially in a heavy shotgun offense like the Bengals used yesterday)... You get a playmaker but you want another guy share snaps to make their running back life span longer...

Jahmyr Gibbs looks like the Kamara/Jones type.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
He has been injured in the past but if he stays healthy, which he currently is, he is probably the best back in the league. There is a reason why Buffalo is inquiring about obtaining him. They know that the Super Bowl window is small. His production has been a ton better than Mixon’s this year. The salary hit doesn’t mean much. Rams, Dallas, Tampa Bay, Buffalo…etc. can all figure out how to manipulate the salary cap.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 03:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Nah, our offense already has more talent than we know how to use. The Panthers will trade him to a contender like the Bills and then they'll draft or sign a QB next year who will have zero help and talent around him and their cycle of crap will continue because they'll probably settle for a 2nd round pick that'll be in the 60 range because he comes with a RB contract, and no one likes those.

You can never have enough talent. Why would Buffalo be interested, they have a ton of talent?
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 03:57 PM)Au165 Wrote: Never pay running backs! They can be great people. They can have done great things for your organization. They may even have a good year or so after the next contract but they almost always eventually fizzle out like no other position in football.

Lots of good RB's in the 3rd/4th rounds that are really really good. You win in any league with a really good HC, an excellent QB and good players in the trenches. You can get really good players at the skill positions that can become excellent players with those things already mentioned happening.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 04:03 PM)Bambam Wrote: You can never have enough talent.  Why would Buffalo be interested, they have a ton of talent?

I said we have more talent than we know what to do with.  I fully expect a team like Buffalo to get CMC for a good deal.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 04:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I said we have more talent than we know what to do with.  I fully expect a team like Buffalo to get CMC for a good deal.

Getting McCaffrey would make it easier to use our talent. He is great at pass blocking and he is a huge pass catching option. This would open up all kinds of options for our WR’s.
Reply/Quote